Naked ADSL

Old Jan 16th 2010, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute
Default Naked ADSL

Hi all,

just moved into a new rental place and wanted to know what your experiences hve been with naked adsl. We're in Adelaide and were going to sign up with internode. They can't connect us for 4 weeks (!). It seems to be similar with the other providers too.

Anybody know of any providers who can connect us faster?
Anyone got any good things (or bad i guess) to say about Naked ADSL or the providers?

Any advice is greaatfully recieved!
Old Jan 16th 2010, 6:34 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Naked ADSL

I'm with internode. They are good. Spot on service and decent pricing.

Ultimately though they are probably just reselling Telstra wholesale as most other providers will do also hence the quote for the same connection time periods. On the plus side of things I believe they quote conservatively in 4 weeks. Mine was on in 11 days.

In the interim you can always just get a pre-pay 3G modem with no contract which means at least you would have ADSL speeds for the couple of weeks and its always a handy thing to have lying around for when faults happen or you go somewhere to stay - take your laptop and 3G with you
Old Jan 16th 2010, 8:12 am
In melbourne

silver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant future

We are using TPG (not naked tho even tho we never use the Telstra home line) Use Pennytel and Sipgate.co.uk with Siemens Gigaset DECT/SIP phone. Works a treat. Naked DSL is a local loop unbundled product so the ISP will need to get Telstra to transfer the line to their DSLAM. Agree with Centurion just get a 3G dongle to fill in for the the 4 weeks...

Sipgate.co.uk give us free UK incoming number which is really handy...

Have heard good things about internode previously...
Old Jan 16th 2010, 8:31 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I've been with Internode for about three years - stick with them!

Telstra are the problem - they will do anything to hinder a third party connexion and hopefully make you go to BigPond.

Internode service has always been good.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 8:55 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
I've been with Internode for about three years - stick with them!

Telstra are the problem - they will do anything to hinder a third party connexion and hopefully make you go to BigPond.

Internode service has always been good.
are you talking about naked dsl here?
Old Jan 16th 2010, 9:39 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
are you talking about naked dsl here?
No, it's not available where I am (or so say Telstra - but then they said the same about my present ADSL via Internode until I took them up on it), but Internode do all those things anyway.