Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

my story so far.........

my story so far.........

Old Jan 5th 2005, 2:02 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default my story so far.........

Firstly I would like to give my apologies for not being able to make it to the Leeds xmas meet and also for not responding much to my PM's and stuff. I havent been able to get on line much as totally hectic here So please dont take it personally if i dont know much about whats going on in here or dont reply straight away......

As some of you may or may not know my partner JC,and I are heading for Melbourne on a 457 visa, due to a job offer!

As some of you were asking here's the story so far.....

Well Montu seems to be sorted, we are using Golden Arrow shippers, who have qouted £1750, cant decide wether to send her before or after us tho as we are planning a 2night stop off at Hong Kong or somewhere......her permit has been applied for and hopefully should be here soon. Next thing i need to do is take her for a kennel cough injection (which is recommended but not neccesarry) and get her blood tests done, then Golden arrow sorts out the rest...........

The house is a total bombsite, and this is by far the worst thing so far, its causing me soo much stress, and i feel like i am getting no where fast! We are flying over 7 boxes of our stuff, personal belongings such as the pc, books, cd's, high fi, dvd player,tent,kitchen stuff,hoover and linen....and we are selling all of our furniture. (or at least trying too)

We have decided not to sell the house but we are renting it out through an agency who guarentee your monthly rent and manage the whole thing for you, all i have to do is hand over my keys and forget about the place, they agree an amount and pay it to you monthly into your bank account, and they sub let it. i am happy to give out the number of this company if anyone needs it, just PM me.

Sorting out the house has proved a nightmare, I cannot believe how much clutter and junk i own.....teddies being the worst culprates.....emptied the attic yesturday and got 5 massive boxes of car boot stuff, which i am dreading having to sell...........and thats just the attic so far!

I am sat now amongst boxes and junkk and cant find a thing. As for selling the furniture, this is proving difficult, all of my nice stuff, and im selling it all for a pittence, everyone wants everything, but they dont want to pay for it! (especalliy family) So i am moving out on sat and still have a sofa and dining table to sell!! aggrrhh!

My emotions - At the moment I feel like i dont want to go, I am scared stiff, and after all of the tradgedy of the last 2 months of last year, i am questioning if i am doing the right thing, and wondering "should i be staying here with my family and friends"?? I am feeling very depressed, and havent even had time to stop and think and get excited.............

Once i get there, I know that i will be fine and i have wanted this for ages so i must give it a go, but its just so strange to actually know you are going and it makes you think loads about the life you are leaving behind

We have booked our leaving party for 29th Jan, so if any of you guys from the expo fancy a trip to Darlington,just PM me and ill give you the details.

I have tried to disconnect ntl telephone and broadband (mission impossible) i have even cancelled my direct debit, called them up and wrote to them, and nothing...so i am just going to cut the telephone wires when i leave!!! And still they keepon billing me - What is a women to do?

Same with sky, i called them and they said to write in - so i did and heard nothing, the sky is still on and they have sent me a bill today asking why i have cancelled the direct debit and that they will charge me an extra £4???? What is going on???

I just Cant wait to get all moved out of here and into JC dads, and i can just relax and get excited about going....and stop thinking about what to do next.

This is a very scarey rollercoster ride, and I just want to say thank you to everyone who has supported me on this site, dont know what i would of done without it, and i cant wait to see you all in Melbourne.......4th Feb!

Happy New year

laura
xxxx
Old Jan 5th 2005, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: my story so far.........

Hiya babe,thought you must be busy,my heart goes out to you hun, this has all happened a bit quick hasnt it
I know what you mean about family they expect to get things for nothing, but they must realise that youve got to buy it all again when you get there.
Its good that you have a few weeks with your inlaws to hopefully recover a little bit before you fly out,i know its been a very emotional time for you, and we ve been thinking about you hun,but it much make you realise that life is worth living to the full,and if you get an oppertunity you must take it,even if it doesnt work(which i m sure it will),at least you ll know, rather than wondering what if
Would luv to come to your leaving party,hey you were supposed to come to mine!,lol,oh well we ll just have to have one of our own when we get to brissy,i m sure you could come over for a holiday,that would be fun
i ll see what gary says about coming on the 29th,its a long way for us but maybe we could work something out,i ll let you know.
Just started sorting yhe house out myself ready to sell,its difficult to know where to start isant it,but at least we ve got a bit longer to do it than you guys.
Say hi to jc for us and i hope he gets on really great in his new job,(then you can be a lady of liesure),lol, only joking,hun.
Dont get to stressed out hun,in a months time this part of your journey will be over and your new life can begin.
Its seems a long time ago now since expo, sorry you couldnt come to the leeds meet,be we all understood that you had a lot on your plate,it ll be good to give you a good send off.
Phone us if you want a chat,we re usually here in the evening.

Oh well gonna go now and finish taking down the xmas decs,
speak to you soon, our thoughts are with you both, tracey.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 2:40 pm

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scissors
Hiya babe,thought you must be busy,my heart goes out to you hun, this has all happened a bit quick hasnt it
I know what you mean about family they expect to get things for nothing, but they must realise that youve got to buy it all again when you get there.
Its good that you have a few weeks with your inlaws to hopefully recover a little bit before you fly out,i know its been a very emotional time for you, and we ve been thinking about you hun,but it much make you realise that life is worth living to the full,and if you get an oppertunity you must take it,even if it doesnt work(which i m sure it will),at least you ll know, rather than wondering what if
Would luv to come to your leaving party,hey you were supposed to come to mine!,lol,oh well we ll just have to have one of our own when we get to brissy,i m sure you could come over for a holiday,that would be fun
i ll see what gary says about coming on the 29th,its a long way for us but maybe we could work something out,i ll let you know.
Just started sorting yhe house out myself ready to sell,its difficult to know where to start isant it,but at least we ve got a bit longer to do it than you guys.
Say hi to jc for us and i hope he gets on really great in his new job,(then you can be a lady of liesure),lol, only joking,hun.
Dont get to stressed out hun,in a months time this part of your journey will be over and your new life can begin.
Its seems a long time ago now since expo, sorry you couldnt come to the leeds meet,be we all understood that you had a lot on your plate,it ll be good to give you a good send off.
Phone us if you want a chat,we re usually here in the evening.

Oh well gonna go now and finish taking down the xmas decs,
speak to you soon, our thoughts are with you both, tracey.

thanks tracey

keep in touch, would be great to c you if you can make it on 29th. If not or even if you do, we are planning to go to brissy in july/aug for a holiday so we will come and visit you both, you can do us a barbie, and remember you are more than welcome to come to melbourne anytime....

good luck with stuff,let me know how you go

laura
xxx
Old Jan 5th 2005, 2:45 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
thanks tracey

keep in touch, would be great to c you if you can make it on 29th. If not or even if you do, we are planning to go to brissy in july/aug for a holiday so we will come and visit you both, you can do us a barbie, and remember you are more than welcome to come to melbourne anytime....

laura
xxx

Laura, whenever you wonder if you're doing the right thing, think back to less than a couple of months ago, when your future looked as though it was in the UK, how desperate and depressed you felt.

Well you've got it now and you are going to be just fine.

Look after yourself. Sam

Old Jan 5th 2005, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Laura, whenever you wonder if you're doing the right thing, think back to less than a couple of months ago, when your future looked as though it was in the UK, how desperate and depressed you felt.

Well you've got it now and you are going to be just fine.

Look after yourself. Sam

yea, all i wanted was a visa..... now i got one! Yes i know i am very lucky, the days i longed to be writing an "i got it" post on here....

Hows things with you sam, any more news?
Hope you had a good xmas.

laura
xxx
Old Jan 5th 2005, 3:09 pm
Professional Princess

yea, all i wanted was a visa..... now i got one! Yes i know i am very lucky, the days i longed to be writing an "i got it" post on here....

Hows things with you sam, any more news?
Hope you had a good xmas.

laura
xxx

Still working hard on our stuff.

Hubbys employer is big in Australia, quite a big company.

but its knowing the procedure, his employer isnt sure how to sponsor someone.

God Im tired.

Laura, are you going to carry on with your training in Australia?

Old Jan 5th 2005, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

That would be great, we should be there by then, we ll def have a barby together with a lot of our other friends from expats.

It would be good to visit melbourne.you could show us around all your new watering holes

Hopefully we ll be able to get together before then, i ll have to work on it

tracey

Hi sam, how ya doin hun
thanks tracey

laura
xxx
Old Jan 5th 2005, 3:18 pm

yes, all sounds good. Im getting excited now,supposed to be packing up the pc etc... cant bear to un plug it tho!!!

sam,

can they not employ a migration agent to sort it out for you? Or can they do some sort of company transfer for you, like secondment? it must be so frustrating, its so bloody black and white isnt it?

Sure you will come up with something soon, keep me posted, ill be thinking about you both, with everything x'dfor you...

good luck

laura
xxxx
Old Jan 5th 2005, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

kirsten is an unknown quantity at this point

Laura, I feel like a kindred spirit with you at the moment as I am at a similar point in the whole process and am feeling very stressed out, upset, sick all the time.........etc etc etc

we are flying out on the 16th and our leaving party is this saturday (which i am absolutely petrified about). PSS are coming in on Monday for 3 days to pack all our stuff. I havent even started trying to put the house in some sort of order for them coz it all looks so daunting (cant even look at the insurance forms!!!!).
We are also using Golden Arrow to send our dog and they have been great so far. wished we had called them ages ago though as we were going to send him DIY but it is SO complicated and now we are running out of time.
Also having the same problem with Sky, they really like to squeeze plenty of money out of you dont they?

Anyway, just thought i would say 'i know how you feel' (and let a bit of steam off myself!) but it wont be long now and we will soon be excited making future plans once we finally get there!!

Kirsteb
Old Jan 5th 2005, 3:22 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Laura

Wow, it's all getting a bit too real now, isn't it!!!?

Have PM'd you

D D
Old Jan 5th 2005, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hey you must pack your computer up at the last minute,and give us a blow by blow account of what your up to,with wine in hand of course and we ll have one with you ,lol,

Well it looks like you and kirsten are at the same stage,i know it probably doesnt seem like it at the momment,but you llluuuccckkkyy things...how many people on here would love to be at this stage.OOOPPPPSSS might not be saying the same thing when its our turn...then you can say told you soooo....

Put the music on(if you havent already packed it),have a drink and then do your packing,,it wont seem half so bad then...lol.

But dont blame me if everything you dont want gets packed to take and everythibg you do want gets left behind will you...lol...

tracey.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 4:05 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

God I am getting nervous for you just thinking about it all!!!

Keep calm and relax when you get there - it will take time to get used to a new country and homesickness is inevitable - just work through it.

Good luck Laura - and keep us all posted!

Lynn x
Old Jan 5th 2005, 4:26 pm

kirsten,

oh its soo good that someone knows how i feel at the moment, as friends all just call me a lucky bugga and dont understand my emotions (i'm crying at anything) JC is all raringt o go,he couldnt care less about the packing and is not worried about montu as he thinks she will be fine.........wish i was like him.

Everything is a worry to me at the moment, just wanna fast forward and be there......yes think i need more than wine anyway, should be all sorted by this time on monday, then its feet up for me, and i can truely get excited!

Where are you headin for then kirsten? you must keep in touch with me and let me know how the doggie is.............

goodluck, and dont worry im right behind you!

Dolly D, hurry up and get out there, as i will be waiting for you.....

tracy, yes, c u soon chuck

laura
xxxx
Old Jan 5th 2005, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
God I am getting nervous for you just thinking about it all!!!

Keep calm and relax when you get there - it will take time to get used to a new country and homesickness is inevitable - just work through it.

Good luck Laura - and keep us all posted!

Lynn x

cheers lyn, where is the avatar gone?

laura
xx
Old Jan 5th 2005, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

hi laura, tried to pm you but youre messages are full
Trish
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.