Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

is it my imagination?

is it my imagination?

Old Feb 16th 2004, 6:12 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default is it my imagination?

Is it just me or are there tons more people emigrating? Everywhere I go people say they are off, lots to NZ and OZ and quite a few to Europe. Or is it like when you get a certain make of car you seem to see millions!

Jenny
Old Feb 16th 2004, 6:27 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is it my imagination?

Originally posted by jensteve
Is it just me or are there tons more people emigrating? Everywhere I go people say they are off, lots to NZ and OZ and quite a few to Europe. Or is it like when you get a certain make of car you seem to see millions!

Jenny
I think it's a combination of both. There might be a few more people emigrating than usual (you should be able to look that up on a goverment statistics bureau page) and I'm quite sure you now NOTICE more, and also remember more of whom you have noticed...

Old Feb 16th 2004, 6:35 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Jenny
I think there are more people moving away from the UK, but there are loads of people moving here, & not just asylum seekers. The number of South Africans here is huge for example. The UK has a lot of opportunities.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

slowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud of

well jensteve...

im another 1 hoping to move to new zealand..lol....

its the first time we have ever looked at moving abroad, and well i thought that we (my family) were the only ones moving abroad, until we found this site. and loads of people do it and have done it...

this site is great, its really helped us a lot..

kayleigh
x
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:43 pm
Go Banana's !!

Jenny
Its psychological as well. Its like when you are going to buy a new car, you notice more of that car than any other if you know what I mean ! :lecture:

It also may have something to do with thr spate of programmes on the Tv recently, everyone is talking about it or may have spurred them into it.

Warren
Perth 2004....

Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:02 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Its psychological as well. Its like when you are going to buy a new car, you notice more of that car than any other if you know what I mean ! :lecture:

It also may have something to do with thr spate of programmes on the Tv recently, everyone is talking about it or may have spurred them into it.

Warren
Perth 2004....
Lets hope if OZ and NZ are becoming so popular that dimia dont slow down with our applications, we should all get in first!!!!
The flat above my shop has already been raided once with illegals living in it, and its going to be raided again, I don't know who's up there at all, most confusing. Last time 5 where taken away never to return.
Jenny
Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:04 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Lets hope if OZ and NZ are becoming so popular that dimia dont slow down with our applications, we should all get in first!!!!
The flat above my shop has already been raided once with illegals living in it, and its going to be raided again, I don't know who's up there at all, most confusing. Last time 5 where taken away never to return.
Jenny
The targeted number of skilled migrants has been increased so one would hope DIMIA will staff the ASPC appropriately.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

slowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud of

lol. that must have been scary.

kayleigh
x
Old Feb 16th 2004, 9:37 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

It is like when you have a pregnancy scare - all you see are babies and pregnant women - or if you break up with someone - they play nothing but sad breaking up type songs on the radio!!