Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My research on 7 seater passenger vehicles available in Australia

My research on 7 seater passenger vehicles available in Australia

Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My research on 7 seater passenger vehicles available in Australia

Thanks for all the new info, really interesting.

Perhaps will try the Prado again.

Do they guzzle loads more petrol than disesel when the aircon is on?
Old Nov 17th 2006, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

kt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Caroline B
I love our Zafira in the UK. I was hoping to get one in Oz. Only billy no-mates until the UK summer hols start! My hubby wanted to ship ours out, but as we may only be over for 2 years, I didn't think it was worth it -
Was your Zafira hard to find, and dare I ask how expensive it was???
Hi Caroline
I have still got my Zafira. We got it from a Holden garage along the golden mile in Marooka, Brisbane. It was 15 months' old and had only done 7000 miles (yes I did believe them ) as it had been a company car at Holden's in Victoria. We paid 24000 dollars for it but it was in an excellent condition. The garage said that they are not popular with Australians but when they get one in stock it is always someone from Europe that buys it. I had a diesel version in the UK but there are only petrol versions here.

I don't think that they are sold here as a current model anymore. It's still fairly rare to see one on the roads (I want to wave ) unlike in the UK where practically everyone I knew had one (particularly silver).

Good luck with your move.
Kathy
Old Nov 17th 2006, 7:28 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
We bought a Kia Carnival when we came 2 years ago.
And we are thinking of upgrading to Kia Grande.
Its a beautiful car, runs well, has never let us down. And very spacious.
One of our best buys over here. 10/10
Denise

Thanks Denise.. we've put a big tick next to that one our list <g>

Just have to worry how much we've lost on our 18month old Seat Alhambra now (well, thats after I've stopped worrying if Himself has been offered a job, otherwise I'll have a while to wait before I need to start worrying about cars <g>)

Lynne
Old Nov 17th 2006, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all

Hi buzzy bee
Great thread. We have a ford galaxy here and will be looking for a people carrier when we go. I have always l liked the look of the chrysler voyager - if i can afford one that is! It seems like a good bet so you never know.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 4:53 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Buzzy--Bee]All those vehicles are available in both I believe.[QUOTE]

Cheers

We were told teh Ford Territory and teh Nissan Pathfinder are only available in automatic, though i don't know if that just applies to the models we were asking them about

Jen
Old Dec 12th 2006, 6:46 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: My research on 7 seater passenger vehicles available in Australia

[QUOTE=JenJen][QUOTE=Buzzy--Bee]All those vehicles are available in both I believe.

Cheers

We were told teh Ford Territory and teh Nissan Pathfinder are only available in automatic, though i don't know if that just applies to the models we were asking them about

Jen
Jen, with the exception of the Ti, the Pathfinder is available in both manual and auto.

Buzzy
Old Dec 12th 2006, 10:14 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=Buzzy--Bee][QUOTE=JenJen]
Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
All those vehicles are available in both I believe.

Jen, with the exception of the Ti, the Pathfinder is available in both manual and auto.

Buzzy
Nice one thanks Buzzy, I've never driven an automatic before and although ppl take me it's a piece of cake i'm a creature of habit.

Jen
Old Dec 12th 2006, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=JenJen][QUOTE=Buzzy--Bee]
Originally Posted by JenJen

Nice one thanks Buzzy, I've never driven an automatic before and although ppl take me it's a piece of cake i'm a creature of habit.

Jen
OMG can you tell it's past my bed time ppl tell me not take me, and creature of habit makes me sound like some sort of wild animal oh dear, i obviously need to go to bed earlier and lay off the tablets lolll

Thanks Buzzy

Jen
Old Dec 13th 2006, 1:38 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon now the Pajero has a common rail diesel engine, it's definitely the one to go for.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 1:42 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I reckon now the Pajero has a common rail diesel engine, it's definitely the one to go for.
We are seriously thinking of upgrading to the new Pajero, looks like a very good buy.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 2:23 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kt.2006
Hi Caroline
I have still got my Zafira. We got it from a Holden garage along the golden mile in Marooka, Brisbane. It was 15 months' old and had only done 7000 miles (yes I did believe them ) as it had been a company car at Holden's in Victoria. We paid 24000 dollars for it but it was in an excellent condition. The garage said that they are not popular with Australians but when they get one in stock it is always someone from Europe that buys it. I had a diesel version in the UK but there are only petrol versions here.

I don't think that they are sold here as a current model anymore. It's still fairly rare to see one on the roads (I want to wave ) unlike in the UK where practically everyone I knew had one (particularly silver).

Good luck with your move.
Kathy
We have a Zafira and think it is really good. The only (fairly large!) downside that we have discovered during use is that you cannot access the rear seats if you have child seats installed in the middle row. This is because you cannot slide it forward as the seatbelts holding the kids seats in do not extend when locked.
So to do it you have to have access via the boot - not v practical, but as we only have 2 kids it is not really a problem except when we give people a lift!

Other than that it is a great car
Old Dec 13th 2006, 3:03 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Saw the new pajero at the 4wd show & was very impressed.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Holden have stopped selling the Zafira. They've replaced it with the Captiva. This is a different type of vehicle being much larger and more like a 4x4 off road vehicle.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 8:18 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: My research on 7 seater passenger vehicles available in Australia

More money and less features than the Pathfinder I think.

Buzzy
Old Dec 13th 2006, 9:17 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
More money and less features than the Pathfinder I think.
OK, but one's a Nissan - nuff said!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.