Naati exam

Old Mar 11th 2003, 4:13 am
Just Joined

sarahwatson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Naati exam

Hi,

Really need some advice on the NAATI exam - Firstly am doing the translator exam, has anyone done this? I am native English speaker and prefer to translate from French into English.

Also I will be taking the test in the UK but need to do some prep work - anyone know anywhere that does this in the UK?

Any help most appreciated - this is my last chance for residency!!!

Cheers
Sarah
Old Mar 11th 2003, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

h0pe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Naati exam

Hello

If you have applied already with NAATI they should have sent you a prep pack with everything you need - sample tests, code of ethics booklet for theory etc.

In all honesty, texts they give tend to be tricky, quite a bit harder then samples they send. The best thing to do is to go through what they send you, work out your timing technique and make sure you thoroughly answer your code of ethics questions to get maximum points.

Brush up on your spelling and grammar and that's the best you can do I suppose.

You may be allowed to take your laptop, but check with the examiner first. I had to write out everything by hand - it took me ages.

I am still waiting for my results (it's been 4 weeks)...

Good luck!
Hope

Originally posted by sarahwatson
Hi,

Really need some advice on the NAATI exam - Firstly am doing the translator exam, has anyone done this? I am native English speaker and prefer to translate from French into English.

Also I will be taking the test in the UK but need to do some prep work - anyone know anywhere that does this in the UK?

Any help most appreciated - this is my last chance for residency!!!

Cheers
Sarah