Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My shipping is being delivered - BUT!!!

My shipping is being delivered - BUT!!!

Old Feb 8th 2006, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

Gill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant future
Angry My shipping is being delivered - BUT!!!

My shipping is being delivered tomorrow, BUT I have to pay customs storage fees of $493.45 for a part container, it's more than the the customs and quarantine £394.35 as everything was ok. I have been told that I can try and claim the storage fees back from customs, after all it's their fault if they can't get the computer system right. Has anyone done this?

Last edited by Gill C; Feb 8th 2006 at 12:42 am.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My shipping is being delivered - BUT!!!

Gill,

Why do you have to pay customs storage fees? We have paid our immigration costs ($200 something) for part container, but have not heard of any other fees......

Stella
Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

Gill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bert'n'Stella
Gill,

Why do you have to pay customs storage fees? We have paid our immigration costs ($200 something) for part container, but have not heard of any other fees......

Stella
Overseas Packers & Shippers say that customs have charged a storage fee because of the back log.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute

That's a bit harsh! It's not your fault their backlogged!!! Our shipping company haven't mentioned anything to us about it - YET! It is stuck at Brisbane waiting for immigration to go through it... Hope you can claim it back from the shippers - is there anything in the contract about it?

Stella
Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Neil & Shell will become famous soon enough

That's a bit harsh! It's not your fault their backlogged!!! Our shipping company haven't mentioned anything to us about it - YET! It is stuck at Brisbane waiting for immigration to go through it... Hope you can claim it back from the shippers - is there anything in the contract about it?

Stella
We had to ring the agent here everyday to avoid storage fees. We were told our stuff arrived on 28 Dec 2005 but we never got it until late Jan 2006.

We did not pay any storage fees as the girl at the agents here marked our account but she said we would need to collect the stuff ASAP or we would incur fees each day!

We wish we hadn't bothered shipping our stuff. We ended up being without it for over 4 months.

We paid GBP328 in UK and about $400 in customs and AQIS fees in Australia - rip off!

In my opinion the fees are random and depend on who is checking the boxes.

Good luck to those still waiting for shipping!

Shell
Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

Stella
No there is nothing in the contract about it however, they sent me a copy of a notice from Australian Customs Service saying there would be extra costs if the shipping was held up by ACS, and that they would do all they could to get it from customs a.s.a.p. Overseas Packers & Shippers have not charged anything for storage while waiting for quarantine and customs inspection at their depot. The fees only apply to the time it was in the docks.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Something to do with this???

http://www.theage.com.au/news/busine...400306671.html
Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

When did your shipment arrive in Oz Gill? And when was it cleared by Customs?

Stella
Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:11 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gill C
My shipping is being delivered tomorrow, BUT I have to pay customs storage fees of $493.45 for a part container, it's more than the the customs and quarantine £394.35 as everything was ok. I have been told that I can try and claim the storage fees back from customs, after all it's their fault if they can't get the computer system right. Has anyone done this?
WHAT??? Mine stuff is delayed too because of their backlog. Wonder if I will get charged?

Good luck with getting ya dosh back.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Was just looking at our information from brokers here in Oz. Says 10 days free storage in their Bond Store then charges apply. I understood containers went to the bond stores prior to be inspected, so I have emailed them to ask about it. We might all get hit with this! It's a good money maker for Customs I guess - close for Christmas New Year, get backlogged, then charge everyone for the priviledge of waiting!!!!

Stella
Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

just been on to the agents, yes it is to do with the link you sent. They are sending me a claim form and 2 stat. decs. 1 to be filled by them, 1 to be filled by me and the email add. for the customs care line, which is a new thing that customs have set up because of this problem. Our agents have waived storage fees at their depot despite them having to hold onto shipments waiting for inspection. My stuff arrived on 7th Januaryand was in the docks for 6 WORKING DAYS and I was charged $493.45 for this despite some of these days not incurring fees!!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gill C
Hi Gill

We have also had to pay these extra charges. Our 40ft container was left on the wharf for 3 weeks and we had to pay Overseas Shippers $1900.

Like you everybody has said that shouldn't be our charge. Before we paid it we spoke to customs, PSS and Overseas Packers at length. We were told by customs that they had cleared our container but Overseas Packers were aadamantthat they did not have the release documents from customs.

We were ddesperatefor our things as we were renting furniture so in the end we had to pay the charges. We are currently in the process of claiming back our costs but I've no idea what will happen.

Lots of people have not been charged for storage which makes me feel that it is a con. Let me know how you get on.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by midlife crisis
Hi Gill

We have also had to pay these extra charges. Our 40ft container was left on the wharf for 3 weeks and we had to pay Overseas Shippers $1900.

Like you everybody has said that shouldn't be our charge. Before we paid it we spoke to customs, PSS and Overseas Packers at length. We were told by customs that they had cleared our container but Overseas Packers were aadamantthat they did not have the release documents from customs.

We were ddesperatefor our things as we were renting furniture so in the end we had to pay the charges. We are currently in the process of claiming back our costs but I've no idea what will happen.

Lots of people have not been charged for storage which makes me feel that it is a con. Let me know how you get on.
I certain will, and if you can keep me informed on you claim I would be very grateful
Old Feb 8th 2006, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by midlife crisis
Hi Gill

Must be a con, Our shipment sat in Adelaide for two months after arriving and we never paid a penny to customs.

Di
Old Feb 8th 2006, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by harveyhare
Must be a con, Our shipment sat in Adelaide for two months after arriving and we never paid a penny to customs.

Di
I think it's todo with the new computer system at Brisbane and something about a new dock being opened. It is possibly not affecting other ports in oz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.