Reload this Page >

My daughters views of Perth so far.....

My daughters views of Perth so far.....

Old Apr 7th 2003, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Lauren

Glad to see you are enjoying it !!

Take care and enjoy your new home and friends.

footie chick
Old Apr 7th 2003, 7:21 pm
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Lauren

I,m really glad you started this thread i didnt know there was lots of other kids doing the same as me. I am going to be very upset saying goodbye to my nan and grandad as well, they are very upset I am leaving ( and sometimes shout at my dad ) I close my ears and dont listen to the cross bits. I think they are just very upset. My other grandma and grandad live in Oz and have got some kangeroos. I visited them last year and fed one it was great. I am looking forward to doing that again. My little brother Ben sometimes says hes not going but I think hes just kidding.
Well its great to talk to some more kids

Love Anna
Old Apr 7th 2003, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

bozzy's is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lauren

thank you for starting this thread too!

My two sons are hopefully starting Beamaris Primary school in July. We fly out to Perth on the 14th July not knowing what to expect of our new lives. its all very scary!

Craig is 11 and Jamie is 6. they are very excited about their adventure and it would be great if you could tell them more about the area of Ocean Reef and your secondary school

We have never visited australia before and our only contact is a friend of a friend who has e-mailed us with loads of info. she has been a life line and we cant wait to meet her. she lives in Illuka and has no children.

Any info from u would be fantastic for the boys.

we have e-mailed you

Andrea ( craig and jamie's mum )
Old Apr 8th 2003, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

hollywood110 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by brox
HI Lauren

I,m really glad you started this thread i didnt know there was lots of other kids doing the same as me. I am going to be very upset saying goodbye to my nan and grandad as well, they are very upset I am leaving ( and sometimes shout at my dad ) I close my ears and dont listen to the cross bits. I think they are just very upset. My other grandma and grandad live in Oz and have got some kangeroos. I visited them last year and fed one it was great. I am looking forward to doing that again. My little brother Ben sometimes says hes not going but I think hes just kidding.
Well its great to talk to some more kids

Love Anna
Hi anna!
I didnt realize how many kids were moving to australia either! I know, it is lovely to feed the kangeroos , and it is fun to feed some of the parrots but other ones are nasty and scratch alot. Are you moving to the same area as where your nan and grandad live? You are lucky because you already have family out here. When my mum said i should start a new thread i didnt really want to , i wanted to write on someone elses, but i have got so many replies, mainly from parents saying thank you!
i hope you like it out here when you come out here for good.

love lauren
Old Apr 8th 2003, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

hollywood110 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by andie
we are going to brisbane on the 1st june, we are flying with singapore airlines, my moms been before but i havent, where abouts in australia are you living? what is your school called, is it nice? i am 11, my sister is 13, will we be in the same school? have you seen a spider yet, or a snake. have you seen any kangeroos or koalas? did you take any pets with you, my dog is coming with us, she will be very lonely without us while she is in the kennels. im glad you like australia i hope that i do, and i make lots of friends. love lyndi :scared: :lecture: :PARTY:

hi lyndi!
we have flown with singapore airlines twice and they are really nice and they have got lots of games and movies and music. If you get a new plane, you will be able to start and stop the movie on your screen whenever you want instead of usually just having to watch a movie at a certain time. The same with music, older planes have a set playlist, but the on new ones you can pick your own playlist!
My school is called Ocean Reef Senior High School and it is a really nice school. Your sister will probably be in year 8 or maybe 9 which is in the high school, and you will be in year 6 or probably 7 in the primary school, coz primary is from kindy- preschool- 1-7 out here and high school is for yrs 8 -12.
We didnt take any pets.
Im sure you will make lots of freinds because i did really easily!

love from lauren!