Reload this Page >

My beautiful dog please help

My beautiful dog please help

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

brummie bird is on a distinguished road
Default My beautiful dog please help

Hello all,

To my dismay we have decided for lots of reasons not to take my dog to perth, we go about May.

He is KC registered Border collie, long haired. Does anyone know any border collie enthusiasts who might want my georgeous doggie??

I have spoilt him a little, which will now cause a problem, always fussing and loving him cuddling him to sleep etc!!!!!

Any ideas Im in Worcestershire.

Cheers for any help or advice.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 8:10 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

God if we weren't going I'd have him but I don't think Mr Pollster will be too impressed if I present him with another dog to finance to NZ.

Why have you decided not to take him, Brummie Bird?
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 8:12 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My beautiful dog please help

Originally posted by brummie bird
Hello all,

To my dismay we have decided for lots of reasons not to take my dog to perth, we go about May.

He is KC registered Border collie, long haired. Does anyone know any border collie enthusiasts who might want my georgeous doggie??

I have spoilt him a little, which will now cause a problem, always fussing and loving him cuddling him to sleep etc!!!!!

Any ideas Im in Worcestershire.

Cheers for any help or advice.

Thats sad and you must have your reasons.

Try this link if you get stuck, we breed dogs and rescue centres are inundated with dogs and new owner enquiries, they may be able to help.

http://www.bcrescue.org/
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Boo-hoo, I've always wanted a border collie. I would have him as I am back in the Uk but I am having a baby in March and need to learn how to cope with that first before I get a dog as well!!

You poor thing, I am thinking of you cos it must be really hard to know you are leaving him

HP
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Pollster,

Because he is long haired he does get quite flustered in the heat, i think he will restrict what we rent, and we would like travel around a bit as well.

I really dont think its fair to fly him that distance,then quarantine him.

Someone out there will love him as much as me, (sniff,sniff) its making me cry, hes lying on my feet now!!

Angie.

ps.hes not making me cry BECAUSE hes lying on my feet, just before someone picks that up
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 8:28 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Pollster,

Because he is long haired he does get quite flustered in the heat, i think he will restrict what we rent, and we would like travel around a bit as well.

I really dont think its fair to fly him that distance,then quarantine him.

Someone out there will love him as much as me, (sniff,sniff) its making me cry, hes lying on my feet now!!

Angie.

ps.hes not making me cry BECAUSE hes lying on my feet, just before someone picks that up

Flight 23 hrs
Quaranteen 30 days

end of pain

dog and owner reunite !

Happy days

!
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Timber,

I cant work out what country that Bordie collie rescue web site is, its not england is it?

Angie
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:02 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

I think it`s weak not to take him.

30 days quarantine is nothing, especially as you can see him whenever you want and play with him while he`s there.

It`s a million times easier to rent in Aus with a dog. You can even keep the dog outside most of the time, unlike the UK.

You can shave it`s hair off to help it with any heat.... but most dogs soon adapt anyway.... my in-laws have some shaggy mountain dog you could make 3 blankets with.... she survives.

As for travelling... sure, dogs can be a pain, but you can put the dog in a kennel or with friends when you need to. No doubt you`ll make lot`s of friends.

The only valid excuses someone can make for not taking their dog is the cost of it.... and if their dod is at death`s door.

Any other reasons are just selfish.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

That is a very unfair judgement to make, there are many different and valid reasons not to bring a dog. No one knows a dogs personality better than the owner. Surely it is far more responsible to try to find a good loving home for it as Brummie is doing, rather than take it somewhere she doesnt feel it would be happy...
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Hello Stormz,

You have upset me quite a lot calling me selfish, when this is a really emotional time for us. When i have looked at rental houses 9 out of ten say no pets, I dont want to end up in what noone else wants, ive got the kids to settle as well, it needs to be nice and clean.

If i can rent as easily with George, and it seems that dogs aclimatise well, then i will take him, but please dont call me selfish, when you have no idea how hard this is for me.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by podgypossum
That is a very unfair judgement to make, there are many different and valid reasons not to bring a dog. No one knows a dogs personality better than the owner. Surely it is far more responsible to try to find a good loving home for it as Brummie is doing, rather than take it somewhere she doesnt feel it would be happy...

Thanks for the support PP.

Angie.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Dont let words on a screen upset you Brummie...you do what YOU think is best and take no notice of nasty throw away comments from elsewhere
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:14 am
Banned

Thanks Timber,

I cant work out what country that Bordie collie rescue web site is, its not england is it?

Angie

Good point !! Texas pmsl
Try HONNILEY national canin defence league nr warwick
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Juls is an unknown quantity at this point

Well said PP, people shouldn't judge like this it's so not fair !
We had to give up our 12 yr old Springer Spaniel when our daughter was only 7 months old because the dog was jealous of our daughter and had almost nipped at her hand. No one knows what my husband and myself went through to give Sadie up we had her when she was a pup. Brummie take no notice you do want it takes.

Juls
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:22 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Angie I really feel for you but I am sure he would adapt - I can sympathise with your concerns but dogs just get on with things.

as for renting - we are in the same boat as we are taking my Springer with us ( who has just gone up to the vets for stiches in her paw as she has slashed it - second time in a week - different paw ) and although it may restrict us a little it just means we will have to buy fairly quickly.

anyhow, I am sure you have been through it all yourselves - I had to leave my collie behind in a relationship breakup 5/6 years ago and it broke my heart so I know what you are going through.

Couldn't you reconsider?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.