Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My daughters views of Perth so far.....

My daughters views of Perth so far.....

Old Apr 5th 2003, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

hollywood110 is on a distinguished road
Default My daughters views of Perth so far.....

Hi ya everyone
My name is Lauren and I'm 12. We moved out here 6 weeks ago and i love it! Everyone was so friendly when i first started at my school (ocean reef senior high school) it was really easy to make friends. I've only been there for just over 5 weeks but i have already got lots of friends. I dont really miss all my mates back in England that much, and to tell the truth i prefer my mates out here already! I like it because it is so great to be able to come home from school and go in the swimming pool!, the school uniform is alot better ( jeans and sneakers and a blue or white polo shirt) Ive got 2 little brothers(3 and 5) who love it at their school as well and we all prefer it out here to cold, rainy England!
If any kids who are coming over here have any doubts about moving, my advice is to not worry about it and im sure that it will be really easy to make friends and that
If any one has any questions feel free to ask!!!

from lauren !

Old Apr 5th 2003, 6:49 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Hi Lauren

Hi Lauren - sent you a PM

be in touch
Old Apr 5th 2003, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

lace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant future
Default Re: My daughters views of Perth so far.....

hi Lauren,
nice to hear you have made friends easily,
i'll let my daughter read this post and maybe it will
change her mind about going(she is also 12).

ty

Originally posted by hollywood110
Hi ya everyone
My name is Lauren and I'm 12. We moved out here 6 weeks ago and i love it! Everyone was so friendly when i first started at my school (ocean reef senior high school) it was really easy to make friends. I've only been there for just over 5 weeks but i have already got lots of friends. I dont really miss all my mates back in England that much, and to tell the truth i prefer my mates out here already! I like it because it is so great to be able to come home from school and go in the swimming pool!, the school uniform is alot better ( jeans and sneakers and a blue or white polo shirt) Ive got 2 little brothers(3 and 5) who love it at their school as well and we all prefer it out here to cold, rainy England!
If any kids who are coming over here have any doubts about moving, my advice is to not worry about it and im sure that it will be really easy to make friends and that

from lauren !

Old Apr 5th 2003, 9:57 am
Just Joined

lindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lauren,
Thank you so much for that as my daughter Rebecca is so worried about not making new friends, she is only 8 and is quite shy and does not like to ask questions, so in concerned about starting a new school, I keep telling her all the children will be friendly but it is mostly wishfull thinking on my part until now THANK YOU!!

Lindy
Old Apr 5th 2003, 11:53 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lauren
If we decide to live in or around ocean reef my 2 daughters will go there..well my 14 yr old will then my 10 yr old will later..i too will lwt them read this and they may write to you if thats ok??
Old Apr 5th 2003, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Ruffy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default my daughters views of perth so far

Hi Lauren
i am a father of two girls 5 and 8.
back 2 years ago when we first started applying for a permenent visa our number one concern was and still is how will our kids like the idea of leaving every thing behind and starting affresh.
I am sure this will put their minds at rest a little and mine.
we are nearly at the end off our application and have been to scared to tell them yet.
If you or any one has got any tips please let me know.
THANK YOU
Old Apr 5th 2003, 5:41 pm
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Lauren

My name is Anna, and I am 9 years old. Thankyou for letting me know how you are finding life in Oz. I am moving to Oz in 4 weeks time with my Mum, Dad and little brother Ben. I am now not worried about starting a new school thanks to your letter. I am moving about 1.5 hours south of Perth so I dont think I will be at the same school as you, but when I go up to Perth it would be nice to meet you.

Love
Anna Brockless aged 9
Old Apr 6th 2003, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by yvsie
Hi Lauren
If we decide to live in or around ocean reef my 2 daughters will go there..well my 14 yr old will then my 10 yr old will later..i too will lwt them read this and they may write to you if thats ok??
hi, I would love to write to your daughters, even if they are not moving to the Ocean Reef area to find out how they got on at their new schools in Aus (when you get here!) The 14 year old would be in year 9 (Im in year 8) and the 10 year old would probably be in year 6 in the primary school(My little brothers both go to Beaumaris primary and are getting on well.Its a great school) If you want Your daughters may email me.

from lauren
Old Apr 6th 2003, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by brox
HI Lauren

My name is Anna, and I am 9 years old. Thankyou for letting me know how you are finding life in Oz. I am moving to Oz in 4 weeks time with my Mum, Dad and little brother Ben. I am now not worried about starting a new school thanks to your letter. I am moving about 1.5 hours south of Perth so I dont think I will be at the same school as you, but when I go up to Perth it would be nice to meet you.

Love
Anna Brockless aged 9
Hi Anna!
You dont need to worry at all about starting a new school , because me and both my brothers found it really easy to settle down and make lots of friends. Whereabouts are you moving? Please let me know how you get on at your new school,i would love to hear from you. I hope you like it over here Have you been out here before?
If you havent it is gorgeous. The weather is nearly always warm but when it rains , not that often, it RAINS!!

from
lauren

PS Dont forget your sunglasses!!
Old Apr 6th 2003, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: my daughters views of perth so far

Originally posted by Ruffy
Hi Lauren
i am a father of two girls 5 and 8.
back 2 years ago when we first started applying for a permenent visa our number one concern was and still is how will our kids like the idea of leaving every thing behind and starting affresh.
I am sure this will put their minds at rest a little and mine.
we are nearly at the end off our application and have been to scared to tell them yet.
If you or any one has got any tips please let me know.
THANK YOU

hi
Your kids will probably be fine starting afresh, we all were and now prefer it out here by miles! There are alot of people at my school who have came over from England and all but 1 love it over here. Everyone out here is really friendly and polite, kids and the adults.
Old Apr 7th 2003, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future
Default Re: My daughters views of Perth so far.....

Originally posted by hollywood110
Hi ya everyone

from lauren !

What a great kid you are, Your mom and dad must be very proud, nice to hear you like school my Grand kids go to school in jeans and sweaters to. (I'm in Canada).
will you will lose your accent do you think ???.
Old Apr 7th 2003, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

hi lauren, i am moving to oz, in 7 weeks time, and i am so excited, i am nervous about the plane, is it very boring and uncomfortable. i am also worried about saying bye to my nan, who is so sad that we are leaving, did you get upset when you said bye to everyone. im glad you are happy, lots of love and good luck, and dont forget to put your sunscreen on. from lyndi. xxx :PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:
Old Apr 7th 2003, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

hi lauren, i am moving to oz, in 7 weeks time, and i am so excited, i am nervous about the plane, is it very boring and uncomfortable. i am also worried about saying bye to my nan, who is so sad that we are leaving, did you get upset when you said bye to everyone. im glad you are happy, lots of love and good luck, and dont forget to put your sunscreen on. from lyndi. xxx :PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:
Old Apr 7th 2003, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by andie

Hi lyndi!

The plane journey depends entirely on who u are flying with. W ehave flown with singapore and malaysian airlines and because they both have a huge varitey of games, music and movies the time passed quite quickly. Have u been over here before? We all got upset when we said bye to our family but i wasnt that upset when i left all my mates and i made new ones out here really quickly so im fine!Whereabouts are you moving?
Love from Lauren.
Old Apr 7th 2003, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

we are going to brisbane on the 1st june, we are flying with singapore airlines, my moms been before but i havent, where abouts in australia are you living? what is your school called, is it nice? i am 11, my sister is 13, will we be in the same school? have you seen a spider yet, or a snake. have you seen any kangeroos or koalas? did you take any pets with you, my dog is coming with us, she will be very lonely without us while she is in the kennels. im glad you like australia i hope that i do, and i make lots of friends. love lyndi :scared: :lecture: :PARTY:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.