Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My piles are getting totally out of control

My piles are getting totally out of control

Old Mar 4th 2004, 11:50 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation My piles are getting totally out of control

WOOD PILES THAT IS
Does anyone have any stacking tips as my piles are a bit unstable, to say the least, and i want to get them covered before the forcast rain on sunday.

Before you poms mock me, it gets bloody chilly in winter and we don't have heating or double glazing, or cavity wall insulation. Sod it, we may aswel live in a tent
Old Mar 4th 2004, 11:57 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My piles are getting totally out of control

Originally posted by hevs
WOOD PILES THAT IS
Does anyone have any stacking tips as my piles are a bit unstable, to say the least, and i want to get them covered before the forcast rain on sunday.

Before you poms mock me, it gets bloody chilly in winter and we don't have heating or double glazing, or cavity wall insulation. Sod it, we may aswel live in a tent
Put a few termites in there. That'll sort out the stacking problem.

Do you really have to burn nature to keep warm ? Use a jumper.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 12:01 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

shut up and go get ya sandals on
Old Mar 5th 2004, 12:11 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

shut up and go get ya sandals on
Oh, I love it when you order me around.
I shall sit in the corner and dream of you hewing and sing a little song:

I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay.
I sleep all night. I work all day.

He's a lumberjack, and he's okay.
He sleeps all night and he works all day.

I cut down trees. I eat my lunch.
I go to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays I go shoppin'
And have buttered scones for tea.

Mounties: He cuts down trees. He eats his lunch.
He goes to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays he goes shopping
And has buttered scones for tea.

Chorus : I'm (He's) a lumberjack, and I'm (he's) okay.
I (He) sleep(s) all night and I (he) work(s) all day.

I cut down trees. I skip and jump.
I like to press wild flowers.
I put on women's clothing
And hang around in bars.

Mounties : He cuts down trees. He skips and jumps.
He likes to press wild flowers.
He puts on women's clothing
And hangs around in bars?!

I cut down trees. I wear high heels,
Suspendies, and a bra.
I wish I'd been a girlie,
Just like my dear Mama (or Papa in later versions)

Mounties : He cuts down trees. He wears high heels,
Suspendies, and a bra?!

Yes, I'm (He's) a lumberjack, and I'm (he's) ok-a-y.
I (He) sleep(s) all night and I (he) work(s) all day
Old Mar 5th 2004, 12:15 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally posted by Bix
Oh, I love it when you order me around.
I shall sit in the corner and dream of you hewing and sing a little song:
the effin stuff has landed on my foot and its throbbing at the moment.
Any tips gratefully recieved
Old Mar 5th 2004, 12:17 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Back at home we used to stack them up against the wall in the shed.....The piles work better if they are pushed up against somthing square....(lol?? )
Old Mar 5th 2004, 12:23 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally posted by PeteY
Back at home we used to stack them up against the wall in the shed.....The piles work better if they are pushed up against somthing square....(lol?? )
Havn't got any walls, well except on the house of course but thats not a good idea
Oh i have filled the side of the house that has a small wall onto the neigbours garden, i'm running out of space
Old Mar 5th 2004, 12:27 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Havn't got any walls, well except on the house of course but thats not a good idea
Oh i have filled the side of the house that has a small wall onto the neigbours garden, i'm running out of space
Arn't you meant to be somewhere?

PS mailbox is full
Old Mar 5th 2004, 12:28 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Definatly keep it if you can though.....running a wood burning heater (even a slow combuster) is damn expensive.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Piles!!! I have all that to look froward to??

My bruv stacks his on a pallet (so they are off the ground and away from the termites) but the pallet is wood innit so that doesn't make sense!!

We have a wood heater too and we ended up chopping an old desk up to burn last winter cos we were so bloody cold
Old Mar 5th 2004, 12:34 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Default Re: My piles are getting totally out of control

WOOD PILES THAT IS

Stacking advice:-
http://www.woodheat.org/firewood/stacking.htm
Old Mar 5th 2004, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all
Default what you do is....

get some netting and tie it round. like the stuff you get on construction sites.

Actually, I havent got a clue.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

We have a wood heater too and we ended up chopping an old desk up to burn last winter cos we were so bloody cold [/QUOTE]

What's going this year then bookcase? dining table?? If Diane comes round to your house frisk her for her axe!!
Shouldn't you be out with your basket collecting twigs & kindling ready for the hard winter ahead. Don't forget to store the nuts
Have you got the Ugg boots ready, the thick doonas ready etc. temps beginning to drop we're no longer in the 30s, we're down to the 20s - time to getyour wood ready & your woodburner fixed quick!
Old Mar 5th 2004, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Sod off poodle head!

I have already had by ugg boots, Pj's & fleece all on at the same time this week, and very fetching I look too.

Old Mar 5th 2004, 5:23 am
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by HUP
Arn't you meant to be somewhere?

PS mailbox is full
Ah his masters voice lol.

Try that reverse cycle air con joby stuff suposed to be very good although uses a bit of the sparky blue stuff.

Leci is much cheaper in Oz i am led to belive.
Tell Hevs, Matt its getting light at 6 am and today its a pleasant 4 deg above freezing we could be in for a scorcher this year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.