Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Music Scene in Oz ???

Music Scene in Oz ???

Old Oct 31st 2004, 6:36 pm
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute
Default Music Scene in Oz ???

As you can probably guess i'm a big Quo fan.
I know from using the Quo message board that they have a big following out there, but i was wondering what the concert scene is like out there.
Myself and Debs love to go to concerts ( we probably do 15-20 a year between us ) so it would be good to know.

I love rock music and have been fortunate enough to see some of the biggest bands in the world,( The awsome AC/DC x 4, Metallica x 2, Rush,Queen and too many more to mention )
I would hate to think that when we come out there we won't have the opportunity to see any of these bands again.

Any info would be gratefully accepted.

Off to see Anastacia on Friday :scared: with Debs then the next one is the Mighty Quo at the Manchester Apollo in December.

Cheers And Rock on...
Old Oct 31st 2004, 7:01 pm
making your move easier

melbournehelp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Music Scene in Oz ???

Certainly in Melbourne, the live music scene and concerts are alive and well.
Summer festivals are great and the twilight cinema- sat on the gardens watching a film with a cold beer.Excellent

Originally Posted by 4500 Times
As you can probably guess i'm a big Quo fan.
I know from using the Quo message board that they have a big following out there, but i was wondering what the concert scene is like out there.
Myself and Debs love to go to concerts ( we probably do 15-20 a year between us ) so it would be good to know.

I love rock music and have been fortunate enough to see some of the biggest bands in the world,( The awsome AC/DC x 4, Metallica x 2, Rush,Queen and too many more to mention )
I would hate to think that when we come out there we won't have the opportunity to see any of these bands again.

Any info would be gratefully accepted.

Off to see Anastacia on Friday :scared: with Debs then the next one is the Mighty Quo at the Manchester Apollo in December.

Cheers And Rock on...
Old Oct 31st 2004, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

maetscott is an unknown quantity at this point

I can honestly tell you as an australian that the rock music scene concert wise is rivalled to the uk. I am also a big rock fan and every major city has festivals such as the big day out and if looking at brisbane melbourne sydney etc. all major bands will tour there and u will find the local rock scene pretty fab also.
all the best
maet
Old Oct 31st 2004, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

kath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura about

Yep, I agree. The music scene is definately "rocking" over here!
They play some excellent rock music on the music stations (the ones I listen to anyway...!) And most of the major bands do gigs here in most cities.
I personally think the music is better here than the U.K........
Old Oct 31st 2004, 8:30 pm
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that guys.
Good to know theres some decent rock radio stations.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

maetscott is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are in brissy listen to triple mmm or triple zzz for the harder stuff and australia wide triple jjj hopt but local stations do some great rock also.
xx maet