British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   My Baby's 2!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/my-babys-2-a-337233/)

herrchook Nov 13th 2005 8:11 pm

My Baby's 2!!!

OMG, where are the years going. My baby is 2 years old today and we just had a lovely party for her with all the family on both sides (could be the last one here so thought we'd better do it right).

I can't believe that just 2 years ago today, I started the day bobbing about on an inflatable ball!! and ended up bringing a new baby home. I have desperately tried to keep her my baby, but she's just grown up soooo quickly - much faster than my eldest has.

She asked us Why? for the first time yesterday - wasn't it just yesterday I saw her smile for the first time? (tears in my eyes now).

I love my kids so much it hurts. Just had to share. :)

fraser Nov 13th 2005 8:16 pm

Re: My Baby's 2!!!

Originally Posted by herrchook
OMG, where are the years going. My baby is 2 years old today and we just had a lovely party for her with all the family on both sides (could be the last one here so thought we'd better do it right).

I can't believe that just 2 years ago today, I started the day bobbing about on an inflatable ball!! and ended up bringing a new baby home. I have desperately tried to keep her my baby, but she's just grown up soooo quickly - much faster than my eldest has.

She asked us Why? for the first time yesterday - wasn't it just yesterday I saw her smile for the first time? (tears in my eyes now).

Our boy was two Thursday, I also love my kids so much it hurts about 30% of the time the rest of the time I just want to kill them :D

Mrs JFW Nov 13th 2005 8:17 pm

Herrchook,

they do grow up so fast...my babies are 5 (next month) and 10 (in January) :eek: I can't believe time has gone by so quickly. Its quite frightening really. I remember my eldest starting school when I was preggers with the little one. Now the little one has just started school :eek:
We have to cherish every moment don't we?.

Happy birthday to your little one! :)

herrchook Nov 13th 2005 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by fraser
Our boy was two Thursday, I also love my kids so much it hurts about 30% of the time the rest of the time I just want to kill them :D

Oh yeah!! I know that feeling VERY well - I've got 2 under 4 years. We have more tantrums and strops here in a day than I care to remember.

Oh the joys - and thank god for Supernanny :D

mand8002 Nov 13th 2005 8:22 pm

You need to enjoy every moment with them as they grow up so fast don't they. I can remember when my eldest went to high school, it seemed that I blinked and she was leaving school. I tried to keep the last child a baby for as long as possible, but she still grew up too quick for my liking. She is now 11 and approaching the teenage years, I am not sure where all the years have gone.

FRAYNE Nov 13th 2005 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Herrchook,

they do grow up so fast...my babies are 5 (next month) and 10 (in January) :eek: I can't believe time has gone by so quickly. Its quite frightening really. I remember my eldest starting school when I was preggers with the little one. Now the little one has just started school :eek:
We have to cherish every moment don't we?.

Happy birthday to your little one! :)

They do grow up so quick my baby is 30 soon and lives in oz but he will always be the baby of the family and i miss him lots he'd have a fit if he new i called him the baby

Stitch Nov 13th 2005 8:35 pm

Happy birthday to your baby!

Cheers

Ginny

The Johnstons Nov 13th 2005 8:38 pm

Happy Birthday littlest Chook! :D Glad you all had a lovely time. Isn't it lovely how you feel your heart could just burst when you look at them (until the tantrums make your head want to burst :D ). My girls are 8 & 5 and we still call Emily 'the baby' - much to her disgust :D .

fraser Nov 13th 2005 8:46 pm

Oh yeah!! I know that feeling VERY well - I've got 2 under 4 years. We have more tantrums and strops here in a day than I care to remember.

Oh the joys - and thank god for Supernanny :D

Our other one is four, our flight was interesting and we've been with them constantly for 13 weeks, not a minute away :eek:

The Johnstons Nov 13th 2005 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by fraser
Our other one is four, our flight was interesting and we've been with them constantly for 13 weeks, not a minute away :eek:

Has your brain been scrambled yet??

My hubby's in Melbourne for a few weeks just now, maybe he'll miss our girls so much he'll want to babysit for you to give you some time off :D .

Fat chance :rolleyes: :D

fraser Nov 13th 2005 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
Has your brain been scrambled yet??

My hubby's in Melbourne for a few weeks just now, maybe he'll miss our girls so much he'll want to babysit for you to give you some time off :D .

Fat chance :rolleyes: :D

Tease :D

The Johnstons Nov 13th 2005 8:54 pm

Sorry :p :D

fraser Nov 13th 2005 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
Sorry :p :D

It's alright I'll just go out on the piss with him, I think I've seen him at the ladies for gentlemen club :p

The Johnstons Nov 13th 2005 9:01 pm

And here's me believing him when he said he was all alone in that hotel room, missing us. What a mug :D .
TJ

Anastasia Beaverhausen Nov 13th 2005 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
They do grow up so quick my baby is 30 soon and lives in oz but he will always be the baby of the family and i miss him lots he'd have a fit if he new i called him the baby

I turned 30 last friday and my mum rang up in tears. She can believe both of her babies are now in their 30s. Sappy moo ;) :D