Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My excitement tank has been refuelled!

My excitement tank has been refuelled!

Old Feb 8th 2006, 12:30 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default My excitement tank has been refuelled!

Dropped Terry off at the airport this morning, cried buckets when we parted, then set off home expecting to feel totally morose all day but the opposite has happened. I have had my enthusiasm for migrating renewed.

After weeks of feeling really down about the whole thing, leaving everyone behind, are we doing the right thing?, scared of it not working out and losing a fortune, frightened that we are taking our son away from such a happy life etc etc, I feel totally excited again! *jumping up and down smiley needed here*. Yes I am going to miss Terry, and yes it will be awful saying goodbye to the kids, but they have their own lives now. I guess it boils down to the old saying of home is where the heart is. And my heart is with Terry, wherever that may me. Sorry if that sounds corny

Got the shippers coming in two weeks and I am even excited about cleaning everything with Jeyes fluid as it means I will be making steps towards my new life

So for all you people out there feeling low or having doubts; get the rid of the other half for a while - it will work wonders!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 12:39 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My excitement tank has been refuelled!

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Dropped Terry off at the airport this morning, cried buckets when we parted, then set off home expecting to feel totally morose all day but the opposite has happened. I have had my enthusiasm for migrating renewed.

After weeks of feeling really down about the whole thing, leaving everyone behind, are we doing the right thing?, scared of it not working out and losing a fortune, frightened that we are taking our son away from such a happy life etc etc, I feel totally excited again! *jumping up and down smiley needed here*. Yes I am going to miss Terry, and yes it will be awful saying goodbye to the kids, but they have their own lives now. I guess it boils down to the old saying of home is where the heart is. And my heart is with Terry, wherever that may me. Sorry if that sounds corny

Got the shippers coming in two weeks and I am even excited about cleaning everything with Jeyes fluid as it means I will be making steps towards my new life

So for all you people out there feeling low or having doubts; get the rid of the other half for a while - it will work wonders!
Hiya hun,
Wondered where you were lately.
Do you want my other half for a while. He's driving me mad at the moment
Old Feb 8th 2006, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Do you want my other half for a while. He's driving me mad at the moment
I'll pass thank you. Tell him not to take it personally, I'm just looking forward to watching whatever crap on the telly I want to for the next 4 weeks
Old Feb 8th 2006, 12:46 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Ah bless. I've sent you some karma to welcome you back to the positive club!

I tell you, this emigrating lark isn't for the feint hearted! I think anyone who goes through the visa process and the associated stresses deserves PR straight away - full stop!

With regards to getting rid of you other half - we're on a business visa and since we moved in November and now having to set the business up, we've never spent so much time together. I've been reading the thread about the cane toads and I started to imagine hubby's face on the neck of the toad

Not sure I could actually get the freezer door shut if I wedged him in there though!!

Good luck with the shippers. You will grow to HATE the small of Jeyes fluid!

Jules
Old Feb 8th 2006, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by julesandco
I've been reading the thread about the cane toads and I started to imagine hubby's face on the neck of the toad

Not sure I could actually get the freezer door shut if I wedged him in there though!!

Jules
ROFL

Thanks for the karma too
Old Feb 8th 2006, 1:05 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Brought a tear to my eye...so happy for you

Happy cleaning x
Old Feb 8th 2006, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Glad to hear it, enjoy your 4 weeks of crappy tv and think about how great the reunion in aus will be. I cant wait to get there now
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see you back, Anne - been wondering how you and Terry were doing as it got closer to his leaving date.

Glad the doubts have passed and you're feeling re-energised! I think it's alot about getting perspective back - when you're apart from the person you love most, it makes you realise what's really important and I agree with you, it's about being together wherever that may be!

Get cracking with that Jeyes!

Nicky
xxxx
Living & Loving in Perth

hoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to behold

I'll pass thank you. Tell him not to take it personally, I'm just looking forward to watching whatever crap on the telly I want to for the next 4 weeks
Its amazing what positives you can get from an obviously sad situation:
have the remote control all to yourself, sit and watch 'deperate housewives', 'eastenders' and 'corrie' in peace not to mention having the whole bed to yourself, the list is endless!!

Best of luck for the next 4 weeks.

Hoops (mrs)
Old Feb 8th 2006, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

So glad you're feeling positve again Cant be easy for you at the moment.
Keep your chin up, keep busy, keep posting and the weeks will fly by

Oh and a few wont hurt either

Take carexx
Old Feb 8th 2006, 2:06 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

lol - know exactly where you're coming from - I did the gutters yesterday and, mind-bogglingly enough, actually enjoyed doing it because it was one step closer to Oz.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by hoops
have the remote control all to yourself, sit and watch 'deperate housewives', 'eastenders' and 'corrie' in peace not to mention having the whole bed to yourself, the list is endless!!

And I'm going to have to finish the alcohol all by myself as well. Oh dear
Old Feb 8th 2006, 3:30 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see things are finally working out for you Anne. We've missed you on here
Old Feb 8th 2006, 3:37 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear you sounding so positive again Anne!

Remember to keep in touch - we're going through these last couple of weeks together ok - I'm gonna need you! LOL :scared:

Off to Tesco now for some Jeyes!!

Take care

Rach xxxx
Old Feb 8th 2006, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Great to hear you so positive Anne. The 4 weeks will fly by I'm sure. My hubby is leaving before us too (27th Feb - we leave on 31 March) but we're used to him being away . Good luck with all the arrangements you've got left to make.
TJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.