Mute!!!!!!!!

Old Nov 29th 2004, 12:57 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Mute!!!!!!!!

We bought out Sony Wega TV over as it wasnt very old.....We knew it was 50/50 whether we could get it to go or not....

Well...... we have bought a sony dvd/video combi from clevo and the dvd's and vids are workin fine..... so is any game console we connect.. (picture quality and sound is A1)

prob we face.... is with normal tv..... not only is the picture naff (yeah i know the progs are too!!!!) we cant get any sound...

Is there anything we can do to correct this b4 we buy another and give this one to the kids for games and films.

love

boomie
xx
Old Nov 29th 2004, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Mute!!!!!!!!

We had our tv converted before we came over. I can't really remember why (I leave those sorts of things to the hubby ) but it had something to do with the sound and I am pretty sure that my husband said that you can only listen with sound through the video if it hasn't been converted... - anyone else know if this is accurate?
Old Nov 29th 2004, 1:05 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomie
We bought out Sony Wega TV over as it wasnt very old.....We knew it was 50/50 whether we could get it to go or not....

Well...... we have bought a sony dvd/video combi from clevo and the dvd's and vids are workin fine..... so is any game console we connect.. (picture quality and sound is A1)

prob we face.... is with normal tv..... not only is the picture naff (yeah i know the progs are too!!!!) we cant get any sound...

Is there anything we can do to correct this b4 we buy another and give this one to the kids for games and films.

love

boomie
xx

Boomie
Are you watching the normal TV channels through the (ozzie) video player? Rather than directkly on your TV, usually an AUX channel or something like that on your TV. That should work. Let me know!

Andrew
Old Nov 29th 2004, 10:47 am

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by andrew63
Boomie
Are you watching the normal TV channels through the (ozzie) video player? Rather than directkly on your TV, usually an AUX channel or something like that on your TV. That should work. Let me know!

Andrew

still cant get it to werk..... thanks anyways

love boomie
xx
Old Nov 29th 2004, 11:52 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Have you connected the Video to the TV using a SCART connection rather than the arial-type connection?

If you are using an Oz video and it is connected to the TV through the normal arial connection then you will get the same problem as if you just plugged the arial into the TV.

Hope this helps.
Alistair
Old Nov 29th 2004, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
Have you connected the Video to the TV using a SCART connection rather than the arial-type connection?

If you are using an Oz video and it is connected to the TV through the normal arial connection then you will get the same problem as if you just plugged the arial into the TV.

Hope this helps.
Alistair
Hiya....... the connection from the dvd/video combi had red, white and yellow connections...... these we put into a scart lead adapter.....

love boomie
xx
Old Nov 29th 2004, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Boomie
Hiya....... the connection from the dvd/video combi had red, white and yellow connections...... these we put into a scart lead adapter.....

love boomie
xx
Not much help here but I just wanted to reassure you that you're not alone ...
---------------------------
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...net%26rnum%3D1
Hope someone can help me. I've got me a big Sony VEGA TV here in the UK
which I want to take with me to Australia. I currently only use it for
digital TV through a Sky box, and when I get to Oz, will only use it for
receiving digital TV as well. Is this going to work? I'm no techie, but I've
had a look at the DVB webiste, it appears to suggest that it should work,
but I've heard of problems where you can get a picture but no sound, or is
that just with terrestrial channels?
Any help much appreciated.
-----------------------------
Old Nov 29th 2004, 12:30 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Not much help here but I just wanted to reassure you that you're not alone ...
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...net%26rnum%3D1
Hope someone can help me. I've got me a big Sony VEGA TV here in the UK
which I want to take with me to Australia. I currently only use it for
digital TV through a Sky box, and when I get to Oz, will only use it for
receiving digital TV as well. Is this going to work? I'm no techie, but I've
had a look at the DVB webiste, it appears to suggest that it should work,
but I've heard of problems where you can get a picture but no sound, or is
that just with terrestrial channels?
Any help much appreciated.
-----------------------------
If you get foxtel and feed it straight through that the tv will be fine, we brought ours over with no problems. Your tv should have PAL so you'll be fine.

If there is a problem just feed it through an oz vcr.

Walla
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 10:27 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I don't know if you have got your TV working yet, or whether you have bought a new one, but I just remebered that when we first tuned in the TV (bought here) all the channels (except SBS) were being transmitted on two different frequency bands. One band gave a really good picture while the other one had a really bad picture and no sound. We also had a problem with one of the arial sockets not working properly.

Hope this helps
Alistair