My House :mad:

Old Apr 6th 2004, 9:17 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default My House :mad:

Right sorry for the huge moan thats about hit your eyeballs.....

But I am SO bloody fed up with selling my house

Its been on the market 10 weeks now and we haven't even had a viewing!!!!

The agent (a sort of mate so it makes things even more tricky) and his cronies have been coming up with the same waffle 'oh your end of the market is really slow at the moment.....don't understand why your house hasn't had much interest.....we think its priced right.....blah blah waffle blah shit.....

When I phone him up yesterday to ask politely (as I always do ) what the bloody hell's going on he apologises and says he's been out of the office a lot these past 4 weeks and didn't realise no-one had thought to re-advertise it in the paper but thinks now we should reduce the price of the house as there's not been much interest

His flaming nerve to even suggest that we reduce it is infuriating me as to me its just a blatant 'it's not my fault' excuse. Especially when there's 2 houses near me identical to mine in structure/style but THEY'RE on the market for 10 and 15 grand more than mine!!!! (with another agent tho) So to consider reducing mine goes against the grain a bit as maybe some of you may understand....

The reason we've gone to this agent is he's a mate and he's doing us a really good deal....but methinks we're gonna have to change agents and pray....

Any pointers would be good.....

Yours Miserably

Petra
Old Apr 6th 2004, 9:19 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Defintely change agents ASAP, pref to the same as the houses up the road that are for sale...
Old Apr 6th 2004, 9:25 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
Defintely change agents ASAP, pref to the same as the houses up the road that are for sale...
Yea... think we may have to (gonna cost me more than twice the fees I'm going to be paying this one mind)

I thought about knocking on their doors to ask them what they thought of their agent and if they were getting any viewings. But then I thought they'll prob tell me to sod off and think I'm some sort of weirdo Then again they'd prob be right...
Old Apr 6th 2004, 9:31 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by artep
Yea... think we may have to (gonna cost me more than twice the fees I'm going to be paying this one mind)

I thought about knocking on their doors to ask them what they thought of their agent and if they were getting any viewings. But then I thought they'll prob tell me to sod off and think I'm some sort of weirdo Then again they'd prob be right...
Show the new prospective agents your old contract with your mate (with the low % cost) and say you will move if they match his fees

I did and I am only paying .5%

Everyone says the market is good blah,blah but our house (5 bed barn conversion) as been on the market for 3 months and we have only had 2 viewings :scared: 1 on Saturday and we have another tomorrow. So looks like the market IS starting to move
Old Apr 6th 2004, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Change agents !!!!

Can be tricky relying on friends for what is the biggest financial transaction you ever make !
Old Apr 6th 2004, 9:35 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by artep

But worth it if you squeeze more money out of the sale...

I wouldn't mind if someone knocked on my door and asked me something like that. Provided it was daylight. And I had the chain up....
Old Apr 6th 2004, 10:21 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

I spoke to an estate agent a week or two back about floggin my house and she said the market is moving quite quickly, but only in the middle value area. Your typical 3 bed semis are shifting fast, but the upper value houses weren't moving as quickly. Not much use i know but if you're house is a big one you will probably find it not selling as fast as people are suggesting.

While i was there i noticed a church conversation up for sale at £425K and commented on house nice it looked. Apparently it's not selling very well and has been up for sale for quite some time. When i asked the reason why i she told me it still has on ongoing graveyard in the back garden!!! i see this as a plus! at least you'd get your lawn cut for free....?

Just to add a relevant comment, i'd say change agents!! Friends are the last people you should do business with.
Old Apr 6th 2004, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jack Daws
Show the new prospective agents your old contract with your mate (with the low % cost) and say you will move if they match his fees

I did and I am only paying .5%

Everyone says the market is good blah,blah but our house (5 bed barn conversion) as been on the market for 3 months and we have only had 2 viewings :scared: 1 on Saturday and we have another tomorrow. So looks like the market IS starting to move
Sounds like good advice Petra - fingers crossed for ya
Old Apr 6th 2004, 10:39 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Yes change agents I would, dont drop your price, we did and are regretting now
Old Apr 6th 2004, 10:54 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Selling the house is just the worst most stressful bit (well....till the goodbyes anyway )
Fingers crossed for you artep
Old Apr 6th 2004, 10:56 am
Soon to be Visas holders

pete n lisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My House :mad:

Hi Ya Petra

Thought you may have had some viewings lined up now, especially over this bank holiday weekend, ya never know they may get back to you with half a dozen?

Do what ya got to do to sell that house, even if it means upsetting the friend.

Thinking of you all, warmest wishes

Lisa xx
Old Apr 6th 2004, 11:38 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I HATE SELLING MY BLOODY HOUSE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....................AAAAAAAAAAHHH HHHHHHHHHH

This is the second time in four days I have ran round like a friggin looney getting house all ready for viewers and they didnt show

I am not a happy bunny
Old Apr 6th 2004, 12:00 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by biggy
I HATE SELLING MY BLOODY HOUSE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....................AAAAAAAAAAHHH HHHHHHHHHH

This is the second time in four days I have ran round like a friggin looney getting house all ready for viewers and they didnt show

I am not a happy bunny
Don't forget me and Boomie........we're selling too. Agree its a bloody nightmare :scared:

Maybe we need to set up special councelling sessions for house sellers

At this rate were not gonna get to Oz as a family....nearly divorcing other half, tempted to put kids in care, dog in......no taking dog ...........

One thing though.....it helps to understand that we're all in same boat in terms of market place & issues re selling

Anyway. Thought of a good house selling strategy:
Given dog strict instructions to bite next viewers a*se who decides to waste my time. Might as well get a laugh out of this malarky

Keep on going folks. Good luck

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 6th 2004, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

I would definately go to another agent......suppose the house up the road sells for 10 grand more than yours Petra.....and they pay 3 grand selling costs!!!!!!!!!
Stevens in North End are selling quite well, we are gonna use Chinnock and Shaw.

See ya next week

Sandra
Old Apr 6th 2004, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

Really not looking forward to the house selling bit either...we're in manic tidying mode at the moment before even getting involved with estate agents...yesterday we even refloored our bathroom that we've been meaning to do for a couple of years!!!! We might even put up the wallpaper that we bought for our bedroom yet. Again I echo others advice...change agents and good luck!
Susan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.