my next problem

Old Jul 6th 2005, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

flapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant future
Default my next problem

Now that I have my wonderful visa, I have to face my next big problem, FLYING!! never used to bother me but now, I've got butterflies thinking about it, even thought about doing the boat thing but the other half don't like boats. Kind of in a pickle, what do you reckon direct flight and get it over with or a stop over somewhere to give the old nerves a break. Andy
Old Jul 6th 2005, 8:07 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: my next problem

Originally Posted by flapsterhp
Now that I have my wonderful visa, I have to face my next big problem, FLYING!! never used to bother me but now, I've got butterflies thinking about it, even thought about doing the boat thing but the other half don't like boats. Kind of in a pickle, what do you reckon direct flight and get it over with or a stop over somewhere to give the old nerves a break. Andy

We always go the quickest way possible which normally means having an hour or two somewhere like Korea or Singapore.
None of us mind flying, we just prefer to get it over and done with as it can be soooo boring.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 8:11 pm
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by flapsterhp
I was never terrified of flying, but was always relieved when we took off and landed. But when we flew with Singapore Airlines last year, not once did I have such thoughts. I felt really safe, whether it was because the plane was a 747 and so big or what, I dont know.

We had one stopover and that was in Singapore for about 7 hours. Well worth it, if for nothing else, the duty free shops are fantastic.

We just wanted to get there, so an overnight stop over wasnt an option for us, and 7 hours was a nice break, we had chance for a swim, shower, change of clothes and most importantly duty free shopping!! (Not that hubby would agree,he's still trying to fathom out how much my handbag cost him!!!)

Hope this helps.

Jo
Old Jul 6th 2005, 8:17 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you specifically fancy seeing somewhere on the way (or can't resist a bit of duty free!) get it over and done with and go for the shortest stopover. It is a long time to kill in one go but at least once you are there you can begin to get on with the rest of your life!

Happy decision making!

Binbird
Old Jul 6th 2005, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

We flew Manchester- Singapore- Brisbane, with only 1 hr in Singapore which actually meant we stepped off one plane and straight on to the next.
This would mean you would not have time to get worked up in between and we found it ok.......would do it again.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

flapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mand8002
We flew Manchester- Singapore- Brisbane, with only 1 hr in Singapore which actually meant we stepped off one plane and straight on to the next.
This would mean you would not have time to get worked up in between and we found it ok.......would do it again.
yea I think thats the way to go, get it over and done with, cheers everyone Andy