Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My wife wants to go home....

My wife wants to go home....

Old Aug 14th 2013, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

kips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: My wife wants to go home....

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Making a good life for yourself after such a rotten start and feeling the pull of home so strongly took guts kips. I take my hat off to you.
Thanks for your kind words. I forgot to mention we've also moved 4 times for work and been saddened to leave behind the wonderful friends we made. That was tough.

We spent the first 6 weeks in Manly, then bought a house in Dapto, near Wollongong, where we lived for 4 years.

Then we moved to Corindi Beach, near Coffs Harbour, on the mid north coast, NSW. Lived there for 4 years and then moved to Perth 2 years ago. I think we we will be staying put for a while even though I am not a big fan of WA

Miss the breathtaking beauty of the NSW coastline. We've also had some fantastic driving holidays in Queensland and been blow away by the awesome scenery. White Haven Beach and Cape Tribulation Beach are two of my favourite places.

I think being in such a naturally beautiful country and the climate is what has kept me going. It's hard to be miserable walking on a beach on a beautiful sunny day with a dazzling, cloudless blue sky and the bluest sea you've ever seen.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 8:06 am
Next chapter awaits

HighCaper is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a wife that wants to go home to UK and although my situation is somewhat different to yours.... I want to go and I can't get over that feeling. ! I've been living in Durban, SA (my husband comes from Durban) for 4 years more than I was supposed to as my husband agreed to go live in UK with me in 2009. I'm even prepared to have a long distant marriage and see how it goes, we don't have children though.

I'm sorry your getting nagged by your wife but I can tell you that it won't stop and also that my husband gets nagged too !
Old Sep 30th 2013, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeeWillo
....and a day doesn't go by without her telling me about it. Is anyone else in a similar situation? How do you deal with it?

PS. I don't!
I have been in exactly the same situation for 7 years or so. My wife wanted to come to Australia, so we did but within 18 months or so she found that she missed her parents. This has built up over the years to the extent that she is unhappy and it has been a constant source of discussion. Unfortunately, I love it here and my job/quality of life is so much better. Our kids are also really happy and settled.

Unfortunately it has led to us separating - she simply felt that I did not love her enough to go home. Possibly that's true. It's not the only reason we've separated but it was the major one.

I can't offer any real advice as you are in a no win situation. I guess the only thing to consider is how badly your wife is affected and could it lead to major difficulties in your marriage? I didn't really think it would come to this so perhaps be aware how it can turn out.

Good luck !
Col
Old Sep 30th 2013, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haggis supper
I can't offer any real advice as you are in a no win situation. I guess the only thing to consider is how badly your wife is affected and could it lead to major difficulties in your marriage? I didn't really think it would come to this so perhaps be aware how it can turn out.

Good luck !
Col
Good advice. I will certainly take that on board.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

My mum nagged my Dad for years and years, she also made my brother and I very unsettled and we often talk about it as it really did upset us as children. Fortunately I am a lot older than my brother so when we came to Aus I did my own thing. Did not stop mum though, she made my brother's life a misery, because Dad would return. She went back to live for a couple of years took my brother and my brother told me it was the worst years of his life, living with elderly grandparents, very miserable and they picked on him and said he was not as good as the other grandchildren etc. etc. Dad stuck to his guns and mum came back, she returned once more on her own lasted 9 months and came back. When they retired they headed off for a three month trip and came back within 3 weeks. Unbelievable wasting life chasing something that is not there in my view. Life is for living now not in the past or the future. Think of the kids where are they happy they are not a part of any of this.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeeWillo
....and a day doesn't go by without her telling me about it. Is anyone else in a similar situation? How do you deal with it?

PS. I don't!
More important what do you want to do?

If you agree, why are you still here?

If you don't, why is she still here?

Simples