Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My Poor Shih-tzu!

My Poor Shih-tzu!

Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant future
Unhappy My Poor Shih-tzu!

I took my dog to the vets yesterday to begin the process of having her injections ready to fly out to Oz sometime in January and the vet says she has a heart murmor
I'm going to have some x-rays done when she goes in to have her teeth scaled and polished next month, so i'll no more then. He says it can be treated with medication.
I'm now thinking that they may not take her. I wouldn't dream of putting her at risk either. She is 11 in September, has anyone else taken a dog with a heart murmor or know anything about this problem?
Many Thanks
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant future
Default Re: My Poor Shih-tzu!

Just wanted to let people, who have taken the trouble to read this thread , that i have been told by the company i am using to ship Betsy over that she would be able to fly, this condition wouldn't affect her, the lady had a poodle with a heart murmor and she was fine and lived all long life, but i was pleased with her reassurance.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

stela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nice
Wink Re: My Poor Shih-tzu!

Originally Posted by MOONLIGHT
Just wanted to let people, who have taken the trouble to read this thread , that i have been told by the company i am using to ship Betsy over that she would be able to fly, this condition wouldn't affect her, the lady had a poodle with a heart murmor and she was fine and lived all long life, but i was pleased with her reassurance.

Hi moonlight. Thats great news for you. Im going to be in the same position, my dog's 12 in september, ( larzo aphso), when he has his injections good luck with everthing anyway

stela
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Glad to hear that Moonlight, which company was it?? I think that if we have to say goodbye to our dog it's going to be soooooooo hard, i'm still trying to convince my OH that m mungral is worth £3000 jsut because he's my baby, regardles of the fact that he's a rescue dog he's still worth every penny in my eyes. Really chuffed for you being able to take her

Last edited by vickys; Jun 27th 2007 at 10:15 pm. Reason: read the original post incorrectly sorry
Old Jun 28th 2007, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stela
Hi moonlight. Thats great news for you. Im going to be in the same position, my dog's 12 in september, ( larzo aphso), when he has his injections good luck with everthing anyway

stela
Thankyou stela, my mum has a lhaso apso, there lovely dogs, Good Luck to you also.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vickys
Glad to hear that Moonlight, which company was it?? I think that if we have to say goodbye to our dog it's going to be soooooooo hard, i'm still trying to convince my OH that m mungral is worth £3000 jsut because he's my baby, regardles of the fact that he's a rescue dog he's still worth every penny in my eyes. Really chuffed for you being able to take her
Hi vickys
The company is Bristol Vale Kennels, the lady is so helpful, I've been quoted £1,100 Plus extra for the quarentine at Perth and all the vets costs, I know it is alot of money but like you say they're our babies! I hope you can convince your OH, at first my hubbie pointed out the cost would be our first months rental but he's all for taking Betsy, he said it will help us all settle. The children said they won't go if Betsy don't. (tempting)
Good Luck & thankyou.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Smile Re: My Poor Shih-tzu!

Hi vickys
The company is Bristol Vale Kennels, the lady is so helpful, I've been quoted £1,100 Plus extra for the quarentine at Perth and all the vets costs, I know it is alot of money but like you say they're our babies! I hope you can convince your OH, at first my hubbie pointed out the cost would be our first months rental but he's all for taking Betsy, he said it will help us all settle. The children said they won't go if Betsy don't. (tempting)
Good Luck & thankyou.
I got the same reply from our daughter when i mentioned it to her too. I've only had one quote so far and that came in at £2,600 from Heathrow and £2700 from Manchester, think i'll definately do a big ring round, before making any decisions and i'll contact Bristol too. thanks and good luck
Old Jun 28th 2007, 3:37 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

That's good news! My 2 mini-schnauzers both have slight heart murmurs always picked up on a trip to any vets. I was told that this is often a stand alone condition that dogs live with normally & doesn't affect anything. Wish your girl a good trip from me & my boys
Old Jun 28th 2007, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JoolsB
That's good news! My 2 mini-schnauzers both have slight heart murmurs always picked up on a trip to any vets. I was told that this is often a stand alone condition that dogs live with normally & doesn't affect anything. Wish your girl a good trip from me & my boys
hiya
our yorkie was 12 when he went and is 14 now he has a heart mumor but had no probs - although he is so well adjusted out there now he feels the cold at night! im sure ur baby will be fine xx
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi everyone
Just wanted to let you all know that my dog has had her chest x-ray and she is now on heart tablets!! she seems to be fine and has to go back to the vet's to have a check-up next week. So i'm going ahead with all the paperwork to send her out to Oz middle of Jan 2008. So keep your finger's crossed
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

Oh god that makes me feel so guilty. My poor shih tzu has just been spayed and she is feeling very sorry for herself - she's 8. She has aged so much over the passed year and is like an old lady i didnt think it fair to take her to oz so mum is having her but my daughters puppy is coming with us... am starting to rethink now!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

CnG-OZ Bound will become famous soon enough

I took my dog to the vets yesterday to begin the process of having her injections ready to fly out to Oz sometime in January and the vet says she has a heart murmor
I'm going to have some x-rays done when she goes in to have her teeth scaled and polished next month, so i'll no more then. He says it can be treated with medication.
I'm now thinking that they may not take her. I wouldn't dream of putting her at risk either. She is 11 in September, has anyone else taken a dog with a heart murmor or know anything about this problem?
Many Thanks
Charlie, our Shih-tzu is 13yrs old and an ageing old boy with lots of aches & pains.
But he has a heart murmur too.
He is on heart tablets & water tablets too. However medication is keeping it all in place. They have an average lifespan of between 9 - 15 years.
He had his UK to OZ process done with the vet etc…, with no problems. They have passed him for Sydney etc. He’s had all the necessary done (Chip, bloods) and flies out the day before us on 21st November.
The Vet was quite happy to help send him on his way to Oz. As you can see in the picture, he thinks he is a mountain goat !
Attached Thumbnails My Poor Shih-tzu!-p6070001.jpg  

Last edited by CnG-OZ Bound; Sep 20th 2007 at 6:58 pm. Reason: addition
Old Sep 20th 2007, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by homewardbound
Oh god that makes me feel so guilty. My poor shih tzu has just been spayed and she is feeling very sorry for herself - she's 8. She has aged so much over the passed year and is like an old lady i didnt think it fair to take her to oz so mum is having her but my daughters puppy is coming with us... am starting to rethink now!
Oh, i hope she's soon better. It's a hard decision to make leaving her behind, i've had many worries also. I hope it works out for you and her.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

I've just been talking to my mum and I really do think it best she stays behind. She has been so ill this passed year and turned into an old lady! It has taken me 2 years to have her spayed because she just wasnt well enough. Mum will take good care of her I am sure and if I change my mind i can get mum to send her out later once we are settled.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CnG-OZ Bound
Charlie, our Shih-tzu is 13yrs old and an ageing old boy with lots of aches & pains.
But he has a heart murmur too.
He is on heart tablets & water tablets too. However medication is keeping it all in place. They have an average lifespan of between 9 - 15 years.
He had his UK to OZ process done with the vet etc…, with no problems. They have passed him for Sydney etc. He’s had all the necessary done (Chip, bloods) and flies out the day before us on 21st November.
The Vet was quite happy to help send him on his way to Oz. As you can see in the picture, he thinks he is a mountain goat !
He's lovely!!! Thankyou for sharing your story, it's reassuring to know other's are going through the same as me. Good luck with the move, let me know how he get's on please.
Attached Thumbnails My Poor Shih-tzu!-betsy6.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.