Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My sister is dying!

Wikiposts

My sister is dying!

Old Nov 30th 2005, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future
Default Re: My sister is dying!

I'm so sorry to hear about what is happening to your sister. I wish you all the strength and courage in the world to get you through this distressing time.

Take care. Sending a hug
Ali
Old Nov 30th 2005, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

so Sorry Nicola,

can't think of anything to say, just want to tell you that my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 3:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Rangersman
Found out yesterday that my sister went into the hospice on Sunday and that she is not expected to live beyond the weekend, my mum and her husband are with her, (she is in Canberra) I went to see her 7 weeks ago and had a couple of nights with her.

It just seems so surreal that this is actually happening, some times the pain inside is so intense, I don't know what to do with it. I actually think its worse than having a physical pain cause you can't take a pain-killer and make it better.

She is only 18 months younger than me, I don't think I can quite believe it's happening she is just too young, and she has suffered so much.

What is strange is that our dad died 3 years ago this month.

Not much else to say, if I think about it all too much I get too upset.

I am really fortunate that the ward I'm working on is really caring and are being really supportive. I want to continue t work as much as possible too much time at home on my own makes me worse.

Sometimes I just want to go to sleep and wake up when its all over, I'm so dreading that phone call. :scared:

Nicola
If it's ok with you I will include you and your family in my prayers.

Edwina x
Old Nov 30th 2005, 4:04 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so very sorry, my thoughts are with you.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

Silky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of light

So sorry to read your sad news, sending you and yours love, light & healing.

Sara
Old Nov 30th 2005, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Words always fail me in these situations as I know that none can take away the pain . My thoughts are with you and your family. Stay strong.xxx
TJ
Old Nov 30th 2005, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Found out yesterday that my sister went into the hospice on Sunday and that she is not expected to live beyond the weekend, my mum and her husband are with her, (she is in Canberra) I went to see her 7 weeks ago and had a couple of nights with her.

It just seems so surreal that this is actually happening, some times the pain inside is so intense, I don't know what to do with it. I actually think its worse than having a physical pain cause you can't take a pain-killer and make it better.

She is only 18 months younger than me, I don't think I can quite believe it's happening she is just too young, and she has suffered so much.

I am really fortunate that the ward I'm working on is really caring and are being really supportive. I want to continue t work as much as possible too much time at home on my own makes me worse.

Sometimes I just want to go to sleep and wake up when its all over, I'm so dreading that phone call. :scared:

Nicola
not much anyone can say except that we are sorry and that we're thinking about you niclola.

debbie
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by eddie007
If it's ok with you I will include you and your family in my prayers.

Edwina x
Thank you that would be more than ok, the more prayers the better.

Nicola
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:25 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you that would be more than ok, the more prayers the better.

Nicola
so sorry to hear your news Nicola our thoughts are also with you
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:16 am
Just Joined

melb is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Nicola,

My prayers and thoughts are with you at such an awful time. I do know how you are feeling it was my birthday only 3 weeks ago when my mum passed away, she had been suffering with cancer, which we all thought was treatable, the shock at the loss is still so raw. Some kind person has said some lovely words of comfort that when the if only's and grief passes and in time it will, the powerful memories of love replace it.

Apparently the pain gets easier as the passing of time helps you cope.

Much much love to all your family. Mel

Nicola
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

Hi Nicola
prayers for you and your sister tonight
take care love ireland