Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My Wife is Pregnant - what's gonna happen?

My Wife is Pregnant - what's gonna happen?

Old Apr 27th 2007, 3:46 pm
What am I doing??!!

naifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nice
Default My Wife is Pregnant - medical advise please

my wife and i are due to emigrate to melbourne at the end of may.

after i accepted the job we found out she was pregnant.

i will be on a 457 visa but she wont because she cannot take the required xray due to her condition. once she has given birth she can then change her visa.

we are concerned about the cost of health care for her as far as midwife appointments, checkups, any emergency treatment required due to pregnancy and eventual giving birth.

we have emailed medicare a few times and they just keep sending a pdf about the international agreement between uk and oz, which has no details relating specifically to pregnancy at all on it. i have asked our current uk doctor and midwife and they are clueless. i have also asked my employer in oz if they can find out some details and they arent able to help.

we would like to try and find out what will be covered and what wont and how much we need to be concerned about as far as paying for any treatment and the birth is concerned.

we are quite worried as i am sure you can understand.

any help much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by naifyboy; Apr 27th 2007 at 4:29 pm. Reason: incorrect title
Old Apr 27th 2007, 4:20 pm

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My Wife is Pregnant - what's gonna happen?

she's gonna have a baby mate
Old Apr 27th 2007, 4:22 pm
What am I doing??!!

naifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nice

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
real helpful mate!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

Originally Posted by naifyboy

i will be on a 457 visa but she wont because she cannot take the required xray due to her condition. once she has given birth she can then change her visa.

we are concerned about the cost of health care for her as far as midwife appointments, checkups, any emergency treatment required due to pregnancy and eventual giving birth.

we have emailed medicare a few times and they just keep sending a pdf about the international agreement between uk and oz, which has no details relating specifically to pregnancy at all on it. i have asked our current uk doctor and midwife and they are clueless. i have also asked my employer in oz if they can find out some details and they arent able to help.

we would like to try and find out what will be covered and what wont and how much we need to be concerned about as far as paying for any treatment and the birth is concerned.

Thanks in advance.
Carnt be much help but I was thinking under the 457 visa you dont get much Medicare treatment included especially maternity costs(except for the recipricol arrangement) my brother has just gone on a 457 and had to take out insurance when he got there. I think though you should be entitled to the baby bonus. Sorry we are going for PR visa and the circumstances are very different. Best advice is to go onto the DIMA website and look up pregnancy
good luck and congratulations!!!! just had our baby boy and ....nervously awaiting the medicals!!! On the medical chest x ray it is possible to get the xray done when pregnant but not in the early stages of pregnancy in later stages they will shield off the baby with a lead sheet.

Spear
Old Apr 27th 2007, 4:27 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Just what I was thinking
Old Apr 27th 2007, 4:27 pm
What am I doing??!!

Originally Posted by Speargun
Carnt be much help but I was thinking under the 457 visa you dont get much Medicare treatment included especially maternity costs(except for the recipricol arrangement) my brother has just gone on a 457 and had to take out insurance when he got there. I think though you should be entitled to the baby bonus. Sorry we are going for PR visa and the circumstances are very different. Best advice is to go onto the DIMA website and look up pregnancy
good luck and congratulations!!!! just had our baby boy and ....nervously awaiting the medicals!!! On the medical chest x ray it is possible to get the xray done when pregnant but not in the early stages of pregnancy in later stages they will shield off the baby with a lead sheet.

Spear
thanks spear - do you have the DIMA web address?
Old Apr 27th 2007, 4:29 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance.
Congratulations to you and your wife
Would it be possible for you to take out private insurance? Would your company pay?
Old Apr 27th 2007, 4:32 pm
What am I doing??!!

Originally Posted by Kapri
Congratulations to you and your wife
Would it be possible for you to take out private insurance? Would your company pay?
i have been told that the company private medical cannot be used for pregnancy as there is a 12 month notice period for pregnancy. crazy hey!

last time i looked i didnt marry an elephant! although some may disagree.

Last edited by naifyboy; Apr 27th 2007 at 4:33 pm. Reason: error
Old Apr 27th 2007, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of

sorry, know that's of no help whatsoever.

Congratulations - I hope you sort something out
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:19 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Towels ..we need towels .... and hot water ...
we need more hot water ... and vodka....
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:43 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Going to get the best boobs of her life.. and you wont be allowed to touch them
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: My Wife is Pregnant - medical advise please

Thanks in advance.
have you called an agent in the UK to find out what the best way forward is?
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

daisylilymum is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratualtions x
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:35 pm

Ruby slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

Your going to have to be brave for a LOOOOOONNNNGGGG time...take the pain of nails passing through your skin...take the blame IT IS ALL YOUR FAULT...she will let you near her again...half a glass of wine usually gets you plastered after childbirth....you won't sleep for about....ooo....9 years ...but you will smile, cry tears of joy, laugh, be loved for being you, worry, laugh again, cry again....and suddenly wonder where 9 years has gone! Enjoy and take loads of videos and photos...good luck...ring an agent for free, they will advise - they want your cash!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:45 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Your'e going to think a little bit more about the title of your threads before you post them

you left yourself wide open for a lot of good natured teasing there

congratulations do a thread search its come up before

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.