Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

myob part time/full time courses

myob part time/full time courses

Old Apr 4th 2007, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default myob part time/full time courses

Has anyone done any MYOB courses? hubby keeps saying i should do it, ive held out for 4 years with a casual job, but fancy a change.

Were the courses worth it? Did you find work easily after?
thanks Yve
Old Apr 4th 2007, 6:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: myob part time/full time courses

Originally Posted by abergas
Has anyone done any MYOB courses? hubby keeps saying i should do it, ive held out for 4 years with a casual job, but fancy a change.

thanks Yve
Been meaning to do it for ages. Loads of jobs over this way ask for it. I think it's fairly straightforward to do. I've booked to do it a few times but then the course has been cancelled though lack of numbers.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm doing a MYOB and Bookkeeping course just now. It cost me just short of $1200.

MYOB is really easy to use, providing you know you're way around a PC you'll be fine. It's much easier to use than any accounts package I've ever used.

I know there are MYOB only courses about, but I thought if I have a certificate from an Australian College it'd look better on my CV. We all know how much these Aussies love their bits of paper
Old Apr 4th 2007, 6:56 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone done any MYOB courses?
thanks Yve
Hi Yve,

you can do the course at home (much cheaper) and then do the certificate online.

1. Go to: http://myob.com
2. Select "Australia" as the country from the drop-down menu.
3. Click on "Training+Events".
4. Down the left-hand side (under "For business") click on "Accredited Training". If you read and scroll down and click on the links, all the info is there.

MYOB Book-keeping costs $99 plus postage and includes the Student Edition of the software. (But if you book for the online assessment at the same time as buying MYOB Book-keeping, you save $49.)

MYOB Payroll costs $59 plus postage. (To get to that: Click again on "Training+Events", then on "Training manuals and resources", then on "Payroll Survival Guide".)

Gina

Last edited by GinaUK; Apr 4th 2007 at 7:03 am.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 7:19 am
Just Joined

Shazpow is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks Yve

I just signed up for a 6 week MYOB course every Saturday. Cost $130 at the local TAFE college.

Give them a call

ShazPow
Old Apr 4th 2007, 7:51 am
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future

My partner did one part time at one of the brissie TAFE's, I think they are ran pretty often.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Thanks for your help, im all sorted now, I signed up for the myob.com training package. So thanks GinaUK, Had a sample emailed to me, can't wait to get started.
thanks again
Yve