Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

my message to PB and "dreamers"

my message to PB and "dreamers"

Old May 9th 2003, 11:06 am
Badge

Default my message to PB and "dreamers"

NO - a stabbing in Australia - they have stabbings in Australia!!!!!?????

PB - get a life. You don't get it, do you? Typical pom! I'm trying to escape the UK to get away from the likes of you. It's blokes like you who the Aussies take the piss out of. I know - i have been with my aussie mates when they're taking the piss out of typical English people. (I am English!)

Australia has all the problems of the UK - we know. Yes - I know Australians are considered to be "boring" sometimes - but even the most ill-educated and blinkered australians have a articulateness and charm that you wouldn't find anywhere else. I overhear conversations in pubs in London and people do nothing but whinge, or talk about what they've got, or over-intellectualise things, or put people down, or act "hard" or "cool" - become removed from the real world. They are either middle class namby pampy or repressed working class. Unskilled labourers in Australia are polite, engaging, and articulate - over here they are so grumpy and repressed. I know i have worked on both sides.

I couldn't give a flying ***** about big houses, beaches and weather - i just want some space, freedom from the class system, freedom from "negativity" and freedom from overcrowding - and OPPORTUNITY.

Australia is a place where you can still grab the bull by the horns - in much the same way those convicts did 200 years ago. I spent a lot of time out back last year and loved the fact that one minute I could be flying my plane, working on a cattle station and or driving trucks in WA. Didn't have to work in my normal field. I couldn't do that in the UK. (I am an engineer). Lots of opportunities for people who are classless, don't winge and "have a go" - people that get stuck in. Smile at their fellow man. That's what I like about Australia - it's a settler's country - and that's why they have the culture they do. It's for real men and women. Not for dreamers like you and people wanting a beer and skittles life like many expats.

there i've said it!

This is the essence of Australia - you either "get" it or you don't. I get it. The biggest compliment i now get is when people mistake me for an Australian. What does this signal to me - that I must be laid back, gregarious, happy go lucky, articulate - a good bloke. Lets face it - that's how the world view Australians - you never hear about Australians seen as grumpy etc like say, Londoners or Parisians - do you?

(sorry maybe Im being a bit harsh, but ive just got my visa and im very happy as back in the UK currently I am very homesick.)

badgers

Old May 9th 2003, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

ellen1 is an unknown quantity at this point

wow good post!! can't wait to see pb's response to that!! maybe he will cut and post an asnswer!

Old May 9th 2003, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

valleygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Good posting!!!

Why spend the rest of your life wondering what could have been. If you dont bloody like it then come home but at least you have tried!!!

I have spent many years living abroad, not because the UK is a load of crap because it isnt. However after 3 years of trying to get used to being back in the UK I think it is time for a change (sick of looking at miserable faces).

What suits one person may not suit another but hey, life is an adventure, if you dont try then you will never know!!
Old May 9th 2003, 2:20 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Dream on.
Old May 9th 2003, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

last year and loved the fact that one minute I could be flying my plane
So your an ordinary every day guy then. !!

The only thing I will be flying is my bloody kite.

If you dont bloody like it then come home but at least you have tried!!!
Is this not what the notorius PB is doing. ?

Last edited by karawara88; May 9th 2003 at 2:28 pm.
Old May 9th 2003, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

tractorboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: my message to PB and "dreamers"

Well said !! I totally agree with you and what you have said pretty well sums up the way I feel too.
Old May 9th 2003, 3:15 pm
Bilbo

Originally posted by karawara88
Is this not what the notorius PB is doing. ?
Not yet. In the meantime he's amusing himself by abusing you who reminds him of himself when "he was as you are". Constant reminders required due to beer damaged brain.

Old May 9th 2003, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not yet. In the meantime he's amusing himself by abusing you who reminds him of himself when "he was as you are". Constant reminders required due to beer damaged brain.

Hes not abusing me.

Also from what I gather he is returning to UK in August, therefor he IS returning home.
Old May 9th 2003, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

valleygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by karawara88
Hes not abusing me.

Also from what I gather he is returning to UK in August, therefor he IS returning home.

I was not having a go at anybody in particular!! I was trying to make it clear that everyone has choices even the negative ones and I am not just getting at PB here either.
Old May 9th 2003, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Matt & Jo is an unknown quantity at this point

Well said, Badger.
Old May 9th 2003, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

joecan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: my message to PB and "dreamers"

Originally posted by badgersmount
Lots of opportunities for people who are classless, don't winge and "have a go" - people that get stuck in.

I think its only fair to point out here that it depends on what type of opportunities you're looking for. Lots of Ozzies also leave oz to make their way to UK/USA because of greater opportunities available in their fields...
Old May 9th 2003, 4:20 pm
Badge

Originally posted by valleygirl
Good posting!!!

Why spend the rest of your life wondering what could have been. If you dont bloody like it then come home but at least you have tried!!!

I have spent many years living abroad, not because the UK is a load of crap because it isnt. However after 3 years of trying to get used to being back in the UK I think it is time for a change (sick of looking at miserable faces).

What suits one person may not suit another but hey, life is an adventure, if you dont try then you will never know!!
excellent VG. I agree. I love lots of things about the UK = but unfortunately, lots of those things are now beyond younger people without independent incomes etc..and i would rather be poor and bored in australia with my health and character etc and resourcefulness than bored and poor here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i do agree about miserable faces though. i say G'day to a girl at the sandwich counter every day, ask her how her day is going, and i can tell it makes her day. she perks up when i come in.

she now says it back to ME - i dont have to ask...wahey

i've even had the post office queue chatting when i get everyone laughing..it's amazing - a wisecrack a few days ago had the whole queue talking ...made me feel good anyhow

badgers

Old May 9th 2003, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by badgersmount
excellent VG. I agree. I love lots of things about the UK = but unfortunately, lots of those things are now beyond younger people without independent incomes etc..and i would rather be poor and bored in australia with my health and character etc and resourcefulness than bored and poor here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i do agree about miserable faces though. i say G'day to a girl at the sandwich counter every day, ask her how her day is going, and i can tell it makes her day. she perks up when i come in.

she now says it back to ME - i dont have to ask...wahey

i've even had the post office queue chatting when i get everyone laughing..it's amazing - a wisecrack a few days ago had the whole queue talking ...made me feel good anyhow

badgers

You by friend have the right "Stuff"...... that's how it works over here in Canada or anywhere else......... you will be alright..........
Old May 9th 2003, 4:55 pm
Beyond Redemption

Snitzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hold on isn't one mans miserable face another person happy one? We are all someone elses miserable face or something like that !

Anyway I agree with most of what you say even if a tad over positive in it's views. Although as for all the people being being ordinary Joes I dare you to walk the streets of Cabramatta and the like in Sydney's Westerns Subs after dark with all their Asian gangs ... no thanks. But then again us lot will be nicely tucked up on the Lower North Shore and Eastern Subs.
Regards
S

Last edited by Snitzy; May 9th 2003 at 4:58 pm.
Old May 9th 2003, 8:56 pm
Badge

Originally posted by Snitzy
Hold on isn't one mans miserable face another person happy one? We are all someone elses miserable face or something like that !

Anyway I agree with most of what you say even if a tad over positive in it's views. Although as for all the people being being ordinary Joes I dare you to walk the streets of Cabramatta and the like in Sydney's Westerns Subs after dark with all their Asian gangs ... no thanks. But then again us lot will be nicely tucked up on the Lower North Shore and Eastern Subs.
Regards
S
i give you that. Not for everyone the Northern suburns/Eastern suburbs....i couldn't afford them for sure..but I still believe in opportunity etc..the northern shore and e suburbs are still light years ahead from the best parts of London..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.