Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The mystery of the poo on the patio

The mystery of the poo on the patio

Old Feb 2nd 2011, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The mystery of the poo on the patio

Originally Posted by asprilla
Yeah, they've graduated since then.
I'm surprised they finished their courses, they were always lazing around, snoozing under the pines.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunbather
Possom pooh?
No possoms around here, I think but defo plenty of fox and roos
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Family of 3
This afternoon Mini looked out of the window and said "Mummy, there's poo in the garden." I looked out, and sure enough there were big dollops of black poo on the lawn, the (covered) patio and (yuck) on the table and chairs.

We have 4 cats but it's wasn't cat poo (too big, wrong colour, they wouldn't do it on the table, and they have a litter tray they use). The only thing I could think of is that someone's chucked dog poo over the fence.

So after cleaning it up I go round to the neighbour, who's seemed very nice on the odd occasion we've said hello and borrowed tools. I thought maybe our cats had poo'd in her garden and her kids had got "revenge". But she was very nice, didn't know we had cats, doesn't have a dog, and was as stumped as me.

The neighbours on the other side do have a dog, but the poo would have had to go over the house and curl under to the patio.

The people behind have dogs, but the plots are graded so I doubt the cats could have got down to their garden (or back, anyway) and the poo missed the back of the garden where the trampoline etc is.

So I'm a bit stumped. I can't see how a dog could have got in. It's definitely not cat poo.

Is it likely we've been visited by some wild animal?
kanga poo is small.If you think its foxes make sure you keep the patio doors locked especially with the little one.Might be worth taking a picture if it happens again to your local vet to see if they can shed any light.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

If it's kanga s/he'd have had to jump over 2m fence.

And would have been a tight squeeze for a fox to squeeze under....
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Spoke to the very helpful people at Joondalup Environmental Health Dept.

They said it sounds like a fox from the description of the poo(!) and because they're having an anti-fox campaign on the beach front at the moment. She said they don't de-fox private homes but if it persists a pest controller may be able to help. They're nocturnal (so I should keep the cats in at night) but generally not aggressive unless attacked.

And according to Wiki, they can jump 2m so that's how they got in!

Relieved it's not a neighbour!
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 10:21 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

I still think that it is a wayward koala.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 10:26 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

They said it sounds like a fox from the description of the poo(!) and because they're having an anti-fox campaign on the beach front at the moment.

And according to Wiki, they can jump 2m so that's how they got in!

Those damned foxes.... political enemies one minute, athletes the next !
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Reminds me of the time we went camping. Set our grotty tent up next a fantastic state of the art tent inhabitated by a middle aged snooty couple who we nicknamed Charles and Camilla.
They had 3 brats..sorry kids..who were totally unsupervised and a pain in the arse.
One night Charles came out of his tent and stood on a great dollop of poo...no it didn't come from an animal ..but one of the kids
Was it Rupert,Henry or Winston.
The air was blue!!!
Charles was worse than than gestarpo interogating them.
All you heard was..'who's done this f**** poo..help me darling its stuck in between my toes...I need nail clipers. Did we bring the foot spa.
He then proceeded to ask us if we saw the guilty party..I had to walk away as I was crying.
Best piece of entertainment I had had in years!!!!
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 10:37 am
Account Open

Originally Posted by Nick11
Reminds me of the time we went camping. Set our grotty tent up next a fantastic state of the art tent inhabitated by a middle aged snooty couple who we nicknamed Charles and Camilla.
They had 3 brats..sorry kids..who were totally unsupervised and a pain in the arse.
One night Charles came out of his tent and stood on a great dollop of poo...no it didn't come from an animal ..but one of the kids
Was it Rupert,Henry or Winston.
The air was blue!!!
Charles was worse than than gestarpo interogating them.
All you heard was..'who's done this f**** poo..help me darling its stuck in between my toes...I need nail clipers. Did we bring the foot spa.
He then proceeded to ask us if we saw the guilty party..I had to walk away as I was crying.
Best piece of entertainment I had had in years!!!!

ho ho...

while we're on the topic of "tents and poo" - Many, many years ago, a friend & I attended a music festival in the UK. We arrived late on Friday, and all the good camping spots had been taken so we picked a vacant spot next to a ditch. I think we both knew that this spot was a bad choice, but we were just desperate to get in amongst the beers etc. The tent's location was not important.

To cut a long story short, we got back late that night and there were folks p*ssing outside our tent all night. When the sun came up the next morning, I woke with a bit of a hangover and poked my head out of the tent... and there was a girl's arse 30cm away from my face. You can guess what she was doing.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

We need some photographic evidence of this poo. In the absence of such, I'll hazard a guess at wombat poo? Or given that you've described it as black poo, do any of your neighbours drink a lot of Guinness?
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 11:53 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

This afternoon Mini looked out of the window and said "Mummy, there's poo in the garden." I looked out, and sure enough there were big dollops of black poo on the lawn, the (covered) patio and (yuck) on the table and chairs.

We have 4 cats but it's wasn't cat poo (too big, wrong colour, they wouldn't do it on the table, and they have a litter tray they use). The only thing I could think of is that someone's chucked dog poo over the fence.

So after cleaning it up I go round to the neighbour, who's seemed very nice on the odd occasion we've said hello and borrowed tools. I thought maybe our cats had poo'd in her garden and her kids had got "revenge". But she was very nice, didn't know we had cats, doesn't have a dog, and was as stumped as me.

The neighbours on the other side do have a dog, but the poo would have had to go over the house and curl under to the patio.

The people behind have dogs, but the plots are graded so I doubt the cats could have got down to their garden (or back, anyway) and the poo missed the back of the garden where the trampoline etc is.

So I'm a bit stumped. I can't see how a dog could have got in. It's definitely not cat poo.

Probably a shite suggestion but could it have been some sort of bird or a flock of birds? Or PPP?
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
If you think its foxes make sure you keep the patio doors locked especially with the little one.Might be worth taking a picture if it happens again to your local vet to see if they can shed any light.
We were in the UK last year when babies in London and a toddler in Brighton were attacked by foxes, so as irishbloo says, take care.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point

i cant believe nobody has told you this yet..

ive just asked me pal whos a meteriologist,he said to tell you not to worry..

its what they call here a shit storm,you get a big build up of shit in the northern hemisphere,it draws it up in a kind of shit cyclone(works on the same principle as a dyson but instead of dog hair it draws up shit) then deposits it on urban areas..
thats where the expression in the shit comes from,what the aussie thing to do is ,pass it on ,chuck it over next door,they in turn will do the same until the shit lands on the verge,thats why you get loads of shit on the verge..

hope this helps..

ast..

Last edited by aston; Feb 3rd 2011 at 12:39 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston
i cant believe nobody has told you this yet..

ive just asked me pal whos a meteriologist,he said to tell you not to worry..

its what they call here a shit storm,you get a big build up of shit in the northern hemisphere,it draws it up in a kind of shit cyclone(works on the same principle as a dyson but instead of dog hair it draws up shit) then deposits it on urban areas..
thats where the expression in the shit comes from,what the aussie thing to do is ,pass it on ,chuck it over next door,they in turn will do the same until the shit lands on the verge,thats why you get loads of shit on the verge..

hope this helps..

ast..
now it makes sense.perhaps thats what you saw in Yanchep last week hanging over you.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 1:21 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. I'm sorry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.