Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My sister is dying!

Wikiposts

My sister is dying!

Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy My sister is dying!

Found out yesterday that my sister went into the hospice on Sunday and that she is not expected to live beyond the weekend, my mum and her husband are with her, (she is in Canberra) I went to see her 7 weeks ago and had a couple of nights with her.

It just seems so surreal that this is actually happening, some times the pain inside is so intense, I don't know what to do with it. I actually think its worse than having a physical pain cause you can't take a pain-killer and make it better.

She is only 18 months younger than me, I don't think I can quite believe it's happening she is just too young, and she has suffered so much.

What is strange is that our dad died 3 years ago this month.

Not much else to say, if I think about it all too much I get too upset.

I am really fortunate that the ward I'm working on is really caring and are being really supportive. I want to continue t work as much as possible too much time at home on my own makes me worse.

Sometimes I just want to go to sleep and wake up when its all over, I'm so dreading that phone call. :scared:

Nicola
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:52 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My sister is dying!

Oh Nicola,
I'm so sorry about your sister.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you all.
Julie.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:55 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Just wanted to say my thoughts and prayers are with you, your sister and all her family at this time.

Paul.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:55 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

so sorry to hear that Nicola, must be heartwrenching for you.
My thoughts are with you, take care
H
xx
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:57 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

nicola, god bless and take care of yourself and your family honey.
i wish i could give you a hug...........
xx
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:01 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

bloody hell, Nicola. That's awful news. Im thinking of you and despite some
threads last week, you are not alone and will get a great deal of suppport here. Dont know what else to say.

Lucy
xx
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
nicola, god bless and take care of yourself and your family honey.
i wish i could give you a hug...........
xx
Thats what Ireally miss from my friends, only been here 2 months so not the same as if I was a t home this is when I want to be home and be with familiarity and my friends that know me.

I can't even begin to imagine how my sister must be feeling at the age of 40 you don't expect this.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:08 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Rangersman
Thats what Ireally miss from my friends, only been here 2 months so not the same as if I was a t home this is when I want to be home and be with familiarity and my friends that know me.

I can't even begin to imagine how my sister must be feeling at the age of 40 you don't expect this.
so sorry honey. at the 2 months mark, missing relatives and friends is hard enough (not that i know as i havent been through it yet, but have read enough to acknowledge this).

i am nearly 40, and the thought of what your sister is going through at the moment is mortifying.

i wish i was over in australia, and i would try to get over to you and give you the hug you so obviously need.

what can i say? there's only 17 months difference between my sister and myself, so i know where you are coming from.........

take care
xx
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Found out yesterday that my sister went into the hospice on Sunday and that she is not expected to live beyond the weekend, my mum and her husband are with her, (she is in Canberra) I went to see her 7 weeks ago and had a couple of nights with her.

It just seems so surreal that this is actually happening, some times the pain inside is so intense, I don't know what to do with it. I actually think its worse than having a physical pain cause you can't take a pain-killer and make it better.

She is only 18 months younger than me, I don't think I can quite believe it's happening she is just too young, and she has suffered so much.

I am really fortunate that the ward I'm working on is really caring and are being really supportive. I want to continue t work as much as possible too much time at home on my own makes me worse.

Sometimes I just want to go to sleep and wake up when its all over, I'm so dreading that phone call. :scared:

Nicola
I am so sorry to hear about your Sister. I lost my Mum last year at the age of 51, she was more like a sister to me, we went everywhere together.

Although I miss her incredibly I know that she was in lots of pain and didn't want to carry on anymore, so for this I am thankful.

I know people always say things will get better in time, this is not true you just learn to live with it and to accept it was for the best. There is no words to describe how much pain you feel having to watch them suffering. I know as I've been there myself. Please don't think you are alone as my thoughts and prayers are with you, as I'm sure are everyone else's who is on this site.

God bless you in your time of need and if you need any help or just a moan please let me know and I'll do what I can.

Regards

Wendy
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:12 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: My sister is dying!

Nicola
That's so grim - you have my sympathy, mate.

At least you've been able to see her; I wasn't able to see my grandfather when he died this year, as he was in Australia and I was in the UK.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future

Nicola
Its So sad to read this thread, must be absolutley awfull. Sending you a great big hug, and thinking of you. Dont really know what to say. xxx
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Nicola
Dear Nicola, really dont know what to say, just that we are all here for you, god bless, Denise
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:27 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Big hug for you (((((((((((( ))))))))))
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:35 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Nicola
Just want to say, I'm thinking of you.

A x
Old Nov 29th 2005, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

nicola,
thinking of you & sending you a big hug

((((((((((((((((((((((((( )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

sam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.