Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My God What a Nightmare!

My God What a Nightmare!

Old Mar 24th 2006, 2:55 pm
Chris Thomas

christhomas99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy My God What a Nightmare!

I've just had our assessment back and been given about 5 or 6 different Visa's that I could apply for (Gutted I'm out by 5 point for the the Skilled-Independent Subclass (136)

Has anyone out there managed to get anywhere with the SKILLED - INDEPENDENT REGIONAL (PROVISIONAL) VISA (495)

Appreciate if you could let me know how you got / getting on with it.

Cheers
Frustrated wanabe British Expat!
Old Mar 24th 2006, 3:18 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My God What a Nightmare!

Originally Posted by christhomas99
I've just had our assessment back and been given about 5 or 6 different Visa's that I could apply for (Gutted I'm out by 5 point for the the Skilled-Independent Subclass (136)

Has anyone out there managed to get anywhere with the SKILLED - INDEPENDENT REGIONAL (PROVISIONAL) VISA (495)

Cheers

We at the moment have 115 points and rather go down the SIR route which I wouldnt unless I had to, we are going State Sponsored (STNI) for WA.

Hubby is a chef, and WA approved ours in just days.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 7:43 pm
Chris Thomas

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
We at the moment have 115 points and rather go down the SIR route which I wouldnt unless I had to, we are going State Sponsored (STNI) for WA.

Hubby is a chef, and WA approved ours in just days.
Well a least thats one positive thanks for that it makes us feel much better, as we have truly set all our hopes on this move, even the wife (who was at first unsure about it all). She was absolutely gutted when we got the response back....Maybe there is hope after all .

Chris
Old Mar 24th 2006, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

same as PP for us. 115 points so applied for STNI WA, it was back in a few days no problems. From what I can see it's just the same as the 136 only you commit to WA for 2 years. We didn't intend on going anywhere else anyway so it was a great option for us
Tracie
Old Mar 25th 2006, 8:27 am
Chris Thomas

Thumbs up Re: My God What a Nightmare!

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
same as PP for us. 115 points so applied for STNI WA, it was back in a few days no problems. From what I can see it's just the same as the 136 only you commit to WA for 2 years. We didn't intend on going anywhere else anyway so it was a great option for us
Tracie
Brilliant! We're really not bothered ourselves about committing for two years, in fact we're determined to make it totally perminent (Fingers Crossed)

Chris
Old Mar 25th 2006, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Chris,
Try to be positive...at least you have the options of other visas
I know its not what you had hoped for, but you've still got the chance to go!!!

Best of luck
Hilary
Old Mar 25th 2006, 9:10 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Tracie

At least its a PR visa.

I was impressed the way in which WA processed the application, no fuss and quick response.

Ive been told there are no shortages of chef jobs in WA as well.

Hubbys IELTS results are in, he wont let me open the envelope till he gets in!

If he gets a band score of 6.5, then technically we wont need STNI but I reckon we will stick with what we have anyway.
Old Mar 25th 2006, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice

Cheers
Have you considered the $100,000 Australian bond's as this would give you the extra 5 points and it's only for a year then you get it back with interest.
Old Mar 26th 2006, 7:43 am
Chris Thomas

Originally Posted by sean trethewey
Have you considered the $100,000 Australian bond's as this would give you the extra 5 points and it's only for a year then you get it back with interest.

Yeah we've already included that, we were hoping that my wife would accumulate the extra 5 point but her qualifications don't count for jack over in OZ.

Chris
Old Mar 26th 2006, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

nickos12 is a jewel in the roughnickos12 is a jewel in the roughnickos12 is a jewel in the roughnickos12 is a jewel in the rough

Cheers

Hi,
we had no choice because of the points but to take SIR(495) Have been here 14months now and lifes treating us good. only another 10 months to PR and can't wait. everythings ok, nice house in nice suburb and good job.
No worries
Nick
Old Mar 26th 2006, 5:20 pm
Chris Thomas

Smile Re: My God What a Nightmare!

Thanks for all your replies they have made us feel much better

Chris & Shirley