Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

nail technician qualifications

nail technician qualifications

Old Aug 9th 2010, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

wazzerx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default nail technician qualifications

Hi, my family unit are looking into moving to Perth and i am currently looking at getting a qualification to do artificial nails/extensions/manicures etc. Does anyone know if the qualifications i get in England stand as the same in Oz, or would it be more beneficial for me to wait and gain the necessary qualifications there? Any info would be gratefully recieved, ta x
Old Aug 9th 2010, 2:35 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nail technician qualifications

Hi there, I don't know the answer as I'm a bloke!

But you might want to see this: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=677273

and PM the OP.

Good luck.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the help, I will email her reference the qualifications.

Thanks,
Old Aug 9th 2010, 3:04 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 9th 2010, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wazzerx
Hi, my family unit are looking into moving to Perth and i am currently looking at getting a qualification to do artificial nails/extensions/manicures etc. Does anyone know if the qualifications i get in England stand as the same in Oz, or would it be more beneficial for me to wait and gain the necessary qualifications there? Any info would be gratefully recieved, ta x
Is that the same as going over as a cook or a hairdresser
Old Aug 10th 2010, 7:19 am
Just Joined

Wink Re: nail technician qualifications

or..................comedian...like you???????????????
Old Aug 10th 2010, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

or..................comedian...like you???????????????
I think you would have a better chance with that one
Old Aug 10th 2010, 8:15 am
Just Joined

prob right lol
Old Aug 10th 2010, 9:50 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

My wife is a nail tech and has been doing Gel nails over 10 years now, and as far as I know, yes, they want to see qualifications, but at the end of the day they are more interested in the quality of your work & the speed of work.

My wife has always had her own business with a salon at home for nails & feet but also a wide selection of jewelery, bags, belts etc etc. There are so many asian salons in the shopping malls, you might struggle to find a job that pays half reasonable wages.

Personally I think you would be better setting up yourself from home, mobile or renting space at a hairdressers etc.

(the owner of local hairdressers also had a nail studio on the premises, but used to have her nails done by my wife, because she didnt think they did a good enough job )

you might be able to get a bit of advice here as well : http://www.apfanails.com.au/forum/
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, ill ring them tomorrow and hopefully they can answer some questions.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

I agree. Most, if not all of the shopping centres have an equivalent to professionail which is good and cheap. Currently pedi and mani are $45 and full sets of nails are around that too. Only extra for french polish.

Possibly not much cash to be made given these places are walk in and cheap.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kingseat
I agree. Most, if not all of the shopping centres have an equivalent to professionail which is good and cheap. Currently pedi and mani are $45 and full sets of nails are around that too. Only extra for french polish.

Possibly not much cash to be made given these places are walk in and cheap.
Makes you think about all that hard work for little money. If I do a denture repair which on average takes quarter of an hour £45.00 or $80.00. There is no real skill in repairing dentures I could teach you in an hour. A nail tech has to studey long hours to do it with little return very unfear.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 9:15 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eugene43
Makes you think about all that hard work for little money. If I do a denture repair which on average takes quarter of an hour £45.00 or $80.00. There is no real skill in repairing dentures I could teach you in an hour. A nail tech has to studey long hours to do it with little return very unfear.
My wife has a client turning up in a minute for a new set of french manicure nails & toes. $100.00 and thats about 2 and a half hours work done properly. Not exactly raking it in