Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

my mum is on the plane

my mum is on the plane

Old Dec 7th 2011, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of
Default my mum is on the plane

aarrgghhh....my wee mammy is coming to oz.. im a wreck..she is so nervous and has assistance, flying emirates...but omg im so stressed

guys..send all positive vibes !!! not seen her in 8 months..kids have no idea..were going to hide her in a box ..like a jack in the box..kids think were going..xmas shopping..then voila...SURPRISE !!!!!!
Old Dec 7th 2011, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: my mum is on the plane

Good luck and fingers crossed for you (and her) that the flights go well

Only 24 hours and she'll be there whether they do or not, just a blink in the scheme of things....
Old Dec 7th 2011, 12:47 pm

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

So she spends 24 hours couped up in a plane, she lands, and you put her straight in a box.

Best Christmas present imaginable, for all of you. Sweet memories in the making.

Old Dec 7th 2011, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm dead jealous
Old Dec 7th 2011, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of

okay ..well sleeps for a while..then we drive 3 hours..collect kids then in a box....surprise...!!!!
Old Dec 7th 2011, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

JAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really nice

Have a lovely time with your Mum!

Old Dec 8th 2011, 1:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm, the mother in a box. From my perspective that sounds like a really interesting concept.........

Sounds like a wonderful surprise for your kids, I'm sure you'll all have a fantastic time. Enjoy.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Hmmmm, the mother in a box. From my perspective that sounds like a really interesting concept.........

Sounds like a wonderful surprise for your kids, I'm sure you'll all have a fantastic time. Enjoy.
ha ha ...i know..they think were going shopping..so have a large pickfords wardrobe carrier..wrapped in xmas paper...im like a cat on hot tin roof at moment...so hope she dont wander when they refuel at singapore..her memory is so bad !!
Old Dec 8th 2011, 2:10 am
New To Perth!

ScotsSal is an unknown quantity at this point

I flew my mum and dad over to Dubai with Emirates when I lived there and they were awesome with the assistance that they gave my mum and dad as my mum needed a wheelchair and my dad had a walking stick. I'm sure she's going to have a fabulous journey with them and will arrive in Australia happy to see you all and looking forward to a fab Christmas with the family! :-)
Old Dec 8th 2011, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ScotsSal
I flew my mum and dad over to Dubai with Emirates when I lived there and they were awesome with the assistance that they gave my mum and dad as my mum needed a wheelchair and my dad had a walking stick. I'm sure she's going to have a fabulous journey with them and will arrive in Australia happy to see you all and looking forward to a fab Christmas with the family! :-)
Thank you..she has been ill..and had a very hard year..when she left glasgow was crying.so i know she will be nervous...fingers crossed...now heading to brisbane ...oh i hope she will be well xxx
Old Dec 8th 2011, 3:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so excited for you....

Last year the grey nomads arrived on Christmas day... i "went to work" and came back with them....

This year tis MIL... On christmas eve....

The box I would put HER in is the kind that can be put six foot under
Old Dec 8th 2011, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

My MIL flew with Malaysian Airways on an assisted flight. They managed to lose her for a while at kula lumper airport. I sent a strongly worded e mail to them, asking what in hell were they doing... finding her??
Old Dec 8th 2011, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007

The box I would put HER in is the kind that can be put six foot under
shouldn't laugh but you are so funny. Just keep the vision of the box in your mind and I'm sure you will be fine!