Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

my first aussie wage!!

my first aussie wage!!

Old Dec 29th 2005, 11:56 pm
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice
Default my first aussie wage!!

and does it feel good

been here a month and had been eating into what little (and i mean little) savings we had

had a fairly quiet christmas to make sure the pennys (or should that be cents!!) lasted ..

its not a good wage by any means (a lot less than i got back in the uk) but its enough to get by and it feels good

* right .. now i need to save up for that boat *
Old Dec 30th 2005, 12:03 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: my first aussie wage!!

Originally Posted by cam_uk
and does it feel good

been here a month and had been eating into what little (and i mean little) savings we had

had a fairly quiet christmas to make sure the pennys (or should that be cents!!) lasted ..

its not a good wage by any means (a lot less than i got back in the uk) but its enough to get by and it feels good

So are the beers on you? Gotta celebrate it's a big day!
Hope this is the first of many and that the taxman doesn't find out about any of it
Old Dec 30th 2005, 12:06 am
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice

Originally Posted by gedge
So are the beers on you? Gotta celebrate it's a big day!
Hope this is the first of many and that the taxman doesn't find out about any of it
too right !!
Old Dec 30th 2005, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

and does it feel good

it's a nice feeling isn't it? I managed to find a job pretty quick and it makes all the difference.

we didn't bring a heap of cash over but had enough to put a deposit on a house and we move in at the end of Jan, that will mean that the last of our pounds are gone and it's dollars all the way now. We've even changed the bathroom scales to read kilos instead of lbs!

Good luck.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 7:55 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

and does it feel good

Congrats! Enjoy it.

Cheers

Ginny