Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

my mum's just arrived from the UK

View Poll Results: who misses their mum?
yes
35.00%
no
21.67%
don't have one
30.00%
don't remind me i miss her so much
8.33%
miss other relatives too
13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

my mum's just arrived from the UK

Old Dec 4th 2007, 6:19 am
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default my mum's just arrived from the UK

yes she is here....having jet lag sleep
it's so nice to have your mum around
that's what I miss
Old Dec 4th 2007, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Daka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: my mum's just arrived from the UK

Mine arrives on saturday - can't wait!

Have a great time
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:00 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Dad arrived on Saturday for 3 months. My wife said "it now feels like we're back in England again".

Bugger

Buzzy
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:20 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The way this thread shows up on the list reflects my feelings. My mum's just arrived from the UK. Why? Can't think of anything worse to be honest.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:35 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm what I meant was bugger it feel like we're in England again. Not bugger my Dad's arrived!

Buzzy
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:01 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

I’m I a bad person but I don’t miss my Mum.

She visited last year and it was great to see her, but having her in my house for 4 weeks reminded me of all the reason why I left home.

She is coming out again next March for 3 weeks and again I am looking forward to seeing her but I know how it will go – first few days will be great then she will start going on about my weight, my drinking and this time I am working so I am sure that that will get a mention too!!

Last time, we where to go out somewhere and I need to check with Hubby that he did want to come, but forget to mention it before he left for work and my Mum asked me in all serious if I was scared of Hubby and was that why I hadn’t asked him!!

Mum’s eh..got to love them!!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough

Ha she is a reason we left ! in laws coming for 2 months on sunday, we have moved to acreage so we can build a granny falt (a 2 bed self contained timber kit home has laundry kitchen everything) for them when they come and all the other visitors that descend, great to see them but hard to squash everyone in all the time ! May even use as B and B !
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:08 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Smile Re: my mum's just arrived from the UK

Originally Posted by vickymills
we have moved to acreage so we can build a granny falt (a 2 bed self contained timber kit home has laundry kitchen everything) for them when they come and all the other visitors that descend, great to see them but hard to squash everyone in all the time ! May even use as B and B !
Careful with council regulations on this one. Councils are very reluctant to allow 2 kitchens on one title. We are also going to build a house with a granny flat but the granny flat kitchen will be a sink with power points for a microwave, fridge, toaster, kettle and will be called a bar on the plans.

Buzzy
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Careful with council regulations on this one. Councils are very reluctant to allow 2 kitchens on one title. We are also going to build a house with a granny flat but the granny flat kitchen will be a sink with power points for a microwave, fridge, toaster, kettle and will be called a bar on the plans.

Buzzy
yes we have had to get full permission as in as if you are building whole new house as its over 70m2.....hasd been bit of nightmare but building work starting soon....
sems each council has different regs too..... will be glad when it is up ! good luck with yours
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, mine was here for three months earlier this year at the end of my pregnancy and for the first few weeks after my daughter was born (still feels strange writing that!)

I miss my mum and dad, and my grandma

Parents are coming out again in Jan though
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
She visited last year and it was great to see her, but having her in my house for 4 weeks reminded me of all the reason why I left home.

She is coming out again next March for 3 weeks and again I am looking forward to seeing her but I know how it will go – first few days will be great then she will start going on about my weight, my drinking and this time I am working so I am sure that that will get a mention too!!

Mum’s eh..got to love them!!
I echo your sentiments! I miss my mum, she's here at the moment, almost at the end of her three week stay. First few days are great, and then they start doing your head in! It's fine when we go visit them in UK as we are out and about all the time. When she comes here by herself, kids are at school and you have to ferry them around day in, day out and entertain them 24/7. I will miss her when she goes back tho. Can't live with them, can't live without them.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

I miss my mum, as I never really had a close relationship with her, when she came over it was the first time I had seen her in nearly 3 years.

My mum and I are like chalk and cheese, or so I thought. Now I am a mum and older, the time I spent with her was great and I got mothered for the first time since I was about 13. I am not a sentimental person by any means and fiercely independent, but it was great to be looked after and see who I am taking after.

Small things like how I sneeze I went oh my god I am turning into my mum.

My mum is trendier than me and really young at heart and is such a kind person, she has inspired me to never grow old inside.

We got on so well that she is now getting visa to move over permanently.

Ok emotional bit over now
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:05 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
The way this thread shows up on the list reflects my feelings. My mum's just arrived from the UK. Why? Can't think of anything worse to be honest.
@ Pen.

Carianne, I think we all wish we had mum's like that. For those of us who don't, we find our 'mothering' elsewhere.

Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

I know and part of me feels bad as she hasn't changed I have.

I have missed a fair bit of time with her as i lived away and we fought every time we got together. But my thoughts are with a happier future and a solid relationship with her.
Funny things can actually change for the better.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
LOL - thought you would say that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.