Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

my citizenship - will it help my sis emigrate ?

my citizenship - will it help my sis emigrate ?

Old Apr 1st 2005, 5:10 am
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice
Question my citizenship - will it help my sis emigrate ?

G'day all,

I'm coming up to my 2nd anniversary in Aus.. time flies when you're wearing shorts.

My sister wants to emigrate but is having trouble figuring out the best (if any) route to apply. I'm going to apply for citizenship as soon as I'm eligible (May) and would be prepared to sponsor her.

She and her husband (38 + 39 yrs) have owned and run a fruit and veg shop for 10+ years, they have no useful qualifications or trade skills. They own their house and business outright, no debts. Do they have any hope of emigrating to Aus ?
Old Apr 1st 2005, 11:30 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: my citizenship - will it help my sis emigrate ?

Originally Posted by welshpom
G'day all,

I'm coming up to my 2nd anniversary in Aus.. time flies when you're wearing shorts.

My sister wants to emigrate but is having trouble figuring out the best (if any) route to apply. I'm going to apply for citizenship as soon as I'm eligible (May) and would be prepared to sponsor her.

She and her husband (38 + 39 yrs) have owned and run a fruit and veg shop for 10+ years, they have no useful qualifications or trade skills. They own their house and business outright, no debts. Do they have any hope of emigrating to Aus ?

They should look at the following to see if they have a chance of meeting the requirements:

- business skill migration (no sponsorship from you); or
- if neither have any close relatives in the UK (parents, siblings, adult children) then the remaining relative visa.

If neither of these work then it's likely going to be a struggle.

Jeremy
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 1:24 am
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice
Default Re: my citizenship - will it help my sis emigrate ?

Originally Posted by JAJ
They should look at the following to see if they have a chance of meeting the requirements:

- business skill migration (no sponsorship from you); or
- if neither have any close relatives in the UK (parents, siblings, adult children) then the remaining relative visa.

If neither of these work then it's likely going to be a struggle.

Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy. Basically they need to get off their arses and think up a business plan.