Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nail Tech/Beauty Therapist in Sydney

Nail Tech/Beauty Therapist in Sydney

Old Mar 31st 2007, 10:05 am
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all
Default Nail Tech/Beauty Therapist in Sydney

Hi all
I have been ssearching lots of posts to save asking this question but I just can't find the answer i'm looking for.
Has anybody moved over and got a job without having to retrain. I have an NVQ level 2 and am a nail tech using millenium products ( hope to use ezflow soon also). I decided I didn't want to do level 3 as I have no interest in body electrical. I am hoping to do swedish body massage and possibly indian head. Is it worth me doing these extra courses in the UK or should i wait until we move over. Its very dificult to decide what to do as I have spent alot of money training and I don't want to have to do it all again I would sooner wait.
Please help as I am getting frustrated as I don't seem to be able to find an answer.
Thank-you
Lisa
xxxx
Old Mar 31st 2007, 7:55 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all
Default Re: Nail Tech/Beauty Therapist in Sydney

Just wondering if there are any auzzies just waking up to look at this post.
Thanks
Lisa
xxxx
Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:44 pm
Lisa

Calling all Beauty Therapists surely there are somme out there.
lisa
xxxx
Old Apr 1st 2007, 7:25 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LisaD_uk
Calling all Beauty Therapists surely there are somme out there.
lisa
xxxx
Hi there Lisa,

I cant help because we are not out there yet, but my wife is a nail technician, and we did get some good advice in the past from the ladies on this site.

http://www.salongeek.com/

There are quite a few on there from down under.

Give it a try, hopefully it will help.

Paul
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:06 pm
Lisa

Originally Posted by furkew
Hi there Lisa,

I cant help because we are not out there yet, but my wife is a nail technician, and we did get some good advice in the past from the ladies on this site.

http://www.salongeek.com/

There are quite a few on there from down under.

Give it a try, hopefully it will help.

Paul
Thanks for that. I am a member of salongeek aswell and have asked a few questions on the subject but not really got the answer that i'm looking for yet but hey i'm sure i will get them somehow.
What system and products does your OH work with?
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

I know when we were out there last year oh got a job working in beauty salon she is nvq level 2 3 and qualified in other things. I think experience is all they want and from what oh told me they snap pommy beauticians up as we are far better trained. Jessica nails seems to stick in me head that came in very useful oh and clarins training the aussies are big into clarins.
My opinion get trained in indian head massage not for oz but to use on oh i cant get enough of them lol!
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Sorry can't help but if anyone can recco me a good nail tech in Perth please do. I have a wedding to go to n I wan't my hands looking nice thanks
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

My oh worked in the beauticians in subiaco precinct very good beauticians by all accounts!
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chrisandvee
My oh worked in the beauticians in subiaco precinct very good beauticians by all accounts!
Tell me more - I getting married on 4th August n i'd like the works
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 5:40 pm
Lisa

I know when we were out there last year oh got a job working in beauty salon she is nvq level 2 3 and qualified in other things. I think experience is all they want and from what oh told me they snap pommy beauticians up as we are far better trained. Jessica nails seems to stick in me head that came in very useful oh and clarins training the aussies are big into clarins.
My opinion get trained in indian head massage not for oz but to use on oh i cant get enough of them lol!
Thanks for reply. I have e-mailed IICT and have just received one back saying that they accept overseas qualifications and I would be able to regiter with them so that is good news.
Lisa
xxxx
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think the general wage for a beautician is somwhere between 16 ad 20 dollars which is more than uk too
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:50 pm
Lisa

I think the general wage for a beautician is somwhere between 16 ad 20 dollars which is more than uk too
Going to be living in Sydney as we just fell in love with the place so I need a decent wage.
I would love to go mobile but i'm not sure its as popular over there as it is here.
Thanks again for replys
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

You will have problems atall, if you want to get a full time job as well as going mobile you wouldnt have any issues. You see us poms have a great work ethic and if you are prepared to go the extra mile then you will suceed. I went on a travellers working visa a couple of years ago and grafted and earnt far more money than i ever did than in uk. A good company to work for doing the counters on the beauty department is at myers (you can find them on google coles and myers i think) there you can earn upto $25 an hour on the stands. Good luck and have some karma
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 10:39 am
Lisa

You will have problems atall, if you want to get a full time job as well as going mobile you wouldnt have any issues. You see us poms have a great work ethic and if you are prepared to go the extra mile then you will suceed. I went on a travellers working visa a couple of years ago and grafted and earnt far more money than i ever did than in uk. A good company to work for doing the counters on the beauty department is at myers (you can find them on google coles and myers i think) there you can earn upto $25 an hour on the stands. Good luck and have some karma

Thanks very much. I have been in contact with another Australian BT and I have some E-mail addys for a few training places over there.

You've been a big help.