Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My first Aussie 10km

My first Aussie 10km

Old Sep 5th 2004, 7:23 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default My first Aussie 10km

Just what everyone wants, a 06:17 train to catch on a Sunday morning

I went and took part in the Brisbane 10km Riverrun this morning (part of a 2 week festival). I'm now the proud owner of a "sixteenth" catagory place. Very tired though!! Was fairly well set up, lots of families doing the earlier 5km run for Fathers Day. BBQ, ceremony etc afterwards - for anyone thats around next year and into that sort of thing, I'd definitely recommend it.

Off to book in for my next 10km on October 10th now (before I stiffen up and change my mind)
Old Sep 5th 2004, 7:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My first Aussie 10km

Well done mate! I'm full of admiration for people like you - makes me feel tired watching on TV! Glad you got home before the rain.....
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:43 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Well done mate! I'm full of admiration for people like you - makes me feel tired watching on TV! Glad you got home before the rain.....
I was home before my housemate was up
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:26 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Just what everyone wants, a 06:17 train to catch on a Sunday morning

I went and took part in the Brisbane 10km Riverrun this morning (part of a 2 week festival). I'm now the proud owner of a "sixteenth" catagory place. Very tired though!! Was fairly well set up, lots of families doing the earlier 5km run for Fathers Day. BBQ, ceremony etc afterwards - for anyone thats around next year and into that sort of thing, I'd definitely recommend it.

Off to book in for my next 10km on October 10th now (before I stiffen up and change my mind)
Nice one Michele. If you can get the company you work for to pay the St George corporate triathlon is worth a go.