Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My work in brisbane,pick a state,meeting new friends etc

My work in brisbane,pick a state,meeting new friends etc

Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default My work in brisbane,pick a state,meeting new friends etc

Anyone give me some info,details and address of companies in queensland that employ pipefitters for the oil and gas industry,or in that sort of trade.
I am trying for tra as a metal fabricator so will see how i go there for visa reasons,but my job is multi tasked so might not need to be just pipefitter.

But my plan was to head for perth as thats where the work seems to be for my trade,but want to head for brisbane as one,i have a girlfriend there,well maybe about to break up,but just i like that side as it has gold coast,sunshine cost and you can travel to sydney,melbourne etc,so in to tell you the truth much more to see and do there.
Not that i have not seen any,as i traveled in 2004 so seen it all,But for living thought brisbane be best.

Is there company's that offer fly in,fly out if i went to brisbane,i dont want to do my job the rest of my days,but maybe until i was back on my feet again and get some money and settled and maybe do something on my own.

Has most went on prefered location or where the thing is best for there work.

I do not have relatives in brisbane,but do in melbourne and i do have in perth,would it be a good idea being in same state as them,not that i will require there help or anything.

Cause me and my girl might be breaking up,before it really got started,my plan was to go brisbane and still is,should i go where my work is or where i prefer as if and when the time comes i hope to make the right choice.

How can i find out about work before making that choice.

Been thinking of moving to oz for 7 years now and after meeting that girl she was the one that pushed me further to apply for tra and then visa which i am only on tra for now.
Sometimes in my head i say maybe i should not go now as she might not be there for me,but then there is many more fish in the sea and anyway just had enough of the uk and weather.

Has many on here did it alone and how did they do making new friends and also a partner.
Life is too short and if i dont do it now later in life i will say why did i not etc,etc.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 9:49 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My work in brisbane,pick a state,meeting new friends etc

Just because you get in on a Trade there is no obligation to continue that trade once you land in Australia, you are free to work in any occupation you want once your visa is granted!

Have a look at the Queensland Courier Mail website they advertise vacancies there, it might give you a feel for what's available to you.
Otherwise you could google some of the international companies and see what's available in QLD.

Good luck

Ali