my dog.......

Old Nov 29th 2005, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

kyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nice
Default my dog.......

i know i am gonna get slaughtered for this post because it is a ''woe is me'' post but..........
we have a one year old Staffy who is like our third child.
He had a heart attack yesterday and another one today.
He has had an e.c.g and is being taken into hospital for a week of tests tomorrow.
The only thing the vet has been able to tell us so far is Reuben's (my dog) heart won't make the flight as his condition would be made worse by stress!!!
My dog is a mess bless him...i can't even begin to think about going to Australia without him and even if we did who would want a Staffy with a bad heart!!
ok...sorry moan over!!!
Old Nov 29th 2005, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: my dog.......

Awww, poor you and poor Reuben . Better that you find him a caring home (and someone will want him) than risk killing him on a flight. At least you'll know you did the right thing by him.

I hope everything goes well for him in hospital.
Take care
TJ
Old Nov 29th 2005, 4:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Really sorry to hear about your dog, hope that whatever the underlying problem is it is a relatively simple one... okay at the moment he can't fly, but with treatment there may be hope?

If he can't fly You WILL find some one who will have him and love him even if in the long run he can't go to Oz with you....

Good luck, let us know how the tests go... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you..
Old Nov 29th 2005, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Kylie,
I know just how you feel (going thru something similar with my boxer)
Hope things go well with the tests and that its not too bad
Hilary
sent u some k
Old Nov 29th 2005, 5:04 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kyliecuteass
i know i am gonna get slaughtered for this post because it is a ''woe is me'' post but..........
He has had an e.c.g and is being taken into hospital for a week of tests tomorrow.
The only thing the vet has been able to tell us so far is Reuben's (my dog) heart won't make the flight as his condition would be made worse by stress!!!
My dog is a mess bless him...i can't even begin to think about going to Australia without him and even if we did who would want a Staffy with a bad heart!!
ok...sorry moan over!!!
Oh poor Reuben...It's better that he stays here with someone here than take the risk. I know I'd be absolutely devastated if it were my dog, but I'm sure you will find him an excellent home with someone who will love him as much if not more....

Rachel
Old Nov 29th 2005, 5:09 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

How does he smell?
Edit: wrong post, meant for the other dog without a nose.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 6:33 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

ok...sorry moan over!!!
Whoever slaughters people for having problems they feel they need to share with others (which there is nothing wrong with) are losers and are not worth bothering with

So sorry to hear about your dog. That's a young age for a dog to have heart attack. I agree with the others really. Unless there's something that can be done for him, it would be kinder to find him a new home, rather than he take poorly on the long flight over there.

I know it's hard, and some people think we are silly for loving our pets the way we do, but think what's best for poor Reuben in the long run, and you'll have made the right decision

Good luck

Tia x
Old Nov 29th 2005, 6:34 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

ok...sorry moan over!!!
Ah mate, I'm so sorry to hear about Reuben. I know exactly what you mean, our Milly is our third child and we would be disconsolate without her.

My thoughts are with you....what an awful decision to have to make.

D D
Old Nov 29th 2005, 6:41 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Ahh bless you. I know I would be distraught if it was either of my two dogs. I hope that they can sort him out. But if not, I'm sure that there are plenty of people who would love him anyway.

Best of luck.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

kyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nice

Thanks so much for your kind replies.
My little Rueban is in the Hospital now having tests
i will update this thread and let you know the out come x x x x x x x x x