Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

must see, near or far on Sunny coast

must see, near or far on Sunny coast

Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:30 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of
Default must see, near or far on Sunny coast

hello everyone

as you are probably aware chris and i are on our way out to the Sc in june for a rekkie. we are going to be staying in maroochydore and having a good mooch around to get a feel of the place. we are also heading to bundaberg for a few days to stay with family.
i'm just wondering if there are any little hidden gems that you think would be a worthwhile visit, as, like lots of people we are aware of house prices in certain areas, but are not against looking at places further afield

by the way if anyone fancies meeting up for a few jars, egg and I would be more than willing to have one or two drinks
bec
Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: must see, near or far on Sunny coast

We're going to check out Hervey Bay, which is on your way to Bundaberg. Supposed to be very pretty and growing but good jobs might be a problem. People seem to like Caloundra too, but I don't know much about that.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 10:04 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Heading North from Maroochydore you could take in the Main Beach at Noosa then head up the Beach ,if you hire a 4X4, to Rainbow Beach & the world famous coloured sands. A short drive from Rainbow is Tin Can Bay, get there early & you can feed the dolphins by hand. Driving onward you could explore the old town of Maryborough before heading into Hervey Bay or go over to Fraser Island & drive up the Island exiting to Hervey Bay. From Hervey Bay it's only a couple of hours to Bundy you could stop in Childers for a look around. While in Bundy a trip out to Lady Musgrave Island is a must, failing that a snorkel around the rocks at Coral Cove is quite easy.
Old May 1st 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by egghead4
hello everyone

as you are probably aware chris and i are on our way out to the Sc in june for a rekkie. we are going to be staying in maroochydore and having a good mooch around to get a feel of the place. we are also heading to bundaberg for a few days to stay with family.
i'm just wondering if there are any little hidden gems that you think would be a worthwhile visit, as, like lots of people we are aware of house prices in certain areas, but are not against looking at places further afield

by the way if anyone fancies meeting up for a few jars, egg and I would be more than willing to have one or two drinks
bec
Lets us know when you will be here and shifts permitting perhaps we can meet up.
There are quite a few expats here in Bundy now have a look on the Bundaberg thread millsey arrived december we arrived jan shari arrived last month and another couple arriving mid may.
Lovely and warm here again today just lush.
o well best go off to do a night shift
Teryna
Old May 1st 2008, 6:56 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

thank you everyone for your replies, we will def consider all the things you have said. having said that, to all those people living on the SC, are there any particular areas that would be worth a gander, i mean in relation to buying or renting property? I have looked at so many areas on the Sc, but are there any parts that would be worth a particular look
thanks once again
bec
Old May 1st 2008, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by egghead4
thank you everyone for your replies, we will def consider all the things you have said. having said that, to all those people living on the SC, are there any particular areas that would be worth a gander, i mean in relation to buying or renting property? I have looked at so many areas on the Sc, but are there any parts that would be worth a particular look
thanks once again
bec
All depends what you want really do you want a big busy town if so look at the mining towns do you want a city then its close to brissie you need to look or do you ant more rural then bundy childers area is lovely.
if you got kids you need to think of them too if they are not happy then neither will you be
From what ive read it best to stick to what you know maybe one of the bigger towns would suit you being a newp girl somewhere like hervey bay ive heard Caloundra is lovely though not been there.
You will know once you stayed in an area for a few days if you are suited to it.
Sorry cant offer anymore advice
Teryna