Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Myers and David Jones

Myers and David Jones

Old Jun 19th 2007, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

Pisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant future
Default Myers and David Jones

Are they very expensive? and do they stock ladies clothes?
Old Jun 19th 2007, 3:47 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Myers and David Jones

Originally Posted by Pisces
Yes they are, yes they do.

Stick with Target love, no-one gives a monkey's what you wear here anyway.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 4:06 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Myer is a good department store stocking their own brands of clothing through to Ralph Lauren, Country Road etc.
They have constant and excellent sales. The quality is good imo... They're a bit like Beaties or Browns of Chester in the UK.
You also get percentage discount days - like sometimes they throw in a 15% off on a Thursday for example.
David Jones is more expensive and a bit more exclusive, but in a sale... whoa! Good stuff. They also have their own brand stuff and it's excellent quality.
Always good for gifts too.

I also shop in KMart for my casual stuff, because I can get some excellent stuff in there if I'm willing to take a little time to look. And then there's an excellent Target Country, as Vim suggests, near me which stocks really nice basics stuff...
Old Jun 19th 2007, 5:12 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

David Jones does its own price promise, if you can get the same brand etc elsewhere at a lower price they will sell it to you at the lower price. I have down this with most things I buy. I check out all the other shops and then go back to DJs on sales days and check it out. I mostly do this with electical and computer stuff as I like the service.

For womens work and smart clothes, and fitting services for Bras etc, it is a great store in terms of service and help. General day to day tat for myself I use other high street stores and am fairly happy with that.

I love the food hall in the city but it is usually for a treat.

As mentioned the sales are good, have spent a few hundred on bras and shoes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Jones_Limited
Old Jun 19th 2007, 5:26 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego

Too right

But i think that is a good thing really.

Myers and David Jones are way too expensive. The proper designer shops you will need a second morgage for.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Pisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant future

Thanks for the info, not going to bother about clothes then.
But now about the face - still bad skin even at my age - am using Guerlain, Clinique and Guinot. Would I get these product from somewhere like Meyers and David Jones ?
Old Jun 19th 2007, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

But now about the face - still bad skin even at my age - am using Guerlain, Clinique and Guinot. Would I get these product from somewhere like Meyers and David Jones ?
Myer and DJ's stocks Clinique, and Guerlain, Don't know about Guinot.

Australia's like England.... but it isn't.

Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:04 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

You can get them at most shopping malls, with or without Myer or David Jones.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:11 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego

You sounded right camp there

My apiologies if you are
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:19 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
You sounded right camp there

My apiologies if you are
I have my moments, but only at weekends
Old Jun 20th 2007, 4:23 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

DJ's is a half decent store and their sales are pretty good.

I can buy Lacoste there at approx. the same cost as back "home" so I'm happy ...

Myers is almost DJ's ... bit like Tesco's food court to M&S

Old Jun 20th 2007, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

drivetrain is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Ive just found a salon that uses Guinot in Caloundra, Bulcock Beach. I stocked up on my skin care yesterday, its a similar price to the Uk. I was so pleased when I found it! Em :-)
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

The only time I go into David Jones is to use the toilet!!!!!!!!!! Too bloody pricey!!
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

No DJ's here...Myers OK though.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:14 pm
Banned

jasminejones is an unknown quantity at this point

David Jones is more expensive than Myers.

I wouldn't say Myer's is too expensive though, especially if your buying in the sales.

Target & K-Mart are definitely much cheaper and you still get good quality..

Jasmine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.