Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Myth about HP sauce

The Myth about HP sauce

Old Mar 13th 2005, 9:22 pm
making your move easier

melbournehelp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Myth about HP sauce

Some clients who have just arrived in Melbourne advised me that there is a vicious rumour spreading abouth the availability of HP sauce in Australia.
As such they packed four bottles in their valuable luggage space .
Melbournehelp can officially advise you that HP sauce is readily available in Melbourne's supermarkets , so save yourself some luggage space !

Melhelp
Old Mar 13th 2005, 9:59 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: The Myth about HP sauce

Originally Posted by melbournehelp
Some clients who have just arrived in Melbourne advised me that there is a vicious rumour spreading abouth the availability of HP sauce in Australia.
Melbournehelp can officially advise you that HP sauce is readily available in Melbourne's supermarkets , so save yourself some luggage space !

Melhelp

Tis everywhere in Brisbane too.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 10:17 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Tis everywhere in Brisbane too.

oh my God

It's just like marmite :scared:

Bye
Mark
Old Mar 13th 2005, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Laurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really nice

What is HP sauce? </dumb american>
Old Mar 13th 2005, 10:30 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Laurie1st
What is HP sauce? </dumb american>
BBQ sauce colour, but a thinner texture and has a slightly fruitier taste. Great on bacon sandwiches, and most things come to think of it!

HP Sauce
Old Mar 20th 2005, 2:17 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
BBQ sauce colour, but a thinner texture and has a slightly fruitier taste. Great on bacon sandwiches, and most things come to think of it!

HP Sauce
Excellent on fish and chips and miles tastier than boring bland bloody BBQ sauce. Can get it in Perth too. Think its now made in OZ under licence.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Since the topic of condiments has been brought up... anyone know a good brand of oz mayonaise. I don't eat the stuff, but my husband is driving me mad buying a different brand each week, trying it and chucking it out. Apparently they all taste like salad cream rather than mayo. Would really appreciate a recommendation of mayo tasting mayo. Thanks
Rachel
Old Mar 20th 2005, 4:16 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melbournehelp

Melhelp
HP sauce and Heinz tomato sauce everywhere, some people think Oz is so uncivilised

For a nice hot sauce try Fountain hot chilli sauce, beautiful on burgers..
Old Mar 20th 2005, 4:40 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally Posted by RReed
Since the topic of condiments has been brought up... anyone know a good brand of oz mayonaise. I don't eat the stuff, but my husband is driving me mad buying a different brand each week, trying it and chucking it out. Apparently they all taste like salad cream rather than mayo. Would really appreciate a recommendation of mayo tasting mayo. Thanks
Rachel

Kala has found a good one I think, SupaValue maybe? Try doing a search under her username (JayDee) and it should bring something back
Old Mar 20th 2005, 6:36 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RReed
Rachel

Best Foods.... *bring out the best* Real Mayonnaise is the 1 to go for!!!!!

(same size as a jar ov jam.... royal blue lid..... with navy and yellow label on the front) ...... incase the attachment fails to work!

same as hellmans..... slightly dearer but worth the few extra pennies.... the other stuff tastes **** in comparison

love boomie
xx
Attached Thumbnails The Myth about HP sauce-real_32oz.jpg  
Old Mar 20th 2005, 6:47 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

We found HP sauce in Sydney too. I was hoping that was one thing we could escape from as hubby puts in on everything! (Well, not quite everything!) There I am spending ages getting the flavour of the bolognese just right (courtesy of a few drops of red vino) and he smothers it in the stuff - ruined! Men - typical!

Binbird
Old Mar 20th 2005, 6:59 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally Posted by binbird
We found HP sauce in Sydney too. I was hoping that was one thing we could escape from as hubby puts in on everything! (Well, not quite everything!) There I am spending ages getting the flavour of the bolognese just right (courtesy of a few drops of red vino) and he smothers it in the stuff - ruined! Men - typical!

Binbird

My partner does that with bloody BBQ sauce; there's me, slaving over a hotstove, cooking a meal fit for a King (okay, so my cooking probably isn't that good, but you get the idea) and he'll just blob BBQ sauce all over it!! I mean, I ask ya, whats the point?!
Old Mar 20th 2005, 7:41 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by Boomie
Best Foods.... *bring out the best* Real Mayonnaise is the 1 to go for!!!!!

(same size as a jar ov jam.... royal blue lid..... with navy and yellow label on the front) ...... incase the attachment fails to work!

same as hellmans..... slightly dearer but worth the few extra pennies.... the other stuff tastes **** in comparison

love boomie
xx
Last year Coles sold Hellmans mayo made in the Phillipines, has that gone?

M

Old Mar 20th 2005, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Thanks for the mayo tips. Will look for the brands tomorrow! He tried helman's - but tasted different to uk (apparently).
Rachel x
Old Mar 20th 2005, 10:02 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Hopefully you`re HP sauce isn`t the same batch of HP sauce that was contaminated in the UK (along with hundreds of other products) by a poisonous colouring recently

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.