Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My IELTS Results....

My IELTS Results....

Old May 30th 2011, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

allisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really nice
Default My IELTS Results....

...on my mat when I got home y'day

L8.5; R8; W7; S9 so an 8 overall so very pleased!

I took it with the idea of applying to get on the NZ Nursing Register; now the doubts have set in and am thinking Oz again......aarrrrggghhh!!!!!
Old May 30th 2011, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Andy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to all
Default Re: My IELTS Results....

Originally Posted by allisonwantstoemigrate

I took it with the idea of applying to get on the NZ Nursing Register; now the doubts have set in and am thinking Oz again......aarrrrggghhh!!!!!
Well done.

I found the writing module to be the hardest part too. The time seemed to zoom by if I remember correctly.

Good luck with your decision!
Old May 30th 2011, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Location: Dewsbury, West Yorkshire but aiming for distant shores....
Reaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by allisonwantstoemigrate

I was under the impression that if you were a native english speaker (british passport holder) you didnt need to do the IELTs?

Old May 30th 2011, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

shackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to all

I think some people do depending on which visa youre going on, as its an easy way of getting points??. I sat my IELTS on Sat in Leeds, found the reading the hardest! , just keeping everything crossed ive done enough for a 7 !. Were moving over to Aus next April all being well
Old May 30th 2011, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Reaver
I was under the impression that if you were a native english speaker (british passport holder) you didnt need to do the IELTs?

Yes it's a way of improving your points score if your borderline or just want the added assurance of having enough points.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

allisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really nice

It's needed to registration on the NZ nursing council.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 6:08 am
Just Joined

vicstick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I am now registered to practice as a nurse in 3 countries, Uk NZ and Oz and I have never sat the IELTS. However well done for a good score, I've heard it's tough