Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My bloody foxtel has packed in now.

My bloody foxtel has packed in now.

Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:16 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default My bloody foxtel has packed in now.

And no engineer free until Tuesday, so stuck in the house with two kids and no TV
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice
Default Re: My bloody foxtel has packed in now.

Originally Posted by fraser
And no engineer free until Tuesday, so stuck in the house with two kids and no TV
your not having the best of days.

To top it off it is now raining, you could watch the storm
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! are you usually this unlucky???

Sue x
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:24 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

You have Foxtell but cant afford insurance???
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:26 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine packs in regulalry. Have to reboot and hold various buttons. Think it's in their manual or on their web site. Worth a try!
Failing that get an aerial and watch true Aussie terrestial TV.

Andrew
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:26 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Hels
Just what I was thinking. Now you're just being silly.
Foxtel Smoxtel, get your priorities right mate.
I had sympathy, now I think you're taking the 'p'.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:29 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I have foxtel it costs me $50 a month so that I can watch my football and the kids can watch TV as we can't get terrestrial TV .

We don't go out we do nothing sorry if this offends you, maybe you would be happy if we played charades for entertainment.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

S J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant future
Talking Re: My bloody foxtel has packed in now.

Originally Posted by gedge
Just what I was thinking. Now you're just being silly.
Foxtel Smoxtel, get your priorities right mate.
I had sympathy, now I think you're taking the 'p'.
Can`t even tell you to drown your sorrows with a beer or two. Unlucky mate, I know my husband would freak without his access to sport, and some good news channels but hey there are worse things in life than not having sky tv. You`ll just have to watch Neighbours and Home and Away tonight - not as painful as you may think!!

SJ
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by S J Jackson
Can`t even tell you to drown your sorrows with a beer or two. Unlucky mate, I know my husband would freak without his access to sport, and some good news channels but hey there are worse things in life than not having sky tv. You`ll just have to watch Neighbours and Home and Away tonight - not as painful as you may think!!

SJ
But we don't have normal TV, we can't get it as still have our UK TV which is why we have foxtel.

Although some think I'm not entitled to it.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:35 am
Account Closed

Yes I have foxtel it costs me $50 a month so that I can watch my football and the kids can watch TV as we can't get terrestrial TV .

We don't go out we do nothing sorry if this offends you, maybe you would be happy if we played charades for entertainment.

$50 per month??? How many months have you had it for???

Probably more than the 2 months that would have covered the $100 video you didnt want to pay to watch free TV!!

Nothing you do offends me per say, however it really alarms me that you think not paying $100 for a video and paying $50 per month for Foxtel, then not having insurance is good common sense???

The reason I was giving you such a hard time about the insurance is that I was concerned for you, not just for the fun of it......perhaps it didnt come out that way, but it was the way it was intended.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:36 am
Grumpy Old Woman!!

Moody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by S J Jackson

SJ
We have just moved house, less than 3 mins drive away and we have had to wait 3 weeks for the Foxtel chap to come and set us up despite the fact that the previous owners had the dish already and we can get a signal....they just won't press the button to send us the channels - how mad is that??? And they want to charge us $99 for the chap to look and say "oh yeah, its all set up" - B@rst@ds!!!

MC
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:40 am

$50 per month??? How many months have you had it for???

Probably more than the 2 months that would have covered the $100 video you didnt want to pay to watch free TV!!

Nothing you do offends me per say, however it really alarms me that you think not paying $100 for a video and paying $50 per month for Foxtel, then not having insurance is good common sense???

The reason I was giving you such a hard time about the insurance is that I was concerned for you, not just for the fun of it......perhaps it didnt come out that way, but it was the way it was intended.
Concerned for me why? I'm a grown man and I know the risk I take with driving without insurance and if I have to pay out so be it I wont shirk my responsibilities as you'd accused me of.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:40 am
Account Closed

Although some think I'm not entitled to it.

I didnt say you werent entitled to it.....You're the one crying poor!!
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:43 am
Account Closed

Concerned for me why? I'm a grown man and I know the risk I take with driving without insurance and if I have to pay out so be it I wont shirk my responsibilities as you'd accused me of.

I never once said I thought you wouldnt pay up!!

It was you that said you have JUST enough money for your house, you have JUST enough to live on and you want to risk that for the cost of insurance???

I just think its madness....
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

S J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Moody Cow
We have just moved house, less than 3 mins drive away and we have had to wait 3 weeks for the Foxtel chap to come and set us up despite the fact that the previous owners had the dish already and we can get a signal....they just won't press the button to send us the channels - how mad is that??? And they want to charge us $99 for the chap to look and say "oh yeah, its all set up" - B@rst@ds!!!

MC
We had the same problem with our UK TVs - we had to tune them through a vcr. If you have a vcr you could try that - we picked up an old one recently in the trash and treasure section of the local paper - only about $20 so well worth it. There are some good programmes on terrestrial tv which I like - hubby prefers Austar though as loads of sport and loads of choice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.