Wikiposts

My sons visa

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute
Default My sons visa

hooray, oh the stress, my 23 old has got his visa eventually, it was not straightforward, he is bringing his girlfreind, so they had to prove defacto.
Because they lived with us and then Kerrys parents , they did not have evidence of dometic bills, so they had to gather lots of evidence to say they had been living together.
I had to get a sworn declaration this end and fax it to the case officer.
Kerrys mum had to do sworn declaration, they had proof of hols they had been on, invitations from friends , letters that had been sent to them, what a nightmare it has been.
I paid the first instalment of his fees 7,700 dollars, so i was panicking , anyway they got there VISAS today, they rang me at 1 this morning. phew the relief, 5 here 1 to go. Happy day for me. hope you all have a good day, you lot who are waiting for your visas, it will happen. Denise
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My sons visa

Originally Posted by cranni
hooray, oh the stress, my 23 old has got his visa eventually, it was not straightforward, he is bringing his girlfreind, so they had to prove defacto.
Because they lived with us and then Kerrys parents , they did not have evidence of dometic bills, so they had to gather lots of evidence to say they had been living together.
Kerrys mum had to do sworn declaration, they had proof of hols they had been on, invitations from friends , letters that had been sent to them, what a nightmare it has been.
I paid the first instalment of his fees 7,700 dollars, so i was panicking , anyway they got there VISAS today, they rang me at 1 this morning. phew the relief, 5 here 1 to go. Happy day for me. hope you all have a good day, you lot who are waiting for your visas, it will happen. Denise
BY THE WAY, THEY ARE COMNG ON A 2 YEAR STUDENT VISA. AND GUESS WHOS PAYING THE FEES.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 10:53 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

BY THE WAY, THEY ARE COMNG ON A 2 YEAR STUDENT VISA. AND GUESS WHOS PAYING THE FEES.

Now that's what I call motherly love!

Congratulations on your news Cranni !
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Congratulations Denise! I'm really pleased for you!

I haven't heard anything yet but at least this gives me hope!!! Only got 38 days left!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
Congratulations Denise! I'm really pleased for you!

I haven't heard anything yet but at least this gives me hope!!! Only got 38 days left!!!
It will happen, Kerry rang me up Monday stressed out, wanting to ring the case officer, i told her to just leave it now, we have sent so much info. It will just drop through the door in the next few days.
She rang me at 1 this morning screaming. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I knew straight away.
It will happen for you too. Just relax and enjoy your homeland before you leave. If you have children show them as many places as you can, in their own country. We did, and it passes the time, instead of sitting and waiting.I know it so well. nice song that! Denise
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

It will happen, Kerry rang me up Monday stressed out, wanting to ring the case officer, i told her to just leave it now, we have sent so much info. It will just drop through the door in the next few days.
She rang me at 1 this morning screaming. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I knew straight away.
It will happen for you too. Just relax and enjoy your homeland before you leave. If you have children show them as many places as you can, in their own country. We did, and it passes the time, instead of sitting and waiting.I know it so well. nice song that! Denise
Thanks for that advice, I'll take them to Morecambe tomorrow!!! LOL!
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
Thanks for that advice, I'll take them to Morecambe tomorrow!!! LOL!
yes tomorrow, there are going to be blizzards, oh the view across Morecambe bay , breathtaking. lol nice one
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

I am trying to convince my 16 year old to stay here long enought to get the citizenship before he heads off to travel the world or be with his girlfriend. He just hasn't a clue about how difficult it could be for him to change his mind and want to come back here later if he heads off prematurely. Unfortunatley he is not really very good with reality at the moment . He is slowly coming around to the idea that maybe he could go to Uni here and then that would see him through to getting the passport so that he could come back whenever he wants. SO fingers crossed that we will get there I don't fancy having to pay a fortune in fees if and when he decides that coming to OZ wasn't such a bad idea afterall
Good luck and I hope that your son and his girlfriend enjoy their time here.
Nicky
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:35 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

potted shrimps and lewis's ice cream - memories of home (from Carnforth)
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by northernbird
potted shrimps and lewis's ice cream - memories of home (from Carnforth)
OMG Carnforth, my hubby is from Carnforth originally, then lived in Heysham. I lived in Lancaster until i was 11, then Australia til 15, Bare until 1998 then Heysham, David went to Our Ladies. And before we met he spent most of his days in The Dickens Inn . I worked at the George Hotel , then AXA. how long have you been here, we have been here 12 months on the 7 th Dec. Denise
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by NickyP
I am trying to convince my 16 year old to stay here long enought to get the citizenship before he heads off to travel the world or be with his girlfriend. He just hasn't a clue about how difficult it could be for him to change his mind and want to come back here later if he heads off prematurely. Unfortunatley he is not really very good with reality at the moment . He is slowly coming around to the idea that maybe he could go to Uni here and then that would see him through to getting the passport so that he could come back whenever he wants. SO fingers crossed that we will get there I don't fancy having to pay a fortune in fees if and when he decides that coming to OZ wasn't such a bad idea afterall
Good luck and I hope that your son and his girlfriend enjoy their time here.
Nicky
16, bad age.
My daughter was 17 when we was going through immigration, she would NOT go on the visa. awkward little buggar.
Then when we came with the 3 little ones, she got a shock , she thought we would not do it. Well i did, and 6 months later she wanted to be with us, it cost me 4,ooo dollars to get her on a course at TAFE [college]. Now i have applied for PR for her as child dependant, she is 19 now, and loves it here, she is havng a ball. They cannot see any further than their nose. And think their friends cant cope without them[well she did] . Good luck to you ,Denise
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

16, bad age.
My daughter was 17 when we was going through immigration, she would NOT go on the visa. awkward little buggar.
Then when we came with the 3 little ones, she got a shock , she thought we would not do it. Well i did, and 6 months later she wanted to be with us, it cost me 4,ooo dollars to get her on a course at TAFE [college]. Now i have applied for PR for her as child dependant, she is 19 now, and loves it here, she is havng a ball. They cannot see any further than their nose. And think their friends cant cope without them[well she did] . Good luck to you ,Denise
Thanks we went through the not coming stage but I probably got off a bit easier with a boy as he does still go for the path of least resistance most of the time. None of the family would offer to have him stay with them in the UK and the girlfriend is in Belgium anyway which is impossible for us to sort out. He is wearing blinkers most of the time but if I avoid head on conflict he pretty well always comes around in the end much to hubby's amazement.
Fingers crossed that he sticks to the current plan of hanging around to finish Uni then it is up to him.
Good luck with yours I am sure that when the 2 girls get to this age we will have far worse problems .
Nicky