Myworkyourwork

Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice
Default Myworkyourwork

Hey guys. Im trying to do a bit of research.
I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of the company in the title. www.myworkyourwork.com.au/ is their website, and i was wondering how ligitmite they are, or if anyone has dealt with them in the past??

They look professional and are very nice to talk to etc and i have an meeting the girl next week in Belfast here, but a couple of things are a bit iffy about it all...

Let me know
Old Sep 13th 2007, 8:05 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Myworkyourwork

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
but a couple of things are a bit iffy about it all...

Let me know
such as ???
Old Sep 13th 2007, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Nothing serious tbh. Meeting in a coffee shop for the interview is one thing. To me thats odd, it may sound strange but to me its odd

I think its just a N.Irish thing to be aware of scam artists, as the country is full of them. There is horror stories all the time and i just dont want to be another story.

Im just making sure before commiting to anything.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:51 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

As long as you're on your guard and don't agree or sign anything you should be fine. Hear what she has to say and then research them further. I don't think it's a NI thing, I think a coffee shop venue a bit odd. Good luck.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 12:00 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Just a thought, but the website gives no details as to the corporate identity of the "company", the only way to contact them are two mobile numbers and an email address.

No office address, and no idea who they are or the people behind them.

No MARA agent number to act as a registered migration agent.

Meeting at a coffee shop. I'd ask to visit thier offices for a few final questions you have.....

Personally, I would agree. Its stinky and I'd be voicing those concerns with that company and asking for some further details that you can check. Any real company worth its salt wont hesitate in providing them to you as it means your taking them seriously.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 12:10 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

It all seems to link up here, have a look >>>> http://easily.co.uk/index.php3 and just type the URL myworkyourwork and do a search

or have a look at the Pic
Attached Thumbnails Myworkyourwork-my-work-your-work-pty-ltd.jpg  

Last edited by Sunny_Glesga; Sep 14th 2007 at 12:12 am.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply's.
That seems to check out, the website above. It gives the right name, and an address at least. I will be on my guard anyway

Thank you
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Not the same situation as this I know, but hubby has had many an interview with recruitment agents at a coffee shop for contract/permanent in London. Something to do with putting you at ease as it's neutral territory. Maybe this is what they are trying to do? Would be a bit suspicious of only mobile contact numbers though
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
As long as you're on your guard and don't agree or sign anything you should be fine. Hear what she has to say and then research them further. I don't think it's a NI thing, I think a coffee shop venue a bit odd. Good luck.
I had to meet a bloke in the Jolly Farmer Pub in the middle of Preston for a job interview once............. couldn't hear a bloody word he was saying due to a very loud juke-box blaring away? Very strange place to conduct an interview?

Must have answered the questions correctly though ............ or else he couldn't hear my response properly? Anyway; I got the job and it was at Gasi-Touill in Algeria. Big tax-free bucks working in the oil fields in the Sahara........... was going to say it was in the middle of nowhere but that really flatters the place ............ it was actually in nowhere.

Only good thing about it was if Gasi-Touill ever came up at a quiz night many years hence.............. I knew the answer on our table cos when we arrived on-site for Sonatrach............ the induction spiel told us Gasi-Touil was in the Guinness Book of Records and the reason why!
Old Sep 14th 2007, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

MikeSplicer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bobcat
I had to meet a bloke in the Jolly Farmer Pub in the middle of Preston for a job interview once............. couldn't hear a bloody word he was saying due to a very loud juke-box blaring away? Very strange place to conduct an interview?

Must have answered the questions correctly though ............ or else he couldn't hear my response properly? Anyway; I got the job and it was at Gasi-Touill in Algeria. Big tax-free bucks working in the oil fields in the Sahara........... was going to say it was in the middle of nowhere but that really flatters the place ............ it was actually in nowhere.

Only good thing about it was if Gasi-Touill ever came up at a quiz night many years hence.............. I knew the answer on our table cos when we arrived on-site for Sonatrach............ the induction spiel told us Gasi-Touil was in the Guinness Book of Records and the reason why!
And the reason was?
Old Sep 14th 2007, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeSplicer
And the reason was?
G'uday Mike

Red Adair made his first million dollars by capping an out of control well in Gasi-Touil.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of

I met my Agent in a coffee shop in Mandurah, then again in another coffee shop on the M6 in the UK, I dont think he has an office but that didnt put me off.

Probably one of the most helpfull people I have ever met in my life. As long as they look legite and are registered with correct bodies then dont worry about it
Old Nov 12th 2007, 1:44 am
Just Joined

AnnP will become famous soon enoughAnnP will become famous soon enough

In response to CurtNIR query about My Work Your Work we make the following observations:

WE ARE A LEGITIMATE AUSTRALIAN COMPANY WITH AN AUSTRALIAN BUSINESS NUMBER.

We do not have an office in Belfast. On overseas trips we travel to meet people to cause them minimum inconvenience – Belfast, Carrickfergus, Dubllin, Hollywood etc, especially as we meet people during their lunch hour.

Meeting at a coffee shop is also, as someone else who replied in this forum pointed out, it is neutral territory. We find that it’s a less intimidating option as many of the people that we interview aren’t used to the office environment. You can’t get the best out of someone at interview if they are not comfortable in the environment. From experience we find that this is the best way for us to operate and whilst it is a little “outside of the square” to some people they generally find that it really works and puts them at ease. Michele is originally from Belfast and due the friendly nature of the people there we are keen to make people as comfortable as possible when chatting about Australian opportunities.

We do not have a MARA as we are not registered migrations agents – we do not provide migration advice and in no way purport to do so. We are recruitment agents who specialize in bringing candidates from overseas to fill skills shortage positions. A company and/or their migration agent will work out the visa protocol.

Should you have any further queries and/or if you are interested in looking for a job in Australia please do not hesitate to visit our website at www.myworkyourwork.com.au and send your query/submit your cv.

Kind Regards,
Ann Parkinson and Michele Moore
Directors
My Work Your Work Pty Ltd