Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My £rd Week Living On The Gold Coast

My £rd Week Living On The Gold Coast

Old Apr 9th 2004, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold
Talking My 3rd Week Living On The Gold Coast

Hi everyone,

Happy Easter!

well what can I say, it's my third week here now, and I am loving it more than ever, if ever there is a paradise it has to be here.

The weather has been brilliant, my oldest daughter who is 6 is loving school and my youngest who is 4 is loving kindergarden, i'm at college and enjoying it and my hubby is practicing his surfing technique until his power tools arrive from the uk, he's a carpenter, there are so many jobs here it's unreal.

We are living in Arundel, 10 mins from surfers paradise, it's really lovely, there is just so so much to do and see, this weekend we are going to australia zoo and movie world, and on a saturday night on surfers paradise beach there is an open air cinema when everyone sits on the sand and watches a massive screen, last weekend it was finding nemo, there were 5,000 people there. we will go tomorrow night and there is also going to be a big easter fireworks display, which the kids will love.

Every night we sit outside to have our dinner, watch the sunset, with a few tinnies!!!!!!! what a truly beautiful country this is.
We have seen a few creepy crawlies, not many, but huge cockroaches, haven't met a big spider yet though.

We have found prices very much the same as the uk, except fuel, we can fill our car for around £18 works out 80-90 cents a litre, half of what the uk price is!

if anyone can think of anything they want to know, i'll try and answer it for you.

Happy easter

Lisa

Old Apr 9th 2004, 11:38 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

A Scotsman trying to surf !!! Hes a braver man than me flower.
Old Apr 9th 2004, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My 3rd Week Living On The Gold Coast

Originally posted by floweroscotland
Hi everyone,

Happy Easter!

well what can I say, it's my third week here now, and I am loving it more than ever, if ever there is a paradise it has to be here.

The weather has been brilliant, my oldest daughter who is 6 is loving school and my youngest who is 4 is loving kindergarden, i'm at college and enjoying it and my hubby is practicing his surfing technique until his power tools arrive from the uk, he's a carpenter, there are so many jobs here it's unreal.

We are living in Arundel, 10 mins from surfers paradise, it's really lovely, there is just so so much to do and see, this weekend we are going to australia zoo and movie world, and on a saturday night on surfers paradise beach there is an open air cinema when everyone sits on the sand and watches a massive screen, last weekend it was finding nemo, there were 5,000 people there. we will go tomorrow night and there is also going to be a big easter fireworks display, which the kids will love.

Every night we sit outside to have our dinner, watch the sunset, with a few tinnies!!!!!!! what a truly beautiful country this is.
We have seen a few creepy crawlies, not many, but huge cockroaches, haven't met a big spider yet though.

We have found prices very much the same as the uk, except fuel, we can fill our car for around £18 works out 80-90 cents a litre, half of what the uk price is!

if anyone can think of anything they want to know, i'll try and answer it for you.

Happy easter

Lisa
Hi there,

We are really pleased to hear you are actually living the dream
As I Have said we are heading over to see friends in Helensvale on May 15th and cant wait they have been there 4 years now and love every minute of it.

We have been looking at Arundel ourselves and it looks beautiful I mean take a look at this rental house we saw. How beautiful!

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...=&fmt=&header=

Keep up the postings even any negative ones, we love to hear from the lucky ones who are over there.
and we may pop in for a few when we are over.

Cheers and Good luck
Old Apr 9th 2004, 11:47 am
Soon to be Visas holders

pete n lisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Happy Easter!

Happy easter

Lisa

Lisa

So glad to hear that everything is going really well for you and your family, long may it continue, hoping to be out there around Aug/Sep, would love to hear more about Arundel, whats the average rental price?

Hope you have a great easter.

Love Lisa x
Old Apr 9th 2004, 11:54 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

We are living in Arundel, and on a saturday night on surfers paradise beach there is an open air cinema when everyone sits on the sand and watches a massive screen, last weekend it was finding nemo, there were 5,000 people there. we will go tomorrow night and there is also going to be a big easter fireworks display, which the kids will love.

Happy easter

Lisa

With 5000 people looking for Nemo, the only thing I want to know, is 'Did you find him?'
Old Apr 9th 2004, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough

Hello flower . was just wondering if there were plenty of bricklaying jobs? as my partner and i are coming over soon . also i am a cook and was wondering if they have school meals as thats the job i do at the mo. am ass, manager in kitchen

Have been reading your threads and it sonds amazing cant wait to get there . its been a while since you posted a thread was getting worried? thought you might have gone back home , as theres been talk of people going home on the forum and thought it might be u . look forward to your next thread .
jjl family
Old Apr 9th 2004, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough

please excuse my typing skills as they r very limited.
(basically i am useless)
Old Apr 9th 2004, 12:54 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

How did it work out for college(fee's etc).You probably have this in aprevious tread if u could provide alink?
Old Apr 9th 2004, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Dicko
Hi there,

We are really pleased to hear you are actually living the dream
As I Have said we are heading over to see friends in Helensvale on May 15th and cant wait they have been there 4 years now and love every minute of it.

We have been looking at Arundel ourselves and it looks beautiful I mean take a look at this rental house we saw. How beautiful!

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...=&fmt=&header=

Keep up the postings even any negative ones, we love to hear from the lucky ones who are over there.
and we may pop in for a few when we are over.

Cheers and Good luck
Dicko,

Arundel is really beautiful, only 10 mins from surfers paradise, the beach, good schools, all the theme parks, and 45 mins from Brisbane, some gorgeous houses, i feel so lucky to be living in one, this is mine, $350 a week, 4 beds, 3 bathrooms, brand new, and it a really lovely estate

Attached Thumbnails My £rd Week Living On The Gold Coast-000_0030.jpg  
Old Apr 9th 2004, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

oops sorry the pic is so big, it's not the house of the giants honestly!!!!!! i just don't know how to reduce the size, lets you see what you can get for your money though, this house is worth $500,000 and is renting for $350 a week, I think it's worth every penny and more

Lisa
Old Apr 9th 2004, 1:29 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

oops sorry the pic is so big,
Save this one to your disk, edit post and put this there instead

My good deed for the day
Attached Thumbnails My £rd Week Living On The Gold Coast-flowerhse.jpg  
Old Apr 9th 2004, 1:36 pm
mark,abbi,tia & max

mark warner is an unknown quantity at this point

hi lisa
we should be there by the second week of may all going well could you post the sites for any letting agents in your area as we have also looked at arundel ,ask hubby to look for 2 jobs as i will need one too once my tools arrive.
glad to hear you are getting on so well and really enjoying yourselves
regards
mark
Old Apr 9th 2004, 1:38 pm
Mmmm what to do!!

katherineiv is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
Well you sound like you are having a great time !!!
We wasnt sure where yet in Brisbane but I like the look of the coast and there sounds lovely...........
Is there many machanics jobs around there?

Im so jealous reading your thread

katherine
Old Apr 9th 2004, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hiya lisa

Glad to hear that you are loving it By the looks of this thread it seems that there are loads of peeps heading for the Gold Coast. Dont forget you are the picnic organiser
Old Apr 9th 2004, 4:13 pm
Go Banana's !!

Hi everyone,

Happy Easter!

Happy easter

Lisa

Hope we love Oz as much as you do.
So glad to hear it does work out

Jill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.