British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Must do trips in Oz.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/must-do-trips-oz-364607/)

guru j Mar 30th 2006 1:29 pm

Must do trips in Oz....

My family and i are doing our validation trip,leaving from Manchester on the 13th of april going to Brisbane for two weeks,just wanted to know what trips we should squeeze in during our stay and are there any we should avoid? :confused: Thanks for any replies. :)

loz Mar 30th 2006 1:52 pm

Re: Must do trips in Oz....

Try and squeeze in a couple of days on Fraser Island if you can the place is amazing.........back to nature at its best and a brilliant place to chill :D

For a great day out and one of the best value days we've had try Australia Zoo.........so much to see in 1 day.

It all depends what you are into and what you would like to see (and personal preference as well) for example we prefer the sunshine coast to the gold coast areas but each has its gems.

Mostly just enjoy.

Loz x

Juliecabs Mar 30th 2006 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by guru j
My family and i are doing our validation trip,leaving from Manchester on the 13th of april going to Brisbane for two weeks,just wanted to know what trips we should squeeze in during our stay and are there any we should avoid? :confused: Thanks for any replies. :)

Kids will love the theme parks (Dreamworld, Seaworld, Wet 'n' Wild and Movie World).
Moreton Island (to feed wild dolphins).
Australia Zoo (belongs to Steve Irwin).

Julie. x

upthehammers Mar 30th 2006 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by loz
Try and squeeze in a couple of days on Fraser Island if you can the place is amazing.........back to nature at its best and a brilliant place to chill :D

For a great day out and one of the best value days we've had try Australia Zoo.........so much to see in 1 day.

It all depends what you are into and what you would like to see (and personal preference as well) for example we prefer the sunshine coast to the gold coast areas but each has its gems.

Mostly just enjoy.

Loz x

I would agree Auatralia zoo is a must.We also done seaworld which was good

Rick C Mar 30th 2006 2:02 pm

Me and my other half are going to Brisbane in June but only going to be there for 4 days. We are doing an overnight camping trip to Moerton Island and going to visit Australia Zoo. Then we head off to Uluru for 4 days, then on to Sydney and finally down to Melbourne all in all a 3 week trip. I'd just say try and pack as much as you can into your trip. And to cut down on the expense why not try staying at the yha, we are and we stayed in the Sydney yha back in 2004 and thir just as good as most Hotels i've stayed in.

possoms Mar 30th 2006 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by guru j

Hi check out this thread and in particular post 29 :)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=355281&pp=15

pazza Mar 30th 2006 6:57 pm

I totally agree with all the theme parks, they're a must, we never went to the zoo, but maybes somewhere a close second, we went to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctary, where we seen a great deal of animals, snakes, etc. what you'd expect to see in Aussie.

We went for 3 weeks, and it was nowhere near enough time to see everthing, and go everywhere.

So for the fortnight you're there, try and cram everything you can and really enjoy yourselves.

If you get the chance, have a drive down to the Gold Coast and see the beautiful beaches.

Good Luck

Steve.

The Quinns Mar 30th 2006 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by pazza
I totally agree with all the theme parks, they're a must, we never went to the zoo, but maybes somewhere a close second, we went to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctary, where we seen a great deal of animals, snakes, etc. what you'd expect to see in Aussie.

We went for 3 weeks, and it was nowhere near enough time to see everthing, and go everywhere.

So for the fortnight you're there, try and cram everything you can and really enjoy yourselves.

If you get the chance, have a drive down to the Gold Coast and see the beautiful beaches.

Good Luck

Steve.

hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We went down the river on a boat trip to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
:) Fab day!