Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Murwillumbah....Any expates living here?

Murwillumbah....Any expates living here?

Old Nov 22nd 2005, 8:44 am
Just Joined

Sir Slippery is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Murwillumbah....Any expates living here?

Hi

We are still trying to narrow down places to live when we emigrate to Oz next year, my wife's family live on the Gold Coast and we are still not sure if we want to live there.

We are looking at other alternatives, i.e maybe around the outskirts, one place my wife has suggested is Murwillumbah, does any one have any experiences or indeed live there. If so whats it like?

I look forward to hearing about your thoughts or experiences

Cheers

Si
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Murwillumbah....Any expates living here?

Originally Posted by Sir Slippery
Hi

We are still trying to narrow down places to live when we emigrate to Oz next year, my wife's family live on the Gold Coast and we are still not sure if we want to live there.

We are looking at other alternatives, i.e maybe around the outskirts, one place my wife has suggested is Murwillumbah, does any one have any experiences or indeed live there. If so whats it like?

Cheers

Si
Sorry, Si - don't have any answers for you on this one, but was wondering where it was in relation to the Central Gold Coast? Michelle
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 10:29 am
Just Joined

Sir Slippery is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
Sorry, Si - don't have any answers for you on this one, but was wondering where it was in relation to the Central Gold Coast? Michelle
Hi Michelle

http://www.bigvolcano.com.au/places/murwillu.htm

here is a link to Murwillumbah, we've just been looking at property and you can get some really nice houses and land for a reasonable price.

The gold Coast (Surfers)is 40 minutes, Coolangatta is 25, Byron Bay is 30 minutes, so is quit central.

Si
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

stubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nice

Hi

Cheers

Si
Hi SS
just as a matter of interest the current "I'm A celebrity..." is based around the area of Murwillumbah (so I've read)
SH
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Michelle

http://www.bigvolcano.com.au/places/murwillu.htm

here is a link to Murwillumbah, we've just been looking at property and you can get some really nice houses and land for a reasonable price.

The gold Coast (Surfers)is 40 minutes, Coolangatta is 25, Byron Bay is 30 minutes, so is quit central.

Si
Thanks for that. Will have a look later this evening (when boss isn't paying for my time........) Michelle