Reload this Page >

My turn to ask for help, please

My turn to ask for help, please

Old Jan 18th 2005, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Sungold is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My turn to ask for help, please

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Please, please could someone help me find tinned chestnuts - NOT WATER CHESTNUTS, In Perth or anywhere for that matter that will ship them to me. The ones that go in Pork and Chestnut stuffing, the kind that grow on trees and are sweet that you have on bonfire night.

I used to buy them from Waitrose and Safeway in the UK. I'm not missing them desperately or anything, but it would be really nice to find them for my roast dinner, makes a good stuffing fantastic (ooo-eerrr Mrs )

Anyones help would be most appreciated. I have looked all over Perth and the net and have drawn a blank.

I'll pay hansomely!!!

Yours in anticipation

Jill
I made a great pork and chestnut stuffing with chestnut puree for our turkey this Xmas and I have to say I think it was actually better than the turkey although that was very good as it was a free range Norfolk Bronze.

When I get to Oz I'm looking forward to having some great roast lamb as it is one of my favourite meals - love the skin mmmmm - even if it is not very PC (according to one of the replies to this post?).

But I'm also big into BBQs so I guess I'll fit in OK

Steve