Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My lifes gone crazy!

My lifes gone crazy!

Old Jan 13th 2007, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default My lifes gone crazy!

Hey life sure has gone a bit manic since i decided to GO FOR IT!!
Pretty much every waking hour is spent thinking about what lays ahead for me and my family. I want this so much and i am having to try really hard to keep both feet firmly on the floor. I havent even got the TRA sorted yet but already i am lookin around my house wondering what i would take with me and what to leave at home! i have been bringing boxes home from work to sort all the 'junk' out into categories of car boot, rubbish and stuff that would have to go with us! (my theory is that even IF we dont get a visa at least my house would be tidy
I have made a list of jobs that would need doing around the house to prepare for sale. Im already scouring papers to see what similar houses are on teh market at! I am spending hours on this site following everyone elses experiences and last night spent 2 hours lookin at houses to rent in the neighbourhood where my brother and his family live. I keep checking with my ex husband that he hasnt changed his mind about giving permission for me to take the kids, i have stopped smoking cos i want to be able to tick the NON smoker box at medical, my shoppin bill was a fraction of what it normally is cos every spare penny is going into the pot, i have 2 bags of clothes that never get worn to go to charity - the list goes on and on! I am beginning to wonder if there is a medical condition attached to applying for a visa that makes you go temporarily insane! i have already envisaged the party i will throw to celebrate getting THE email confiming we have the visa!
is this just me or is everyone totally consumed by following the dream?
some one please slap me and tell me to calm down
(purely for medicinal purposes of course!)
mandy x
Old Jan 13th 2007, 3:40 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My lifes gone crazy!

Originally Posted by daunted
Hey life sure has gone a bit manic since i decided to GO FOR IT!!
Pretty much every waking hour is spent thinking about what lays ahead for me and my family. I want this so much and i am having to try really hard to keep both feet firmly on the floor. I havent even got the TRA sorted yet but already i am lookin around my house wondering what i would take with me and what to leave at home! i have been bringing boxes home from work to sort all the 'junk' out into categories of car boot, rubbish and stuff that would have to go with us! (my theory is that even IF we dont get a visa at least my house would be tidy
I have made a list of jobs that would need doing around the house to prepare for sale. Im already scouring papers to see what similar houses are on teh market at! I am spending hours on this site following everyone elses experiences and last night spent 2 hours lookin at houses to rent in the neighbourhood where my brother and his family live. I keep checking with my ex husband that he hasnt changed his mind about giving permission for me to take the kids, i have stopped smoking cos i want to be able to tick the NON smoker box at medical, my shoppin bill was a fraction of what it normally is cos every spare penny is going into the pot, i have 2 bags of clothes that never get worn to go to charity - the list goes on and on! I am beginning to wonder if there is a medical condition attached to applying for a visa that makes you go temporarily insane! i have already envisaged the party i will throw to celebrate getting THE email confiming we have the visa!
is this just me or is everyone totally consumed by following the dream?
some one please slap me and tell me to calm down
(purely for medicinal purposes of course!)
mandy x
Think you'll find almost eveyone on here is exactly the same!!!!!! I've done almost everything that you mentioned, except for the giving up smoking bit and thats only because i've never smoked!!! Welcome to the addiction!!!!! Good luck with your application. C x
Old Jan 13th 2007, 3:42 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there and a very big welcome to the club!!! x
Old Jan 13th 2007, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Hi there, well I will join you for a cos I feel exactly the same and I think that I will until we finally put our feet on the ground at the other side (although I will then have a load of new things to think about so I am sure that the process will start all over again for me lol). Good luck with the application.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi Mandy yeah welcome to the club. It does just take over, this Immigration thing. We have been going thru the process for over a year now and reading your post could be reading about myself. This site is a godsend. It is good sharing with others in the same boat. Hang in there and know crazy you are not.

Donna & Neil
Old Jan 13th 2007, 7:07 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Donna&Neil
Hi Mandy yeah welcome to the club. It does just take over, this Immigration thing. We have been going thru the process for over a year now and reading your post could be reading about myself. This site is a godsend. It is good sharing with others in the same boat. Hang in there and know crazy you are not.

Donna & Neil
Sorry... can't tell you to come down cause that would make me a hypocrite!! I've been very obsessed with this whole thing for about 2 years now. At first we were just discussing it off and on, then the there was the visa application. Now that we have the visa we're obsessing about finding a job, selling the house, etc, etc.

I read just about everything on this site, whether it pertains to our situation or not. I just can't help myself. It drives my husband crazy, but he'll thank me when we're so prepared (or so I tell him).

I spend way more time on here than I should, and the whole time I keep checking our emails to see if any job news has come in. I'm going a little crazy.

Anyway... just thought I'd say you're not alone.

Haley
Old Jan 14th 2007, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

BIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really nice

Hi
Think we must be twins cos all of that rings so true with me We have been talking about it for 3 years, one job offer fell through last year and now have a new offer and starting the whole process again. I feel the info in this site is fantastic and has already alerted me to several issues that have now been sorted. It is comforting to know that others are going through the same. I know it will be worth it in the end so hang in there Can't wait to beable to help othets once I've finished with it all!

Debbie