Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My bloody boss!!!

My bloody boss!!!

Old Aug 16th 2005, 2:43 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My bloody boss!!!

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
LOL! Bix, you are sooo full of it today - in fact, make that most days!

Nicky
I am but a simple messanger sent by The Order of the Bone to tickle your fancy.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 2:45 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ninijon
I am a big believer in what goes around comes around, they will get theirs!
Oh, are they getting a visa for Australia too ?

Well said
Old Aug 16th 2005, 2:46 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Ah Fabie, just smile serenely at them and think, "in a couple of months when you are still here slogging away, I will be sat on a beach, living my dream" and give them the mental finger.

Like Bix said it is pure jealousy. And the fact that they will have to work a bit harder for a bit longer.

You just get yourself better girl.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bix
I shall take a mental picture of your image with me always.

When I hear people talking about beautiful women your image will enlighten my mind.
LOL!
Old Aug 16th 2005, 3:20 pm
BLC

Originally Posted by swissfabs
Sorry guys, this is not really related with Australia directly, but for those of you who have been following me for the last year or so on this forum, you might know that i had to give 4.5 months notice at work....

To say the least, my boss didnt talk to me for a week when i told her i was leaving...

Anyway, i now have 1 month left and my holidays are planned in 5 days. The thing is, after many echographies, doc's appointments and a CT scan this morning, we finally found why my stomach had been hurting so much for the last month. Well, i have a bad torsion in my right ligament, just below my stomach. (same thing that happens in your elbow when you play tennis too much). This is actually good news cause we thought it would be a hernia and needed surgery. All i need is to rest at home for a week.

Imagine the reaction of my boss when i walked in (had already called work to pre-warn them). She saw me, didnt EVEN ask how my scanner went and all she said it "when are you coming back to work this week?" which I answered with a "i am not, the doc advised i stay at home this week".

Then she walked out. My other colleague, who is a sweetheart (usually) was pissed off cause she would have more work... she said that if i had to have surgery she would have understood but she said i could have kept on working till my holiday and i would rest then!!!! can u imagine? if i did that i wouldnt even be able to walk next week!

Anyway, sorry to rant but i am very disappointed by my workmates and my boss. Needless to say that i too kind and i am checking my mails from home and called my customers to give them my mobile number....

Thanks for your support!

Broken fabie

The world seems to be full of crap arse bosses, sending you karma.

B

Old Aug 16th 2005, 3:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot believe how unprofessional and callous people can be. Is her attitude reflective of her other management practices?

Hope that you're resting up well, and not going spare.

Old Aug 16th 2005, 4:47 pm
Professional Princess

Sorry guys, this is not really related with Australia directly, but for those of you who have been following me for the last year or so on this forum, you might know that i had to give 4.5 months notice at work....

To say the least, my boss didnt talk to me for a week when i told her i was leaving...

Anyway, i now have 1 month left and my holidays are planned in 5 days. The thing is, after many echographies, doc's appointments and a CT scan this morning, we finally found why my stomach had been hurting so much for the last month. Well, i have a bad torsion in my right ligament, just below my stomach. (same thing that happens in your elbow when you play tennis too much). This is actually good news cause we thought it would be a hernia and needed surgery. All i need is to rest at home for a week.

Imagine the reaction of my boss when i walked in (had already called work to pre-warn them). She saw me, didnt EVEN ask how my scanner went and all she said it "when are you coming back to work this week?" which I answered with a "i am not, the doc advised i stay at home this week".

Then she walked out. My other colleague, who is a sweetheart (usually) was pissed off cause she would have more work... she said that if i had to have surgery she would have understood but she said i could have kept on working till my holiday and i would rest then!!!! can u imagine? if i did that i wouldnt even be able to walk next week!

Anyway, sorry to rant but i am very disappointed by my workmates and my boss. Needless to say that i too kind and i am checking my mails from home and called my customers to give them my mobile number....

Thanks for your support!

Broken fabie

Sometimes the people that you think you can count on when you need to are the last people.

And at the end of the day, you stand alone when it comes to your health.

So you take the time off work and look after yourself and get better because they are not going to help you, look after you and support you and they wont lose any sleep over you either.

You have a new life to look forward to and their life remains the same.

Get better and use the time off to indulge something else you enjoy but perhaps havent had time to do such as writing, reading - anything at all.

And when you see them again - treat them as you would any rude person, with ice cold politeness and place yourself in a place where they cant touch you - way above them.

Good luck

Old Aug 16th 2005, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Sometimes the people that you think you can count on when you need to are the last people.

And at the end of the day, you stand alone when it comes to your health.

So you take the time off work and look after yourself and get better because they are not going to help you, look after you and support you and they wont lose any sleep over you either.

You have a new life to look forward to and their life remains the same.

Get better and use the time off to indulge something else you enjoy but perhaps havent had time to do such as writing, reading - anything at all.

And when you see them again - treat them as you would any rude person, with ice cold politeness and place yourself in a place where they cant touch you - way above them.

Good luck
Thank you very much PPrincess,

I shall try and remember that... they are generally so nice and when i miss work they get really p*** off. Will not see them again, but will stay polite till the end.

Thanks for your kind words and for taking the time to write such a kind email.

fabie
Old Aug 16th 2005, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

the3leadbetters is an unknown quantity at this point

I've worked for the same firm for 11 years. I told them last December that I had (finally) got my visa and would be leaving some time after March. The house didn't sell as quick as we had hoped though and I couldn't give them a definate leaving date, although I kept telling them that I would definately be out there by October.

I gave my notice in last week - giving them 6 weeks notice - and they are now excluding me from everything! What 'not-nice-people' they have turned out to be.

I want to walk out now and leave, but I still have bills to pay until we leave.

Makes me want to re-write my resignation letter for sure.

Why do bosses do this?
Old Aug 16th 2005, 8:19 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for your support!

Broken fabie

if you like to PM you bosses phone number I can ring her every 5 minutes from work and put the phone down as soon as she answer. Very petty I know bit it p1sses off my work coleagues when I do it to them. Alternatively, send a fax to her desk phone.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

What a bunch of muppets, they are probably jealous. Take it easy and i hope you feel better soon
Old Aug 17th 2005, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
I shall take a mental picture of your image with me always.

When I hear people talking about beautiful women your image will enlighten my mind.

Oh yeah My beautiful image not enough for you anymore then dear husband

Oh well, Esplanade here I come - come on you gorgeous sun tanned hunks -

BTW - I also think your boss/colleagues are out of order! Like others have said, its got to be jealousy! Why can't they just be HAPPY for you eh - honestly, SOME PEOPLE they need a kick up the bum

You just take care of yourself - and do as the doc ordered - rest - cause boy you're gonna be busy in a few weeks time girl!!!

Gill
X
Old Aug 17th 2005, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Alan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for your support!

Broken fabie

Perhaps they are not your "mates" anymore!!

Tell them to "do one" and get over it....you are moving on to better things!!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 5:47 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
Oh yeah My beautiful image not enough for you anymore then dear husband

Oh well, Esplanade here I come - come on you gorgeous sun tanned hunks -

Gill
X
I notice Bix went very quiet after this!!! Classic one!!! I though you were keeping him on a tight leash until after his driving test, Gill?

Nicky
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your support!

Broken fabie

My God Fabie, what kind of people do you work with!? Like someone else on this thread has said, I can only imagine they must be quite jealous. Chill out, get yourself better, and here's some Karma to help you on your way....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.