Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My stuff has gone!!

My stuff has gone!!

Old Dec 11th 2003, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default My stuff has gone!!

Well at 3.30 today my Husband signed the form and our container is now winging its way to Brissie. At last I can sit back relax and do nothing for 3 weeks befre we wait. For the first time in weeks I feel happy and excited NO MORE STRESS FOR ME!!!

I just don't want to go through the goodbyes, but it will be a means to an end.

Last day at work tomorrow, which will be hard. I already started crying today, but I will keep in touch with the firends that I have here. I had a lump in my throat when the kids started saying 'we will miss you Miss when you go to Australia' I will have to try and be strong tomorrow, just hold myself together in front of my class, I just hope the Head doesn't do a goodbye to me in assembly - that will be the end of me.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck tomorrow Tina i hope it goes smoothly and they haven`t planned to many surprises for you!!

Won`t be long before you are in Brisbane the three weeks will fly by especially with Xmas in the middle.

Enjoy the rest from the stress.

footie chick
Old Dec 11th 2003, 3:43 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Bet you never thought you would get there!

An idea for the tears tomorrow - take a huge bunch of flowers (even better get someone to send you a huge bunch of flowers! ) to work and then claim a severe attack of hayfever when your eyes start watering!

And try and remember the times when you would have cheerfully strangled some of the kids you have taught and that might make you feel less sad to be leaving them!
Old Dec 11th 2003, 3:52 pm
UK to NZ to Canada

TiggerLottie will become famous soon enough

well i'm pleased everything went well for ya, good luck tomorrow, Hope all goes smoothly

Just imagine them all as vegatables...ya know carrots sprouts etc, well ya cant do the underwear one, might get arrested, well you could do that for your co-workers, i know your supposed to do this trick when your scared or nervous but dam im sure imagining your headteacher will scare the hell outta ya :scared:

Heehee
lottie
Old Dec 11th 2003, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

stefian is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck for tomorrow.

Hope to see you at one of the Brisbane meetings - whenever we get there.

Stef x
Old Dec 11th 2003, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

The very best of luck for tommorrow.
If you are anything like me you will cry as soon as you start saying goodbye.
Its natural.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of
Default Re: My stuff has gone!!

Originally posted by tinaj

Last day at work tomorrow, which will be hard. I ... just hold myself together in front of my class, I just hope the Head doesn't do a goodbye to me in assembly - that will be the end of me.
Last day as a teacher? AND leaving the country??

Oh the tempatation to treat some of them as they deserve and to be honest to some of the little sproglets and their parents!!!
Old Dec 11th 2003, 6:56 pm
WBB

Originally posted by CHnJ
Last day as a teacher? AND leaving the country??

Oh the tempatation to treat some of them as they deserve and to be honest to some of the little sproglets and their parents!!!
lol, some of them probably need a good slap.

good luck tina

Old Dec 11th 2003, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Well at 3.30 today my Husband signed the form and our container is now winging its way to Brissie. At last I can sit back relax and do nothing for 3 weeks befre we wait. For the first time in weeks I feel happy and excited NO MORE STRESS FOR ME!!!

Last day at work tomorrow, which will be hard. I already started crying today, but I will keep in touch with the firends that I have here. I had a lump in my throat when the kids started saying 'we will miss you Miss when you go to Australia' I will have to try and be strong tomorrow, just hold myself together in front of my class, I just hope the Head doesn't do a goodbye to me in assembly - that will be the end of me.
Hi hunny
glad that everything has gone, now your'e on your way! i said to somene last week, say your goodbyes and cry then get on that plane and don't look back mate,
enjoy every minute of it hunny
love rach, mark and chanelle
Old Dec 11th 2003, 8:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Tina; hope the goodbyes go OK and the lovely kiddiewinkies bring you lots of lovely pressies!!

Glad to hear you've got to the happy and excited stage - after all you can't do any more now except sit back and enjoy!
Old Dec 11th 2003, 8:21 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

I don't want to say this to you, but if your school is anything like mine they will do a goodbye for you. If they do and it upsets you, they will remember you as being a good teacher and as being human. Best of luck, don't forget your Kleenex.

Sarah
Old Dec 11th 2003, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Good luck Tina - I'm sure tomorrow will be a day that you remember fondly when you are lying in the sun on the other side
Old Dec 11th 2003, 9:34 pm
will be there soon!!!!!

debs&tim is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tina
Good luck for tomorrow.
After that you can really chill out!!!!!
See you at Easter.
Debs