Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Najo on the hot seat: What's the deal with Redcliffe???

Najo on the hot seat: What's the deal with Redcliffe???

Old May 15th 2004, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

najo is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Najo on the hot seat: What's the deal with Redcliffe???

Hi - I am not najo...........I am her husband!

Najo has been asking questions carefully orchestrated in a way so she would get the answer she wanted. Now, - I am asking the questions! The charade is over!!!!!

I am a guy who likes (and needs) the city for business - but living in it - no way. My neighborhood has to be away from the city (lets say 30-40 min drive to the city center), close to water since I am a fanatic windsurfer and it has to promote a young, outdoor lifestyle. I also don't want to cross the whole city in order to go to the sunshine coast.

Is Redcliffe a feasible option? I hear so many good but also bad things. If Redcliffe is old fashion today, may it become "trendy" in the future? Who are the people that like Redcliffe?

Najo's husband
(Wal)
Old May 16th 2004, 2:13 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Najo on the hot seat: What's the deal with Redcliffe???

Some people like it, some don't.

One comment that I have heard a few times, is at it is full of old houses. Could that mean that those houses will soon be pulled down and replaced with new ones, therefore creating a totally NEW Redcliffe ?

Old May 16th 2004, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by najo
Hi - I am not najo...........I am her husband!

Najo has been asking questions carefully orchestrated in a way so she would get the answer she wanted. Now, - I am asking the questions! The charade is over!!!!!

I am a guy who likes (and needs) the city for business - but living in it - no way. My neighborhood has to be away from the city (lets say 30-40 min drive to the city center), close to water since I am a fanatic windsurfer and it has to promote a young, outdoor lifestyle. I also don't want to cross the whole city in order to go to the sunshine coast.

Is Redcliffe a feasible option? I hear so many good but also bad things. If Redcliffe is old fashion today, may it become "trendy" in the future? Who are the people that like Redcliffe?

Najo's husband
(Wal)
Oh no, not that Redcliffe thread again!!!!!!!!

Wind/kite surfing as well as jet skiing is very popular off the peninusula, especially at Margate and across the bridge at Brigthon. Yes some of the houses are old fashioned but not all, if you want all new, move inland. It is a 45min commute into the CBD from Redcliffe via car then train, probably not worth driving.

Is it nice, in my(our) opinion yes, but not everybody agrees, but people look for different things, the area may or may not meet your requirements.

All yours Ceri.
Old May 16th 2004, 8:02 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by ScuntoBris
Oh no, not that Redcliffe thread again!!!!!!!!

See if these previous discussions help you any

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=redcliffe

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=redcliffe