Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My Dad Got Knocked Down Tonight

My Dad Got Knocked Down Tonight

Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:21 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Dad Got Knocked Down Tonight

I Recieved a phone call at 7 pm tonight from my mum to say that my dad had been knocked down and badly injured at a set of traffic lights.

He had left work early to do some christmas shopping and as he crossed at a set of lights was knocked down, he goes into theatre in an hour for an operation on a double leg break.

I dont know what more to say, i cannot express in words how i felt when i first seen my Dad lying there, i did not handle it well, my heart was breaking for my mum, i phoned Donna and could not hold it together on the phone either.

I honestly dont know what else to say.

Malcolm
Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:23 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My Dad Got Knocked Down Tonight

Originally Posted by madsad
I Recieved a phone call at 7 pm tonight from my mum to say that my dad had been knocked down and badly injured at a set of traffic lights.

He had left work early to do some christmas shopping and as he crossed at a set of lights was knocked down, he goes into theatre in an hour for an operation on a double leg break.

I dont know what more to say, i cannot express in words how i felt when i first seen my Dad lying there, i did not handle it well, my heart was breaking for my mum, i phoned Donna and could not hold it together on the phone either.

Malcolm
So sorry to hear about your Dad - best wishes go out to him and to you and your family. Let us know how he gets on will you?
Cas x
Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

sue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura about

Malcolm
OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

LOVE SUE
Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:24 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Malcolm

Oh Jesus you guys! This is terrible....I am really thinking of you both right now, it seems to be one thing after another. I really hope your Dad is ok .Please let us all kno whos he is!

Big hugs,

I am so sorry.

Lucy
xxxxxxx
Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:25 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Malcolm
Oh Dear

I hope he is OK.

You really are having a rough time at the moment.

Let's hope things start looking up for you soon.

Maybe in time for Christmas

Best wishes

G
Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

really sorry about your dads accident , i hope his op goes smoothly, you take care

all the best

debbie x
Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:30 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Malcolm

OH MY GOD, hope he is going to be ok.
Johanne
Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:33 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Malcolm
Oh Malcolm!

What can I say? So, so sorry. I guess you could say that your dad was lucky in that he only sustained a broken leg. I always try to find a positive within a negative, but this one is hard.

Just hang in there mate, I'm sure your dad will be fine. Get the operation over with and your mum will start to feel a bit more at ease as well.

Thinking of you....

D D
Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:35 pm
Cheeky

Donna and Malcolm,

Oh no. I dont know what to say.

I hope your Dad is ok. Hope you guys are ok.

Sending hugs,

Cheeky
xxxx

Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

thats dreadful news.. sending you best wishes and i hope he recovers soon
Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:46 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm & Donna,

I really can't believe the amount of crap you seem to be going through - it's just one thing after another!!! You really really really deserve a break now!!!

I really feel for you guys and I hope your dad is OK and recovers from this quickly!!!

Sending you some karma!!!!

Shell
x
Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:47 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Just tried to send you karma but it won't let me!!!
Sorry!!!
Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:53 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I took a similar call myself 3 years ago so I know what you must be going through. My thoughts are with you. Trying to be positive, luck tends to even itself out in time.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:53 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

I tried to call Donna too but without luck and its late.

Malcom and Donna I hope you are dad is ok. I will do all the prayers I know and wish to all the indian gods for his better health.

Badri
Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:59 pm
Cotswolds to Perth

Fremantleraider will become famous soon enough

What can i say that has not already been said!

My thoughts to you and your family!

I hope your dad gets over his op!

FremantleRaider

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.